• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

In the most popular esports games, the settings are largely identical in both tournament and public play. This reduces community confusion (and tension) and creates a smoother pipeline for skilled players to go through.

My hope for Halo 5 is that 343 lays a groundwork for competitive gameplay that is used in default matchmaking instead of being segregated to its own playlist.

The communities may be too segregated at this point, but a sort of unification, at least in arena gametypes, is something I've wanted for a long time.
no-radar3.jpg

VinFTW

Title is funny but I still feel bad for laughing. Halo 4's campaign is quite good IMHO.

duck and cover

its one of my favorites. Halo 3 for its level design, Halo 4 for its story, tone, etc. I actually loved H4's campaign. My 1st or 2nd favorite. after that, they're all too close to decide.

I wonder when preloading will be available for MCC. Knowing my internet connection it will probably take two weeks to download.

edit: I finally made member status! Solid two and a bit years of junior.

I don't think an entire tournament/match should be done that way, but having a kind of audience voted round could be interesting. Especially if they're familiar with the teams and know how to assess strengths/weaknesses.

And I'd love for some 1 sided objective matches to be thrown in, but then it becomes an issue of balance (unless they did a position swap or something).

I'm in the same way of thinking. I don't think it's a whole tournament worth but I'd like to see one event within a tourney go for it. I enjoyed watching gamesagers BTB team take on MLG style pros in that BTB stream thing they did, it was unique and closer to the "default" settings I play Halo with (e.g. I'm not someone that enjoys no radar and always small maps with no vehicles).

I'd love to see some real classic default 4v4 flag stuff with light/medium vehicles. It's balanced enough when players/teams on both sides know what to do and have strategies from regularly playing together.

The viewer voting could combine web bulletin Waypoint/Halo channel and even in game pop up vote with 3 options for fast stuff. Instead of a pop up with just "close" when new content is added you have 2-3 options to vote from that info. Join it together from at events, from web and in game to deliver a quick one off event.

Fotos

Don't know whether to preload and play at 12:00 or go to midnight release and pick up a physical and probably play at like 1:00 due to the extremely long disc download time.

Don't know whether to preload and play at 12:00 or go to midnight release and pick up a physical and probably play at like 1:00 due to the extremely long disc download time.

For reasons I'll be in a position for both digital and physical, I'll preload and have a disc from midnight launch. Holding a release night LAN and likely a first weekend LAN too so having some extra copies is always handy.

VinFTW

could be worse, I can use my school card at a local mom and pop store, so no pre-order bonuses for me, all to basically get it for free instead of meals I wont eat!

edit: holy awful sentence structure batman

Where I live, the only pre-order bonus was skulls. So I chose EBGames where you get the unlimited ammo and grenade skull. Seems like the best one.

For your options, yes, I think that's the sensible decision.

could be worse, I can use my school card at a local mom and pop store, so no pre-order bonuses for me, all to basically get it for free instead of meals I wont eat!

edit: holy awful sentence structure batman

Food is never a bad thing though. I had a buddy that used his extras for the less savvy students that ran out.

But hell, not everyone is deserving of benevolence.

VinFTW

For your options, yes, I think that's the sensible decision.

Food is never a bad thing though. I had a buddy that used his extras for the less savvy students that ran out.

But hell, not everyone is deserving of benevolence.

Trust me, even buying games I won't run out of money on that card. They're meal plan structure is like all or nothing... Stupid stuff :/

Ghazi

I hope MS offers some pre-order bonuses for people who pre load it digitally, if they offer pre-load. I'd like to be able to switch between games instantly when I get invites and stuff, so it's digital for me.

I MS offers some pre-order bonuses for people who pre load it digitally, if they offer pre-load. I'd like to be able to switch between games instantly when I get invites and stuff, so it's digital for me.

Preload is a sure thing, they just don't have a set time it'll go up. As for a bonus, it's possible. I know FH2 and FIFA had some stuff (even though that's more DLC than bonus). Still, I'd wait for the deets.

