• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC patch out tomorrow.

"Its still broken"

343 staff:
z69873840042.gif

Nialrot

I don't see anything on the audio cues being fixed across the board. The ole Astros keep stearing me in the wrong direction.

furious

Banned
It's already the afternoon of the 20th in Australia, disappointed my time travel isn't getting me the patch earlier.

Hawk269

Can't blame him for being steamed. We goofed, to put it politely. Many of the little issues are connected to a single, bigger big issue that didn't expose itself till we were in the wild and cascade from that.

Fingers crossed.

We'll keep you posted tomorrow.

Frankie, do you foresee any improvements coming for some of the performance issues with Halo CE and Halo 4? I know that Match Making is probably a priority, but some of the tech issues in Halo CE like the slowdown, Terminals not activating, the bug where it skips 343 Guilty Spark level and then just the performance issues with Halo 4 in general.

BTW... I know you made a comment that ended with "I know we owe you". Personally speaking, I will take a 1080p/30fps remake of HALO WARS!!! Oh and in your spare time perhaps Reach and ODST! LOL. In all seriousness, something like Halo Wars 2 would be a big draw as there are no games like it on the PS4 or Xbox One and will give the library that diversity it needs.

Ramirez

This and party splitting. Probably the two biggest issues not mentioned in the patch.

As someone just mentioned to me, they might be holding off on 4v4 until they know it works, since it seems like something they can change quickly on their side.

Can't blame him for being steamed. We goofed, to put it politely. Many of the little issues are connected to a single, bigger big issue that didn't expose itself till we were in the wild and cascade from that.

Fingers crossed.

You guys are on it. Hoping this works, looking forward to that Halo 5 beta. Game looks great.

E92 M3

Fingers crossed.

4WyGWD4.jpg

Can't wait for a postmortem.

SlinkyFriend

Neo Member

Fingers crossed.

Kool, thanks!

CLEEK

Unless I missed it, there's nothing in there that addresses the major campaign issues. Like progress not saving, achievements not appearing, the issues with co-op, frame rate nosediving in Halo 4 etc.

Ramirez

Unless I missed it, there's nothing in there that addresses the major campaign issues. Like progress not saving, achievements not appearing, the issues with co-op, frame rate nosediving in Halo 4 etc.

The vast majority of people are pissed over matchmaking, they have to prioritize.

There is lots more to do. No sleep till turkey day.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop Frankie! (I think your name is Frankie?, lol)

Hopefully this will fix MM and everyone will have a grand old time. I've got faith in you guys! Accidents happen, even though this was a pretty big goof I knew you guys would do your best to fix it. I'm sure you're working your butts off.

"Its still broken"

343 staff:
z69873840042.gif

lol, what movie is that from?

Fingers crossed.

Good luck, hopefully its all good to go. As someone who works for a software dev/services company from experience I would hazard a guess the last week and half has been a long one. Hopefully you can all sleep soon...

It very clearly says that there are more content updates in the pipeline, and Stinkles just said they're going down to Thanksgiving to get stuff done.

I doubt Campaign isn't going to get some more attention.

Hawk269

There is lots more to do. No sleep till turkey day.

That is what I am talking about. Instead of taking a breather on the patch you release tomorrow and granted if things all work, that you know the importance of fixing the other things with the game.

Just hope all these things work as you plan so that you can enjoy a peaceful and rested Thanksgiving Day with friends and family.

There was a small mention of improvementa to achievements and stability for campaign i think. I need to reread. I skimmed through it hastily.

CLEEK

The vast majority of people are pissed over matchmaking, they have to prioritize.

Campaign progress not saving is a major bug. Up there with matchmaking not finding games. There are dozens of minor bug fixes addressed in the patch, but saving isn't one of them.

343's priorities are fucked if they think that fixing game breaking bugs in the campaign aren't important.

Head.spawn

We have additional content updates on the way, and work is already underway in an effort to continue to improve your experience with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. We thank you for your continued patience and support.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
lol, what movie is that from?

Flight

Fingers crossed.

After going through all of the work put into this collection, this must have been one of the worst feelings possible.

after that launch, I'll celebrate once I actually get into a match made game in person

you know "celebrate", bare minimum functionity, a week later for a game I paid 60$ plus tax for

#nextgen

Ramirez

Campaign progress not saving is a major bug. Up there with matchmaking not finding games. There are dozens of minor bug fixes addressed in the patch, but saving isn't one of them.

343's priorities are fucked if they think that fixing game breaking bugs in the campaign aren't important.

Of course, just saying the absolute urgent issue at hand is the online not working at all. I've completed CE on Legendary, but I've played less than 50 matches of MP. They've already said more patches are on the way. Not excusing it, just saying to most people, not being able to play any MP is a way bigger issue than campaign losing checkpoints at the moment.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Looks like a step in the right direction, but I am stunned at all the fixes present. Granted, this is a massive compilation of games; however, you have to start questioning quality control.

after that launch, I'll celebrate once I actually get into a match made game in person

you know "celebrate", bare minimum functionity, a week later for a game I paid 60$ plus tax for

#nextgen

Amen. It's also quite awesome that the week I had off to play this game (among others, to be honest), has come and gone.

At this point, I'm going to be waiting until a month after a game launches to pick it up. Website reviews are such a joke. Only a few of the big sites got it right. Thank you GameSpot and Giant Bomb.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The wording sounds like the issue was with whatever framework tied all the games together.

M$ open sourcing .NET introduced a major bug into the entire infrastructure causing the MCC's network code to malfunction.

/s

Top Bottom