• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC patch out tomorrow.

There is lots more to do. No sleep till turkey day.

You guys and gals at 343 will definitely have deserved the turkey. Even in its current state, the Halo MCC is the best damn collection I've ever seen.

I really hope we get more armor customization in the not-to-distant future. None of the Halo 2A / Halo 3 combinations are particularly appealing right now. :(

Vestal

Gold Member
Looks like a step in the right direction, but I am stunned at all the fixes present. Granted, this is a massive compilation of games; however, you have to start questioning quality control.

Amen. It's also quite awesome that the week I had off to play this game (among others, to be honest), has come and gone.

At this point, I'm going to be waiting until a month after a game launches to pick it up. Website reviews are such a joke. Only a few of the big sites got it right. Thank you GameSpot and Giant Bomb.

There can be instances were something like this can pass Quality Control as you can see from what happened here.

I remember a game back in the 90s called Pool of Radiance, game was ok, but try and uninstall it and it would wipe your c: drive.

Random17

There can be instances were something like this can pass Quality Control as you can see from what happened here.

I remember a game back in the 90s called Pool of Radiance, game was ok, but try and uninstall it and it would wipe your c: drive.

I believe this also happened with Bungie's Myth II as well.

Fracas

#fuckonami
You guys and gals at 343 will definitely have deserved the turkey. Even in its current state, the Halo MCC is the best damn collection I've ever seen.

I really hope we get more armor customization in the not-to-distant future. None of the Halo 2A / Halo 3 combinations are particularly appealing right now. :(

DQcyOPP.gif

:p

Thoraxes

So is that server exploit thing for Halo 2 MP addressed in those networking fixes?

That thing where someone can unplug and plug the internet in their console during a match, causing the other players to stare at a black screen while the exploiter takes advantage of the other players?

Every time I was about to score in a CTF match my screen would go black and show the scores for like 15 seconds, then I would come back in the game dead or warped from where I was.

And I knew it was targeted because it happened right before I was going to score, or right before I was going to return my own flag.

It was really frustrating when it would just do that at every opportune moment for my enemies.

I just wanted to make the issue known in case. There was a thread of it back.

ElRenoRaven

Well that's a huge start. Hopefully it gets the multiplayer functional so they can then move on to making some improvements and fixing single player bugs like the game save bug, not loading a random enemy here and there, etc.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
So I didn't see anything about parties being put on the same team. Please tell me this update will ensure I actually get to play the game with my friends on the same team too.

Kssio_Aug

I'm confident! Those are a lot of fixes!! I hope to see this game working for both 343 and us, addicted consumers, I'm sure its not an easy time for none of us. But they fucked it up, now its time for redeeming! =)

Head.spawn

Can't blame him for being steamed. We goofed, to put it politely. Many of the little issues are connected to a single, bigger big issue that didn't expose itself till we were in the wild and cascade from that.

Fingers crossed.

We'll keep you posted tomorrow.

I thought someone was going to detail what the actual issue was and what went wrong, is that still happening?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So I didn't see anything about parties being put on the same team. Please tell me this update will ensure I actually get to play the game with my friends on the same team too.

Party splitting has been addressed in matchmaking and is something we're keeping a close eye on.

Jrs3000

So is that server exploit thing for Halo 2 MP addressed in those networking fixes?

That thing where someone can unplug and plug the internet in their console during a match, causing the other players to stare at a black screen while the exploiter takes advantage of the other players?

Every time I was about to score in a CTF match my screen would go black and show the scores for like 15 seconds, then I would come back in the game dead or warped from where I was.

And I knew it was targeted because it happened right before I was going to score, or right before I was going to return my own flag.

It was really frustrating when it would just do that at every opportune moment for my enemies.

I just wanted to make the issue known in case. There was a thread of it back.

There is no fix for that. That can happen in any game that's P2P and doesn't migrates the host. The fix is dedicated servers, they have p2p as a fallback during these matchmaking issues. If this patch fixes everything then it everyone will get a dedicater server each time.

Madness

Matchmaking has been the biggest issue. So glad that it is the biggest priority. If we can start running parties properly, getting matches in seconds, finding games, it will definitely be the most important. I figure that if matches are being found quickly, they can eventually fix the uneven teams and the other stuff.

There won't be any rest for them anytime soon. There are a lot more smaller issues that need to be addressed, they need to get the HCS league up and running, ranks, bring back playlists, try and salvage what's left of the initial players, and then have it all working leading into the beta. Last week was probably crunch for them trying to get these issues pinned down.

starsky

That's good news. Let's hope there will be continuous patch to fix the rest of the bugs.

I have Nano this month, so I'm hoping everything will be fixed in December.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
And the H4 list!? Shocker I know... I enjoy a little H4 though!

If matchmaking works the way it should, i would assume the other hoppers that were temporarily disabled are probably coming back tomorrow too

I wants to play some swats

Can't blame him for being steamed. We goofed, to put it politely. Many of the little issues are connected to a single, bigger big issue that didn't expose itself till we were in the wild and cascade from that.

Fingers crossed.

We'll keep you posted tomorrow.

Will we ever find out what this bigger problem was?

Kssio_Aug

8v8 btb?
Terminals?
Backing out breaking parties?
60fps that was advertised nonstop?
hard crashes?
checkpoints?

The game has many problems. But the most important of them right now is the matchmaking, that is the main focus of this patch. If this stuff doesnt get covered tomorrow they will certainly give attention to some of these in the next patch (I would not expect frame rate improvements though).

Rocketz

Hoping all is well or atleast better tomorrow. I really need some Halo multiplayer. The matches I've been able to get have been a joy.

Bsigg12

It really is.

I'm giving them until the Halo 5 beta because I'm at least able to play the campaigns and enjoy all that even with some of the issues there. If it's not in good shape and not at least 98% of what they promised, I'll be pissed. I'm currently just disappointed. This update seems like a step in the right direction.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Perfect timing. My copy finally got here today from Game UK. Took fückíng forever..

I'll pick it up first thing in the morning and let it install.

Playing Far Cry4 and GTAV on PS4 in the meantime.

Top Bottom