BTW, is there - or will there be - a gamertag exchange for MCC? Or should I just stick to the XBO thread for that?

I think we all agreed to just do it here, or maybe the MCC OT. There was talk/requests for a Google Docs spreadsheet with gamertags and time zones, but I don't think anything set in stone.

VinFTW

Preload is a sure thing, they just don't have a set time it'll go up. As for a bonus, it's possible. I know FH2 and FIFA had some stuff (even though that's more DLC than bonus). Still, I'd wait for the deets.

I think we all agreed to just do it here, or maybe the MCC OT. There was talk/requests for a Google Docs spreadsheet with gamertags and time zones, but I don't think anything set in stone.

There HAS to be an OT for Custom games. Would be perfect!

Madness

There HAS to be an OT for Custom games. Would be perfect!

Or just schedule them in threads. Worked easily past few years.

The main issue is we're already spread pretty thin. HaloGAF OT, MCC OT, the eventual thread someone will make for H5 Beta. Just too much to keep track of.

Yeah, Halo OT is basically community thread for all things Halo, MCC will be specific and most likely gaming side for foreseeable future, be inundated with new members and talk. Beta thread will only really be temporary for 3ish weeks no?

Tawpgun

HaloGAF community thread will be fine for customs.

PM unknown/big show to run Halo CE

PM Dani to run BTB/Silly games

PM me to run BXR only on Lockout

Or just schedule them in threads. Worked easily past few years.

Yeah, Halo OT is basically community thread for all things Halo, MCC will be specific and most likely gaming side for foreseeable future, be inundated with new members and talk. Beta thread will only really be temporary for 3ish weeks no?

Beta thread will probably be made by some random Gaffer. They won't even be an active member in this thread, and they'll just want the satisfaction of having a popular thread. It'll last maybe 2 weeks, and be necrobumped after the beta ends for another 2 weeks.

I attempted a google docs spreadsheet/form...

http://goo.gl/forms/AhQx7cSXbn

and the spreadsheet the form links to.. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kCwCukGKuClZVV3Xd3s3kZjw6iMCswu0GYkatXw8JTo/edit?usp=sharing

Mix

Fucking lol at Ram saying I'm the Halo review guy lololol
I'm doing the MCC OT and it's going to be gud.

No pressure right?

... right?

EDIT: Okay, so I wont name names here, but two people are competing for too many posts already. There are two people who have 16 and 17 posts already and we're 3 pages in...

Looking back, it's probably me... Whoops. I'll cool it.

Anyone know when the new Waypoint goes live?

Madness

No pressure right?

... right?

EDIT: Okay, so I wont name names here, but two people are competing for too many posts already. There are two people who have 16 and 17 posts already and we're 3 pages in...

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Mix

Looking back, it's probably me... Whoops. I'll cool it.

Anyone know when the new Waypoint goes live?

tomorrow at 9AM I believe. 'Up, where we go:
Halo Bulletin 10.8.14 said:
The new freshness will arrive this coming Monday, 10/13, in the evening hours on the west coast. Because this is a massive update, the forums will become read-only for a period of time, as we’re importing all of your posts and private messages to the new site. The forums will become read-only this Saturday at 10AM PDT, and will return to full (and new and improved) functionality in the early morning hours (PDT) next Tuesday. Moving forward, all new (and imported) forum posts and private messages will feature a new simplified format.
So not until tomorrow night sometime and available Tuesday morning.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

:lol

You take that back right now. I feel like this would be the end of a generation, the Chief's story coming to a bitter end. I can imagine it making the news.

Considering 117 has had such a long campaign it seems it would be "silly" if he survived another trilogy. Either way I'm down.

Edit: he is more super human after the librarians "gift." So maybe it's not silly at all.

Looking forward to your OT btw

Fathead

I don't think I can wait for this. Another 4 weeks of destiny may kill me. I may have to do the unthinkable and play reach.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

Top Bottom