• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

daedalius

I never in a million years thought you can make a Halo that was LESS Halo then Reach. Like, that should not have been humanly possible.

This is some crazy shit. This will go down in the history books as an incredible event of our time.

Or it will go down as just another page filled with ridiculous hyperbole, like so many other pages of Halogaf.

Also, the only thing I read in Over's post was that he only finds Halo fun when he is pooping on bad kids. Bye Over, I'll miss your (mostly) decent critiques.

I get bored with predictability. The most skilled players dominate every game and it's not fun.

Well, you're in luck, my boy! Thanks to the popularity of CoD(and now Call of Halo), shooters will continue to be more random, continue to pat worse players on the head, will continue to cater to the lowest common denominator, continue to make bad kids like yourself feel better.

The future looks bright for the kind of video game you want.

Well, you're in luck, my boy! Thanks to the popularity of CoD(and now Call of Halo), shooters will continue to be more random, continue to pat worse players on the head, will continue to cater to the lowest common denominator.

The future looks bright for the kind of video game you want.

I realize skilled players should be rewarded, but you shouldn't have to watch weapon spawn timers in order to win. Watching the clock like that simply isn't fun.

To me, being skilled in your ability to adapt to the situation is more important than knowing exactly when the rocket launcher is going to spawn and making sure you are there to pick them up.

It's part of what Halo 1 was all about - making choices given the situation. You can only carry two guns - which do you choose? In H4, you are given ordinance choices, perk choices, etc. It's just an evolution of the formula.

continue to make bad kids like yourself feel better.
oh also I never said I was bad at Halo 4 :) GT: The Lamonster if curious.

I get bored with predictability. The most skilled players dominate every game and it's not fun.

IMO Halo 4 is a return to form but with a new shiny gloss. As I've said before, I haven't been this excited about Halo multiplayer since Halo 2.

I am now happily 343's bitch.
lmao return to form?it doesnt feel like halo at all.perks,killstreaks,kill cams,no weapon spawns,score system by points now instead of kills,theres hundreds more but you get the point. halo 4 is an abomination that should not be on the same sentence as that other game you mentioned.

This thread is getting tiresome. I mean yeah the game has its problems, but this is just devolving into "Halo is dead" "RIP Halo".

Honestly if you dont like the game do what some other members are doing and trade it in and move onto something else. Its a shitty thing to happen but staying in here complaining about the same shit over and over is becoming redundant.

Im sure 343 hear the communities problems and are going to try to address them, but the games only out 2 weeks. Have some patience.

And maybe less of the dramatics would be nice.

orznge

Banned
I realize skilled players should be rewarded, but you shouldn't have to watch weapon spawn timers in order to win. Watching the clock like that simply isn't fun.

To me, being skilled in your ability to adapt to the situation is more important than knowing exactly when the rocket launcher is going to spawn and making sure you are there to pick them up.

It's part of what Halo 1 was all about - making choices given the situation. You can only carry two guns - which do you choose? In H4, you are given ordinance choices, perk choices, etc. It's just an evolution of the formula.

oh also I never said I was bad at Halo 4 :) GT: The Lamonster if curious.

lol

rakka

skilled players dominating isn't fun??

its actually a lot more satisfying to suck shit at first, then have to put in loads of effort to improve, then finally after all that see the fruit of your labor. you feel like you accomplished something.

now it's mostly random shit. even if I did extremely well in a game it's like, what's the fucking big deal, I was just lucky that game.

orznge

Banned
Listen, I understand that good players should be rewarded, but simple in-your-head addition and map control are two concepts that are just way, way beyond the level that The Average Gamer can comprehend.

daedalius

This thread is getting tiresome. I mean yeah the game has its problems, but this is just devolving into "Halo is dead" "RIP Halo".

Honestly if you dont like the game do what some other members are doing and trade it in and move onto something else. Its a shitty thing to happen but staying in here complaining about the same shit over and over is becoming redundant.

Im sure 343 hear the communities problems and are going to try to address them, but the games only out 2 weeks. Have some patience.

You must be new here.

this-is-halogaf.gif

orznge

Banned
I was mostly referencing the folks who watch weapon/vehicle spawn timers. It's why I'm such a big fan of randomized ordinance.

If you have to use an external timer to time weapons/vehicles instead of looking at the match timer and doing simple math in your head then you probably don't have the capacity to play a game competently

lol lamonster spinning the perks calling it evolution.they copied cod,even some of the same perks are in like faster reload or steady aim.

meh, it's just customization.

I enjoy customization - I play a lot of RPGs. It's just like all the armor options, it's fun to have your guy a little different than your buddy's guy. It's also fun to earn stuff (and fill bars ;)).

And as far as 'copying' CoD, why not? If it ain't broke don't fix it. You could argue that Halo 1 copied Counterstrike or whatever. Games in the same genre are going to have some similar mechanics.

Seems to me most of you guys simply can't handle change.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah it really says something when the OT produces better discussion with less trolling and nonsense/useless posts than the Community thread.

The past 3 or so pages have been a cesspool. It's got to and succeeded Reach AR/BR/DMR bitching about a month in, surprisingly.

BAM, statue of cortana
790EB0C5-737E-4E16-80A6-E66C8C5046D2-15599-00000EA1A9E51351.jpg

I'm sure this has been answered by now but I couldn't find the answer on previous pages, but where can I buy this??

TheOddOne

lol lamonster spinning the perks calling it evolution.they copied cod,even some of the same perks are in like faster reload or steady aim.
Way to many people ganging up on The Lamonster. Jeez, you repeat the shame stuff every page, we get it you don't have to keep reminding us over and over and over and over and over again.

