• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Yep, the second point I posted. Here I'll circle it for ya. This is new and I'm assuming interactive. Also there were the pillars at the bomb arming area you could shoot and destroy in the original map too, it made defending far too easy (not sure if this is returning or not).

qlccvph.jpg
Yeah just seems weak compared to the waterfall/shield on the other maps. May be all that's new... The wheel would be something, though I'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Source

If you had a 50 in Halo 2 you either cheated or never lost.

Now imagine that in a game with a much wider skill gap aka Halo CE.

They cheated. There was no way to get a 50 legit. Once you got in the high 30s it was cheaters galore. You had to bridge yourself host in order to ensure you don't get cheated, but bridging host was a form of cheating itself. I can't imagine a single person got to 50 legit.

sja_626

Do we know if there'll be any stereoscopic 3D support for CEA like it had on 360? I hope so. Would also be great if they added it to H2A, H3 and H4 as well though it'd probably be limited to 30FPS.

I also wonder if CEA's Kinect features made it across.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
They cheated. There was no way to get a 50 legit. Once you got in the high 30s it was cheaters galore. You had to bridge yourself host in order to ensure you don't get cheated, but bridging host was a form of cheating itself. I can't imagine a single person got to 50 legit.

37-40 was basically the elites of halo 2

I do wonder if they are doing rankings based on playlist, game or playlist of game.

Doing game ranks would be too general and hurts the drive of the game. (i loved ranked slayer, objective, doubles and snipers for example)

Doing playlist ranks may not work well considering people have strengths per game, not just per playlist.

Playlist per game may be too much of a slog, though. And for cross game playlists it would be a nightmare... unless the game vote takes place before the matchmaking itself occurs.

Do we know if there'll be any stereoscopic 3D support for CEA like it had on 360? I hope so. Would also be great if they added it to H2A, H3 and H4 as well though it'd probably be limited to 30FPS.

I also wonder if CEA's Kinect features made it across.

3D support has been dropped, unfortunately.

Rockyrock

37-40 was basically the elites of halo 2

I do wonder if they are doing rankings based on playlist, game or playlist of game.

Doing game ranks would be too general and hurts the drive of the game. (i loved ranked slayer, objective, doubles and snipers for example)

Doing playlist ranks may not work well considering people have strengths per game, not just per playlist.

Playlist per game may be too much of a slog, though. And for cross game playlists it would be a nightmare... unless the game vote takes place before the matchmaking itself occurs.

3D support has been dropped, unfortunately.
The trick was to search in parties of 2 once you got that high. If you searched with a team of 4 you were 99% sure to get cheated at high ranks.

I got to 44 in slayer legit just searching with 1 buddy of mine.

Never came across a legit 50 though. Will be nice to try and finally achieve it.

There's so much content with this.

There will be 6 playable engines on this disc

A FREE content hub that includes a quality TV show and news as well as that spectator thing which will be cool for tournament play.

If you are a Halo fan this is all you can ask for and it's only 60$

Looks like I'm the one guy, but man... I don't like how Halo looks at 60 FPS. I watched the clips in HD a few times, and it just looks weird to me, and worse still it actually hurts my eyes for some reason, which not something I've ever had a problem with when gaming... Hopefully when I'm actually playing though it'll be better...

Dub117

As a longtime fan, seeing Halo run at 60fps kind of blows my mind.
I know, it seems a bit weird, but I'm sure I'll get used to it, after hundreds of hours I play before 2015. Can I just quit my job and play this? I think it would be for the best..

Buwx

Dear god, man! Is there nothing else available?

I understand if it's a money thing, but otherwise, ugh.

We actually just called Verizon today about the issue; Verizon fucked up somehow, and the line isn't providing what we're paying for. So I've got a couple days of waiting before I can expect better results. Regardless, it'll be nice to know that I can actually play some god damned Halo multiplayer for once in the past year or so. Haha.

Striker

Also there were the pillars at the bomb arming area you could shoot and destroy in the original map too, it made defending far too easy (not sure if this is returning or not).
They're gone.

Those pillars made arming a bomb easier because you had some sense of defense with all the various ways a person can attack that spot from. Compared to an open lot like Last Resort...

IHaveIce

Banned
So it was confirmed Midship won't be the sixth Halo2 Anniversary map but instead be in Halo 5 correct?

The I assume the last one has also to be a bigger map, so the vehicles make sense

El_Chino

Looks like I'm the one guy, but man... I don't like how Halo looks at 60 FPS. I watched the clips in HD a few times, and it just looks weird to me, and worse still it actually hurts my eyes for some reason, which not something I've ever had a problem with when gaming... Hopefully when I'm actually playing though it'll be better...
I guess it boils down to preference.

I'm guessing he means that on Zanzibar you can control the rotation of the wheel, or the direction it turns.

"Were it so easy" to know if it was remotely related to truth.. Seriously that was a fantasy of 14yr old me... but the value of controlling it seems limited.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Listening to the latest Giant Bombcast, an anonymous email from HaloMan (which claims to be somebody from the development team of the Master Chief Collection) says that the "move mouse to move camera" prompt Jeff saw at the MCC demo is actually just leftover code from Halo 2 Vista release, which was one of the first games to poll what control method was being used and change text inputs on screen.

He continues to say that things change and they would love to release it on PC, but they're focused on Xbox One for now.

That actually makes sense and it bums me out.

Kibbles

I can't get over how incredible of a value this is and how it's going to consume my life. Yasss.

get hype for stream?

Tablo

Oh my god. This cements a need for an Xbox One in my dorm.
That footage at 60fps is insane.
This collection is the best thing ever.
I can't deal with how fucking amazing this will be.
So much love flowing through me :DDDD

You know what? It might feel stupid, but really it's not. It's damn amazing package for anyone even remotely interested in Halo and you'd be far from the only one taking the plunge because of this game (I know personally know many, and I know like, no people :p).

Besides, it's (most likely) not like there won't be other games you'll buy down the line. :p

I was the exact same way! After playing a few matches I would end up setting up a party and glitching, either trying to get out of the maps or super bouncing!

I did.

I hardly ever turn on my Xbox One now. But once this comes out....maaaaaan.

The amount of time I'll spend playing this and Halo 5 will make the XB1 worth every penny.

Don't worry, I'm buying one just for MCC and H5. Too good of a deal to pass on.

Yuuup.

Ape

Banned
Why didn't they turn off messages during video? So dumb.

e:eek:h look they figured out it's a good idea to turn them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom