• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 20| It really does feel like Halo

Mix

Considering 117 has had such a long campaign it seems it would be "silly" if he survived another trilogy. Either way I'm down.

Edit: he is more super human after the librarians "gift." So maybe it's not silly at all.

Looking forward to your OT btw

Thanks! I'm excited for y'all to read it.

This gave me chills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPytR7pwBA&list=PLC7DFC1FA9633E0EC&index=10
oh and this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoHCpa4rG7I&index=16&list=PLC7DFC1FA9633E0EC

Audio for tomorrow with IGN

a3bca344f04214eeab011b4717464996.png

Sweet. Hope preorder info gets put up too.

Fotos

Considering 117 has had such a long campaign it seems it would be "silly" if he survived another trilogy. Either way I'm down.

Edit: he is more super human after the librarians "gift." So maybe it's not silly at all.

Looking forward to your OT btw

Never thought about that. Could be interesting.

$20 says that time travel will be instituted one way or another within the next few games.

Fotos

Okay, okay, I'll try to stop, but I'm listening to the Halo 2 OST for the first time in like 8 years and it's amazing. Here's another one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLApwePH1rU&index=23&list=PLC7DFC1FA9633E0EC
Working on the OT if you can't tell lol

That one gives me chills. Damn.

This probably won't get answered but if anyone is up to it I would appreciate it. Can someone try to Halo-ify my avatar? You can do it any way you want whether it be serious or silly. Thanks.

I did not know about this! You might need to update it.
I brought it back from the dead.

Yeah probably just going to do away with the LAN party portion since there doesn't seem to be remotely enough interest in that. I'll wait to do this until it becomes fully apparent that the LAN thing isn't happening after launch. I need to get a mod to change the title (unless I can change it myself?) and I'll convert (confirt? really life?) Post 2 into a section based on players' usual time zones that they play in, probably in 4-hour increments.

That will of course require everyone that has posted in it already to revisit it and state which time slot they play in the most.

Also does anyone know specifically where Chips Dubbo makes his appearance in Halo:CE? I seem to recall him in the level 'Halo' (Mission 2) but I'm not entirely certain since it's been sooooo long. (working on the achievement walkthrough atm)

Mix

Hey, I'm going to include a section in the OT where I'll put people's Gamertags for those who want to swap them and make GAF friends to play with. PM it to me with the subject line "Gamertag Swap" and I'll include it in the OP. Thanks guys!

Currently 1300 words in lol

I'm going to miss profiles in Halo 2. I liked having characters at different checkpoints that I could load up at will. Honestly I've missed that feature in every game since Halo 2.

Mix

If Chief & Locke had a baby and that baby became an ODST rookie for an all new halo odst game i will cry.

As ridiculous as this is, it's a shame we'll probably never get an ODST style game again :/

EDIT: Going to bed at roughly 2200 characters into the OT. Goodnight all.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
As ridiculous as this is, it's a shame we'll probably never get an ODST style game again :/

EDIT: Going to bed at roughly 2200 characters into the OT. Goodnight all.

Remastered ODST and Reach need to happen if 343 enjoys swimming in money.
later

Edit: there's going to be 3 OT's? What the fuck.

King Leo

Neo Member
If Chief & Locke had a baby and that baby became an ODST rookie for an all new halo odst game i will cry.

If another ODST game is out of the question, then at least let me enjoy this masterpiece in 1080p 60fps. Or maybe 343 will surprise us with an equally impressive spin-off.

GrizzNKev

Banned
When I was talking about the saxophone, I was referring to how well it captured the emotion of loss an evacuated citizen would feel at witnessing the glassing of New Mombasa.

Yes, the music from the second floor is still playing.

So just got back from shooting this Halo Promotion with MS and their PR Firm.

Got covered in make up, which was an interesting experience to say the least. Sadly, I was not allowed to wear my HaloGAF tshirt, due to whoever designed it (Letters?) being able to then sue MS for intellectual property rights.

They made me change out of my work shirt and jumper (as gamers are not allowed to look like they have a job) and made me wear a hoody instead, which I thought was kinda weird.

Video airs on October 27th on Youtube, Xbox.com, XO Dashboard, and IGN.

Was forced to sing a halo theme tune and do a grunt impression. Was also asked to say "EPIC!" a lot.

Was a fun think to take part in nonetheless - no swag sadly, but have got an invite to the November 10th Launch in London, maybe I'll get swag there!

Akai__

Back In The Day
Halo CE: Play a CTF custom game on Blood Gulch with 4 players on the same console. Tri-tip optional.

Can anybody explain what tri-tip means?
I looked up the word on Urban Dictionary and I'm scared now.

Probably 3 Flag Captures optional or something, right?

ocean

Banned
Haven't played Halo since the original over a decade ago. It was good fun playing a friend's houses but I didn't have an Xbox (though I borrowed one a few times).

This game seriously makes me wanna pick up an Xbox One once I can find one cheap enough though. I feel I've missed out. Plus, reading through this makes me feel the Halo community is batshit insane, so that can be fun too.