I'm sure this has been answered by now but I couldn't find the answer on previous pages, but where can I buy this??
It is a render, you can't buy it :(

Lamonster looks to be just like Daedalius- all they do is complain about complainers. When presented with a long list of reasons why things in H4 are bad, they respond with "You can't handle change" "customization iz gud" "Just move on if you don't like it"

I'm going to take a page from your own book here. Give me detailed reasons why the multitude of problems that have been listed with 4 are actually good things.

rakka

really man? This is at the same time some of you are asking why Halo 4's Forge can't be more like the Far Cry 3 map editor...

I think y'all just want to complain.
most complaints about forge are that its maybe even a step backwards from reach forge.

and you mentioned "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" in halo 4's defense. think about that again. it makes no sense whatsoever. not to mention you go on to say "y'all don't like change". make up your mind.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Anyone?! It's no fun without a team :[
I would, but my wireless 1.5 mb connection at home is pretty much unplayable lol
Lamonster looks to be just like Daedalius- all they do is complain about complainers. When presented with a long list of reasons why things in H4 are bad, they respond with "You can't handle change" "customization iz gud" "Just move on if you don't like it"

I'm going to take a page from your own book here. Give me detailed reasons why the multitude of problems that have been listed with 4 are actually good things.

Eh, the problems I have with Halo 4 aren't objectively bad. The majority of people really, really like Halo 4, and that's okay.

It's mainly the purists that don't care for this game much. In my eyes, this isn't really Halo (although Team Slayer Pro is close), but it's still fun at times. I'm trying to accept it for what it is.

Way to many people ganging up on The Lamonster.

Although I must commend HaloGaf for not resorting to name calling and other personal attacks unlike some other sub-communities here. I like spirited discussions even if everyone disagrees :)

Things that are problems:

-no red X upon teammate deaths
-no movement while checking score in-game
-several bugs/glitches

Things that are improvements:

-mutiplayer maps
-loadouts
-customization/variety

I'm sorry if I can't flesh that out more, but in what universe is predictability a better thing than variety?

and you mentioned "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" in halo 4's defense. think about that again. it makes no sense whatsoever. not to mention you go on to say "y'all don't like change". make up your mind.
You are correct - these statements conflict with each other because we don't agree on what's actually broken.

---

I will say the custom options are quite underwhelming in this game. We can argue about what should or shouldn't be in matchmaking but custom gamers should have all the options they need. The technology is possible to allow the custom community to play exactly how they want to play, but for some reason 343 didn't implement it.

IHaveIce

Banned

Thing is I love the Halo franchise and for what it stood and I know this game could be really good with tweaks, but saying " hey the game isn't sooo good, but hey I trust 343 without doing complaints and maybe ranting" doesn't do a thing, posts like the ones from Over should be a Review which should get to every 343 member.

We were told to trust 343 and that we would get finally Halo back, but instead we got a Halo that is buried and hidden behind some crap that will likely not be removed.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Whatever happened to the H4 league... Would be interesting to talk about that.

I was hoping to participate but I don't have a teammate..

If you disagree with me that every gametype should be fiesta then you are an insane hypocrite.

I hate fiesta. It's part of why I like loadouts, because you go into a game with the weapons you prefer. I am simply arguing that random ordinance is more fun than predictable weapon spawns.

Hahahahahahaha

I would need to test it under normal conditions.

But I'm pretty sure the boltshot is stronger than the scattershot lmao.

Scattershot just shoots faster.

Would be interesting to see the kill range of the boltshot vs shotgun.

Good lord this gun is a joke gone bad. Move it to ordnance please.
Even without testing it, I'd be willing to bet that the 1sk range of the boltshot is greater than the scattershot. Probably wouldn't say the same about the shotgun though, which is fantastic in this game.
Did 343i lower the chance of Ragnarok showing up in BTB? Seems like I haven't been seeing it as much in the last couple days.

I think so, or I just got really lucky last night. First time since the game dropped playing BTB last night was enjoyable because we didn't play Ragnorak at all.

Thing is I love the Halo franchise and for what it stood and I know this game could be really good with tweaks, but saying " hey the game isn't sooo good, but hey I trust 343 without doing complaints and maybe ranting" doesn't do a thing, posts like the ones from Over should be a Review which should get to every 343 member.

We were told to trust 343 and that we would get finally Halo back, but instead we got a Halo that is buried and hidden behind some crap that will likely not be removed.

The posts are getting made. And i agree with alot of them.

Im talking about the posts lik "Halo is dead" etc. They do nothing. The internet is ablaze with people complaining, obviously can see what we think needs to be fixed.

But the way people are complaining is ridiculous. Look at the likes of Ghaleon and other people who are complaining but doing it in a constructive way. Thats how you get things done.

Straight up saying "This is bad" doesnt help. Explain whats wrong and maybe suggest some solutions. Keeping it civil and respectful is the way to get it done.

orznge

Banned
The posts are getting made. And i agree with alot of them.

Im talking about the posts lik "Halo is dead" etc. They do nothing. The internet is ablaze with people complaining, obviously can see what we think needs to be fixed.

But the way people are complaining is ridiculous. Look at the likes of Ghaleon and other people who are complaining but doing it in a constructive way. Thats how you get things done.

Straight up saying "This is bad" doesnt help. Explain whats wrong and maybe suggest some solutions. Keeping it civil and respectful is the way to get it done.

Yeah, complaining in a constructive way gets things done; look no further than Halo 4 for proof of that.

Top Bottom