• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
If I can only get a refund of one Xbox One game, that means I can get a refund for the Digital Guardian Edition!? I'm done with Destiny.
I think I might do the same. I have zero interest in going back to that game.

VinFTW

I'm clearly outclassed by the pros, but I will say that I can at least perform respectably against them. Of course, my definition of respectable might not be the same as yours. As long as my k/d is at least 1, I'm usually pretty happy. :)

Oh, thanks to everyone else who mentioned my engagement. It's a very exciting time.

Congrats! Saw that on Twitter. I got engaged myself this Summer. Exciting times indeed.

Also, well said on your previous points on criticism, can't imagine it's easy to be 343i within the Halo community but you guys are definitely increasing positive mind share by the day.

Update GameDVR for MCC.

Any time during or after a game, you should be able to say "Xbox Record Game" to record the entire game. Halo 2 Classic needs this.

Ein Bear

I think I might do the same. I have zero interest in going back to that game.

Seriously. Biggest gaming disappointment of my life.

I give 343 a fair amount of stick for Halo 4, but fair play to them - they delivered a game that kicks the absolute shit out of Destiny.

IHaveIce

Banned
I honestly never found the halo 3 announcement trailer to be that great.

50centlol5aq1q.gif

Based Stinkles. At least they're acknowledging the issue and telling us they'll fix it. That's more than we've gotten with Destiny post-release.

wow didnt expect a FOV fix, thats great news!:)
also tomorrow there will be a livestream?! any infos on this?

about the map ranking, i feel kind of offended that Exile isnt on Nr 110
imo the worst of the worst maps, the sheer density of overpowered vehicles and heavy weapons is just no longer acceptable
Bloodgulch to be Nr 1, imo the most iconic Halo map ever
Lockout will probably come in second i guess

HTupolev

Great to know the FoV issue is being dealt with.

At this rate of fixing Halo PC's problems, by 2552 the Master Chief will be able to play a half-decent HD port of Combat Evolved.

How does 4 player look now I wonder?
My guess is about the same as single screen.

Nowise10

Bungie took the re-using assets for other modes thing way too far with Destiny too. It's pretty terrible. Destiny's PvP looks like it's ripped straight from campaign (and perhaps it was) just like Reach.

Vile practice.

Are you criticizing the artist for doing their job correctly, and making Multiplayer environments look similar to the planets they correspond too?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Are you criticizing the artist for doing their job correctly, and making Multiplayer environments look similar to the planets they correspond too?

What are you smoking?

I'm criticizing the decision to re-use assets. Planets are huge and not every area will look the same or contain the exact same items - even then, there's no reason to make a lazy decision like that. Bungie clearly cut corners to save time and money across the various modes in Destiny and if this was intentional design, it's very poorly thought out and badly implemented.

Look at Halo 3 for example. Plenty of campaign levels and multiplayer and very little overlap even when spaces share the same theme.

It's not the artist's fault if they design an asset and a lazy designer spams up the game with it.

Top Bottom