Akai__

Haven't played Halo since the original over a decade ago. It was good fun playing a friend's houses but I didn't have an Xbox (though I borrowed one a few times).

This game seriously makes me wanna pick up an Xbox One once I can find one cheap enough though. I feel I've missed out. Plus, reading through this makes me feel the Halo community is batshit insane, so that can be fun too.

You have no idea. lol

Thread got locked like 2 times, because we went too crazy. I don't think it will happen again, though. People will actually have something to play now. :p

So just got back from shooting this Halo Promotion with MS and their PR Firm.

Got covered in make up, which was an interesting experience to say the least. Sadly, I was not allowed to wear my HaloGAF tshirt, due to whoever designed it (Letters?) being able to then sue MS for intellectual property rights.

They made me change out of my work shirt and jumper (as gamers are not allowed to look like they have a job) and made me wear a hoody instead, which I thought was kinda weird.

Video airs on October 27th on Youtube, Xbox.com, XO Dashboard, and IGN.

Was forced to sing a halo theme tune and do a grunt impression. Was also asked to say "EPIC!" a lot.

Was a fun think to take part in nonetheless - no swag sadly, but have got an invite to the November 10th Launch in London, maybe I'll get swag there!

This post reads as they told me to take my clothes off, do grunt noises and finish with shouting 'epic'.

At least there wasn't any dodgy lighting or smooth jazz, right? right?

: D

This post reads as they told me to take my clothes off, do grunt noises and finish with shouting 'epic'.

At least there wasn't any dodgy lighting or smooth jazz, right? right?

: D

It was a Halo Fanfiction shoot written by a 13 year old boy.

I play Dustin Echoes, a photocopier repair man who meets a sexy blue lady who wants to break ALL the rules.

In theatres Fall 2014.

Hey, I'm going to include a section in the OT where I'll put people's Gamertags for those who want to swap them and make GAF friends to play with. PM it to me with the subject line "Gamertag Swap" and I'll include it in the OP. Thanks guys!

Currently 1300 words in lol

Online Customs and Matchmaking friends list. Add/follow them on your Xbox One to have GAFers to play with:

LifeExpectancy, sooo SOLID, Emperor Bohe, Parenegade M, BigSolar, Beamimpact, PoodleStrike, Welfare Queen I, djgwiz, birdy x loco, archpath1, Bryan4208, ilovegunz, Dusktildawn24, Forsaken Kidx, Inf777in777it77, LUCKY OVERLORD, Frankie (you are officially a headhunter target!), Sikamikanico, FUNKNOWN iXi, As7raios, mister teaspoon, XxDeputyMoonman

There's a start for your list mate. :)

Can anybody explain what tri-tip means?
I looked up the word on Urban Dictionary and I'm scared now.

Probably 3 Flag Captures optional or something, right?

I tri-tip is a kind of steak. It's a reference to the 'Steak Dinner', which became a Medal you could earn by winning by a large margin over the opponents, I think by more than 20 points, if you looked at your profile on Bungie.net for the later Halo games. I can't recall if it began with Halo 3 or Reach, but I want to say it was Halo 3. The medal wasn't awarded in-game, only on your profile on Bnet. The medal itself was actually an homage to the 'steak dinner' challenge within the Bungie offices, wherein employees would play against each other and if the losing team lost badly enough (or was it whoever lost period?.... irrelevant) had to buy the winners a 'steak dinner'. Although IIRC the 'steak dinner' usually ended up being pizza or something, lol, although a few actual steak dinners did take place if memory serves.

Yes, I've probably followed Halo/Bungie too closely over the years, although not nearly as closely as some have.

Akai__

I tri-tip is a kind of steak. It's a reference to the 'Steak Dinner', which became a Medal you could earn by winning by a large margin over the opponents, I think by more than 20 points, if you looked at your profile on Bungie.net for the later Halo games. I can't recall if it began with Halo 3 or Reach, but I want to say it was Halo 3. The medal wasn't awarded in-game, only on your profile on Bnet. The medal itself was actually an homage to the 'steak dinner' challenge within the Bungie offices, wherein employees would play against each other and if the losing team lost badly enough (or was it whoever lost period?.... irrelevant) had to buy the winners a 'steak dinner'. Although IIRC the 'steak dinner' usually ended up being pizza or something, lol, although a few actual steak dinners did take place if memory serves.

Oh I know about Lukes Steak Dinner. Didn't know it was a reference to it, though. Thanks for the very long explanation, though. :D

Sirloin Beef.

I ate that a lot, when my parents had a Restaurant.

TheOddOne

When I was talking about the saxophone, I was referring to how well it captured the emotion of loss an evacuated citizen would feel at witnessing the glassing of New Mombasa.

Yes, the music from the second floor is still playing.
Ohhhhhhh.

Anyway, I'm janking ya balls.

Fracas

#fuckonami
OK so I apparently got like 4 PMs overnight from people wanting to add stuff to the OP. Going to work, I'll check it out later

Missed the first few pages... why must I sleep? WHY?

Anyway, OP is merely bad, instead of eye-bleedingly awful. Good job, Fracas!

Halo.

Top Bottom