• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sfVxk7P.gif

Really? That seems like a massive missed opportunity.

Wezzulus

Neo Member
I hope they do 1000 gamerscore per game with 500 for multiplayer and 500 for campaign. Some of the achievements, I assume, will return like one for completing each mission of campaign for the games and additional for doing it via co-op. That seems to make the most sense.
I hope online achievements will be kept to a minimum. Campaign missions I'm all for though.

Welfare

I hope they do 1000 gamerscore per game with 500 for multiplayer and 500 for campaign. Some of the achievements, I assume, will return like one for completing each mission of campaign for the games and additional for doing it via co-op. That seems to make the most sense.

I'd like a 750/250 split for each game. 3000Gs for campaign, 1000Gs for multiplayer.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

That sounds terrible, and god I hope they don't go that route. Multiplayer is unified for all games. It would be tragic if we have to hunt down 500mp achievements for all 4 games. I posted my prediction earlier in this thread. Let me find it

edit

Lets speculate some achievements lol

1000G - achievement for completing all 4 Campaign solo AND Co-operatively both.

1000G - for multiplayer related stuff

500G - All terminals (for every game)

500G - All skulls (for every game)

1000G - for campaign related objectives

This should be good right guys?

I hope its something like this. If they treat this as one game, it would be so much better.

I think H3 will benefit hugely from just the increase in res. It was actually a pretty beautiful game just the human character models looked bad.

The native-res screens Bungie posted back in the day were nothing short of glorious.

I still think it's got the best art out of all the Halo games.

FyreWulff

They've got enough RAM that they could just load all 4 games engines at once and just trigger and switch to the one they're using.

Assuming assets fully loaded in original mode in addition to the run time

~50MB(H1) + ~50MB(h2) + ~380MB(H3) + ~400MB(H4)

Under a gig to load the state of every single Halo game with a map fully loaded, and you have 4GB left over

The loading of the engine itself is a small part of getting it loaded, most of the time is populating the assets

El_Chino

why would developing maps in a game with over 100 maps already, and giving them away for free be a "missed opportunity"?
Correction Halo 2 maps* and it doesn't have to be free. Seeing how Halo 2 anniversary is the main attraction to this package it'd be nice to have more Halo 2 maps reimagined 10 years later.

FyreWulff

Is it already known if the online co-op will be free of those lag problems of the previous version? :)

It is 99% likely that button lag will still be present in all titles for co-operative modes.

"Fixing" that issue requires re-writing the entire AI engine for all 4 games to make them work over async. On a budget release. lol, not happening

Guerrilla

My first disappointment with the collection. Midship would have been a much better choice and it would have been nice for the visual variety it would have added and since there were no Covenant maps in Halo 4.
I really hope the final map is Terminal.

So now Ascension, Coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary are confirmed correct? So only place for two of these: Lockout, Midship, Ivory Tower... I need all of those :/

Edit: Wait 5 are confirmed? Which is the 5th?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Campaign footage of Halo 3/4 and ranking system.

This is all I want to see. I hope, they don't make us wait anymore.

Bsigg12

My first disappointment with the collection. Midship would have been a much better choice and it would have been nice for the visual variety it would have added and since there were no Covenant maps in Halo 4.
I really hope the final map is Terminal.

There's 2 maps left to be revealed.

So now Ascension, Coagulation, Zanzibar, Sanctuary are confirmed correct? So only place for two of these: Lockout, Midship, Ivory Tower... I need all of those :/

Edit: Wait 5 are confirmed? Which is the 5th?

Lockout.
Judging by the sizes of the currently revealed maps the final map will likely be a large map.
There's 2 maps left to be revealed.

Nope, Frankie said Lockout along with Zanzibar at E3.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115475091&postcount=16383

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Campaign footage of Halo 3/4 and ranking system.

This is all I want to see. I hope, they don't make us wait anymore.

Eh.

Campaign footage of H3/4 will look pretty identical to the 360 versions unless they release it on gamersyde.

I would rather see what progress they are making on the layers of Halo 2 Anniversary.

The E3 footage looked like a good start, but still rather close to what I would expect from a 360 remake, not an XBO remake. But it was an early WIP.

Computer

When can we expect to see vids popping up on youtube of people playing MCC on the show floor? I would like to see some impressions.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Lockout needs to be remade -- it's a given, right? Right?

Also, I wish developers/publishers would consider another money stream that would help fund continuing development of an already released game rather than charge for map packs. I understand those things cost money, but it would seem like it would be worth a try to maybe monetize aesthetic/vanity armor, weapons, insignia, whatever is in the game rather than the maps itself and further fragment the community. Maybe even make stuff like achievements dealing with those maps (and other specific things that don't really affect gameplay) behind a paywall but keep the actual maps free. This doesn't really deal with Halo specifically, although it would be nice if Microsoft decided to attempt something different than just map packs.

Nope, Frankie said Lockout along with Zanzibar at E3.
www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115475091&postcount=16383

YES!! YES!!!!

Ramirez

I really can't believe they remade Zanzi/Coag/Lockout again. Zanzi and Coag have been remade countless times already. Give Terminal/Turf/etc some love, geez.

And don't waste a spot on Midship when Heretic is in Halo 3.

I really can't believe they remade Zanzi/Coag/Lockout again. Zanzi and Coag have been remade countless times already. Give Terminal/Turf/etc some love, geez.

Hell, Coag(at least its geometry, the bases were Blood Gulch), Sanctuary and Ascension where all part of Forge world. We might end up with only maps that have been remade before, which would be kinda sad. On the other hand I guess that means we might end up seeing some H2 maps in Halo 5 that haven't been remade yet...

Yeah Midship and Lockout are two of my favorites but I really don't need a fresh coat of paint on what were tried and true maps.

Leave the tinkering for the maps that need adjusting. I'd be interested in a Collosus remake for example--thats an interesting map that could be really good with some changes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

And don't waste a spot on Midship when Heretic is in Halo 3.
Not to mention Midship in the original Halo 2 multiplayer.

And yeah, the fact that the first BTB map revealed is Coag is pretty disappointing. I'd much rather have gotten Terminal or Waterworks.

Not to mention Midship in the original Halo 2 multiplayer.

And yeah, the fact that the first BTB map revealed is Coag is pretty disappointing. I'd much rather have gotten Terminal or Waterworks.

I doubt we will only get one BTB map.

We have

Small:
Lockout​
Sanctuary​

Medium:
Ascension(Medium Small)​
Zanzibar(Medium Large)​

Large:
Coagulation​

I think it is very likely that the final map will be a large map.
Terminal plz. The hope for Terminal never dies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom