• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 6 won't be at E3 but 343 has a "little" something to show

What I want: Massive MCC patch for win 10+steam and xbox w/ halo 3 anniversary graphics switch (Scorpio and pc only feature), cross play, Reach included, ODST firefight, a new UI, mod support for PC like custom edition, and a custom game browser. Rebrand the whole game as the halo collection.

What we will get: Halo 5 brute weapon reqs or teaser for next halo wars dlc or mobile game w/ micro transactions.

Besides Halo 3 Anniversary, I want Halo: Firefight that borrows from all of the Haloverse in characters/weapons/vehicles/locations and features traditional survival firefight modes as well as Reach-like time attack, etc but also with new modes similar to Destiny's Strikes with boss battles, etc and most importantly a character progression system taking the player from Soldier-to-Spartan with a loot system to boot.

Yeah, I know, neither is likely especially the latter but I still want it.

mcrommert

Banned
What I want: Massive MCC patch for win 10+steam and xbox w/ halo 3 anniversary graphics switch (Scorpio and pc only feature), cross play, Reach included, ODST firefight, a new UI, mod support for PC like custom edition, and a custom game browser. Rebrand the whole game as the halo collection.

What we will get: Halo 5 brute weapon reqs or teaser for next halo wars dlc.

Correct

Gwyn

I want my Halo RPG!

I want Halo fps featuring only The Flood in VR rated M

flood_infection_form_by_themefinland-db80ceh.jpg

flood_pure_form_by_themefinland-db7qkt7.jpg

flood_combat_form_by_themefinland-db7j845.jpg

E92 M3

343 should give everyone a free Redbox coupon for their games, because it's a big risk buying blind lol. Either way, I have zero excitement for Halo 6 or anything else they are doing.

Rather sad - Halo was always something special.

Can people stop saying Halo 3 Anniversary? 343 themselves have stated over and over that it's not something they are working on.

Every time it's mentioned my heart aches.

Madness

Phil Spencer 2017 - "It's going to be an interesting year for us because we don't have Gears, we don't have a Halo first-person shooter game."

This makes the most sense because this is the year they started calling their mainline 343 team the FPS Studio Head and other FPS titles. Meaning aside from Halo Wars, they may have something non-FPS in the works. Maybe a Lego Halo game that was rumored. We already see Arbiter in Killer Instinct. Maybe it could be some sort of RPG or action adventure game set in the universe. License out to another studio etc.

I'm guessing it's either Halo 3 Anniversary with a huge kick up the backside for Scorpio, or it'll be the beta for Halo 6 which is bundled with Crackdown 3 or perhaps one of their other big releases this year.

wwm0nkey

What we will get: Halo 5 brute weapon reqs or teaser for next halo wars dlc or mobile game w/ micro transactions.

Yeah the Brute weapons have been "in" for a bit so we know we are getting those at some point. Would kill for MCC on PC though :c

Halo Wars 2 DLC sounds likely. I still need to play that game...

I'd be willing to bet on some kind of Scorpio update for Halo 5 as well.

rrc1594

Jez already said it's HW2 DLC. I mean do you really think they kept H3A quiet all this time without even a little of a leak

This makes the most sense because this is the year they started calling their mainline 343 team the FPS Studio Head and other FPS titles. Meaning aside from Halo Wars, they may have something non-FPS in the works. Maybe a Lego Halo game that was rumored. We already see Arbiter in Killer Instinct. Maybe it could be some sort of RPG or action adventure game set in the universe. License out to another studio etc.

Well fucking finally it's insane how they haven't branched out with Halo beyond FPS

Already answered but I'll post the article.

I'm actually not expecting it at this point but Frankie and company denied the existence of Halo 2 Anniversary in the same manner so it wouldn't be unprecedented either if it did come to fruition nor would it be shocking if they simply didn't want to give out any hints to what might be one of their bigger surprises at E3.

Venom.

I think it will be Halo 5 patched for Scorpio to enable local/couch split-screen multiplayer!

Probably Halo 3 Anniversary.

I'm confused. Why are people asking for Halo 3 Anniversary, how would it be different from the HD remaster included in Halo:MCC?

Im still hoping Xbox is reading comments like those because Halo's universe is diverse enough to go into more genres. Hell they could go into third person horror territory or yes RPG. Wouldn't mind at all to see more being done with Halo.

Could a new IP be possible?Like what Guerilla did with Horizon?

Nah. I wish! But they wouldn't call that a little something. Besides Jez Corden says Halo Wars 2 DLC and i have very little reason not to believe him.

H5 MP was so good if they just update the game for Scorpio I think they'd cover their bases.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to come out with something like ODST sp wise to show off Scorpio but I have a feeling it'll be the return of splitscreen H5.

Damn, that's a bit odd. The Halo cycle has always been to announce the next mainline game at the E3 prior to year of release.

Guess that kinda kills the hope of a Halo 6 beta in winter as well? Though I feel like they'd want to do that again seeing as how they kept stressing how great it was to have a Halo 5 beta so early in development.

I'm confused. Why are people asking for Halo 3 Anniversary, how would it be different from the HD remaster included in Halo:MCC?

Halo 3 didn't get the Anniversary treatment in TMCC but rather just an increase in resolution and framerate.

The Anniversary treatment gets an all new visual layer on top of the old version bringing it more in line with what folks would expect from a 2017 title as well as remastered audio and God-tier Blur cutscenes.

Like Madness stated above seems they are splitting teams up at 343. I doubt will see anything soon tho.

That would be great news. Apparently 343 consists of a huge amount of people, so it would make sense. It would be superb if the other team could be making a new IP but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still Halo related.

psyfi

Banned
Halo 3 is stale as hell compared to Halo 5 and I don't want 343 bothering with it, honestly. I just want Halo 6 or something that breathes new life into Halo 5.

Top Bottom