• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said they toned down steitzer from beta feedback. same with spartan chatter

That being said Reversal and PEEERRFFFEECT were the best steitzer additions to a halo game

The key thing for me about Reversal and Perfect is not the audio. It's the fact they exist. Reversal in particular is Halo MP nailed. For all the medal bloat, it's so good.

'We recognise you just owned that guy who jumped you. Have a medal'

Yup! "Reversal" was hands down my favorite medal from the beta.

I also have a soft spot for Snipeltaneous.

RowdyReverb

I thought perfect was pretty satisfying, even if I heard it several times in a match
(which, let's face it, rarely happened for me)
. It also teaches new players that 4-shot kills are something to strive for.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
BR starts is better.

Halo 2 for multi, Halo CE for campaign.

And I don't toggle crouch.
Welcome aboard!

So stoked about this. I only recently watched the first episodes and they were really good.

The key thing for me about Reversal and Perfect is not the audio. It's the fact they exist. Reversal in particular is Halo MP nailed. For all the medal bloat, it's so good.

'We recognise you just owned that guy who jumped you. Have a medal'
Yeah, totally, those things should be rewarded. I dunno, maybe I'll get used to the announcements eventually. I still hope Steitzer sounds more like his Reach self than his Halo 4 self.

Boomco is Mattel, a tiny mom and pop operation out of El Segundo. And their tech (sticky darts, multi-mechanical loading, accuracy and range) is second to none. Whereas you're named after an effete Spanish peacock.

futurama-fry-I-see-what-you-did-there-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-200.gif

Thank goodness for the weapon outlines and reducing the obstructiveness of the DMR scope.
Disappointed in the lack of new weapons news. Well, that is next weeks stuff then I guess.

I think it's sad that their overall visual clarity is so horrible that they have to resort to weapon outlines, but I'm still glad they did it. They were just about invisible in the beta.

-Ryn

Banned
I use thruster pack. It means I can play a somewhat shitty version of H5 before the game actually comes out.
I remember all my buddies thinking I was crazy for using the TP because it was "useless". WHAT HAVE THEY TO SAY NOW?

Reach will probably be remade and packaged with a Kat themed Oculus with a broken faceplate texture and an Xbone controller with soft pads on the handles.

Halo: Reach
Butts Edition
"You know the end. Now immerse your face in it."

The first page of that thread is so salty I had to have a glass of water.
Well that brings back mammories...

I remember all my buddies thinking I was crazy for using the TP because it was "useless". WHAT HAVE THEY TO SAY NOW?

Reach will probably be remade and packaged with a Kat themed Oculus with a broken faceplate texture and an Xbone controller with soft pads on the handles.

Butts Edition

Mmmm. Mammories....

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Butts Edition
Damn dude. You're really Reaching with that joke.

Bread

Banned
Is ODST's coop completely broken or is it just me and my friends here...the cutscenes are all 5 FPS and the gameplay is probably 10. What the fuck 343.

I use thruster pack. It means I can play a somewhat shitty version of H5 before the game actually comes out.

I find the Thruster Pack to be the most fun ability. The Autosentry is pretty useless, I also find the Jet Pack to be fairly bad, the Reach version was better imo. The Regeneration Field can be useful for King of the Hill. Hardlight Shield is meh for the most part. The Hologram is good for laughs.

Promethean Vision and Active Camo just need to go though.

Nowise10

Is ODST's coop completely broken or is it just me and my friends here...the cutscenes are all 5 FPS and the gameplay is probably 10. What the fuck 343.

Try changing host. If that doesn't work it likely is because one of you have a really bad connection.

AlStrong

Butts Edition

lol

I did ODST in 3-player, full Legendary run, the other day. Worked great. Host has a good upload, as is pretty much mandatory for Halo co-op.

H5 co-op code better be better. I hope that the drop-in/out stuff means it's been reworked and focused upon.

Mix

I did ODST in 3-player, full Legendary run, the other day. Worked great. Host has a good upload, as is pretty much mandatory for Halo co-op.

H5 co-op code better be better. I hope that the drop-in/out stuff means it's been reworked and focused upon.

100% dedicated servers

Question for Frankie: does Marty own the rights to the Flood leitmotifs, in any part? I don't know if it's a deliberate design decision, but it's struck me as odd that the sound teams haven't tried faithfully recreating that ascending, repeating "vwing, ving, vuing, vwee" string thing that the Flood had going on in the original trilogy. In CEA and H2A, both of the times it showed up (Menace No More and I believe Between Beams in CEA) it was just a singular note on repeat, possibly with a legato. Technically speaking it'd be pretty straightforward to synthesize something without an entire string ensemble, or (rights notwithstanding) you could even just re-sample / tweak the one from Halo 3. I just thought it was weird that H2A's soundtrack went out of its way to keep in the old "undulating" female vocals (albeit at, like, 10 or 20% their usual volume) in Menace No More, even though that's basically just a free soundfont that's been available on HammerSound since like 1995.

ElRenoRaven

Good god. Finally getting back to ODSt since my thumbs are healing up and yea how the hell did the broken lighting on Uplift Reserve get through QA? Jesus christ that is awful looking. 343 should be ashamed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's the Plasma Launcher

5pXc5rK.jpg

that's the upper 'tank' and whatever that hump thing technically is behind the scope
I didn't play the Halo 5 beta, but how did the Hydra compare to Reach's plasma launcher? It seemed to be meant to attack infantry, and the projectiles moved faster? Did it require a charge?

I didn't play the Halo 5 beta, but how did the Hydra compare to Reach's plasma launcher? It seemed to be meant to attack infantry, and the projectiles moved faster? Did it require a charge?

It requires lock on similiar to the Plasma Launcher, if you can get a lock and your target didn't get out of sight or block it's trajectory fast enough it is a guaranteed kill, but the lock on requires zooming in so you risk being de-scoped, hard to use head on but very deadly as a sniping weapon especially with the ICBM technique (lock then fire upwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom