• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

CuNi

They said it's small... maybe...

We just missed it? 1 Frame Halo Game announcement?
(/jk)

Whatever it was, it seems to be SO small, that it wasnt even worth 1-2m stagetime.

Compsiox

Banned
I guess they pulled whatever they had planned or the 'little something was Halo Wars 2 4K - Xbox One X patch.

If they actually took the time to tease something this small so long ago that's beyond disappointing. It's basically misleading.

KingBroly

Banned
They said it's small... maybe...

We just missed it? 1 Frame Halo Game announcement?
(/jk)

Whatever it was, it seems to be SO small, that it wasnt even worth 1-2m stagetime.

Maybe that thing of Master Chief at the start was Halo 6? It didn't seem like it, though.

iFirez

They just announced on the YouTube steam that there is still something Halo related revealing this week, and it is to do with something that is already on the market.

We knew not to expect Halo 3 Anniversary Edition. We knew not to expect anything to do with Halo 6. But Halo Wars 2 4K resolution bump and some DLC is some real disappointing shit.
aa0.png

Said in the H5 thread but I hope H5 4K is dropped on another E3 day but if not I don't understand PC Forge 4K already existing and X H5 not getting a 4K update.

Again all I was talking about was bumping up the screen resolution I'm not expecting them to redo all the assets in the game.

X details in recent news was about games getting boosts automatically, so how is H5 with dynamic resolution not already an instantly available thing? Or at least stuff all developer work required to just step up to baked in X features and performance.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
How the hell is Halo 5 not getting X support? It desperately needs it.

Also. Reach Remaster. Make it happen.

jackdoe

I'm disappointed. A Halo 5 update to 4K with a fix to the half framerate animation draw distance would have been an awesome way to help sell me on Xbox One X.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I'm disappointed. A Halo 5 update to 4K with a fix to the half framerate animation draw distance would have been an awesome way to help sell me on Xbox One X.

Indeed. Would have got me preorder an X, no questions asked. Halo 5 needs a boost.

Plasma

Banned
X details in recent news was about games getting boosts automatically, so how is H5 with dynamic resolution not already an instantly available thing? Or at least stuff all developer work required to just step up to baked in X features and performance.

Halo 5 has a dynamic resolution but it caps out at 1080p, to maintain framerate the game will drop the resolution size down dynamically. What the boost mode means is that it should be hitting 1080p all of the time, however without a 4K patch it won't go above 1080p.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Two years after the last mainline Halo release and they won't announce Halo 6. Doesn't exactly scream confidence.

I'll take absence over disappointment though.

Two years after the last mainline Halo release and they won't announce Halo 6. Doesn't exactly scream confidence.

To be fair for how "unpopular" Halo is right now, a simple teaser for a game that isn't launching this year seems a bit pointless.

Lack of Halo 6 doesn't bother me. They need to take their time. They have to churn out a good campaign, they also need to reassess their art style.

The fact that Halo wasn't even mentioned during the conference really makes me wonder what 343 is up to.

Halo 6, I wonder if they took a step back to look at the game after the backlash Halo 5 received on the campaign front. They can't screw up again, they have yet to make a good Halo campaign. Could be that they're doing a massive re-work and they can't show anything yet.

Halo 6, I wonder if they took a step back to look at the game after the backlash Halo 5 received on the campaign front. They can't screw up again, they have yet to make a good Halo campaign. Could be that they're doing a massive re-work and they can't show anything yet.

Three words for them: big open battles.

I mean, just look at 90% of H3 and copy/make that bigger. xD

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I have enough trust left in 343 to give them one more chance. If a prolonged wait means a better experience and a better reveal, then so be it.

Would love to see more games in the Halo universe in the mean time. Halo Wars just isn't enough. And the cheapo Spartan Assault games don't count.

Omni

I'd have bought a Scorpio for Halo 3 Anniversary, haha

OH WELL. Halo Wars DLC could be cool. Gimme some new maps please

Top Bottom