• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I really don't care about achievements but Camo and PV ones? Damn son, that playlist is going to be a mess lol

I wonder how successful a "Season Pass" playlist would work that has a mix of gametypes required for achievements and utilizes all DLC.

And no, hate to break it to Microsoft, but it wouldn't be exclusive to Season Pass owners.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
It's like they're trolling HaloGaf with those achievements. "Hate active camo? Here's an achievement for using it! Muahahahaha."

I defend a lot of things, but I hate DLC/map/playlist/action specific achievements.

J10

Banned
Yeah I won't be buying these when they release. Maybe when the season pass drops in price or something.

tumblr_m6xmzimlrg1qbwync.gif

Korosenai

I will never get the flash of light achievement. I never use pulse grenades, and whenever I do, I have never been able to kill anyone with it.

If anyone wants to know why the tone of discussion has gone the way it has here over the years then they only need read that latest achievement list. Fans who love the franchise enough to post detailed feedback for the developers have lamented these sort of nonsensical, gameplay damaging achievements for years. Then they spit these in your face.

In Majestic DLC matchmaking, kill 5 enemies while Active Camo is active.

343 are a disgrace.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If Ellis and/or Frank are watching, will there ever be a way to get playlist-specific achievements in the future when the playlists go away?

Nebula

I will never get the flash of light achievement. I never use pulse grenades, and whenever I do, I have never been able to kill anyone with it.

I use them all the time and I have only ever got 1 double kill with a single Pulse Grenade. Both guys were no shields and in a corner.

Good luck to those who like 100% games.

Tawpgun

It's by far the worst one.

Pulse grenades are actually really useful since they can damage someone quickly and they detonate instantly.

But they're only good for stripping/weakening sheilds. You gotta be super weak or a dumbass to get killed by one.

Ok so since we have some interest, boosting lobby next Wednesday at 7PM EST?

I'll post again to remind everyone on Tuesday if this works for most people.

This is why achievements blow, they're basically shit that people see as a thing they need to get out of the way.

^^^^

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This is why achievements blow, they're basically shit that people see as a thing they need to get out of the way.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Should had had them be simple. Such as win a game on (insert map name here).
That's not my point, regardless of what an achievement is it's as though people are just in a rush to unlock them so there mind can be at rest.

Achievements aren't even about nerd bragging anymore, it's about eliminating the anxiety of not having unlocked an achievement.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They're a joke. It's the most useless grenade in the series. I much rather have Spike Grenades or Firebombs than those useless Pulse Grenades.
Maybe if you never play anything other than slayer, then yeah they're pretty useless.

Other than that, they're an instant "reconsider your movement" notion to other players, and definitely not as useless and unnecessary to the sandbox like spike grenades were. Work flawlessly in blocking off choke points, turning defense into offense, etc.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Maybe if you never play anything other than slayer, then yeah they're pretty useless.

Other than that, they're an instant "reconsider your movement" notion to other players, and definitely not as useless and unnecessary to the sandbox like spike grenades were.

If they were buffed they might function that way.

That's not my point, regardless of what an achievement is it's as though people are just in a rush to unlock them so there mind can be at rest.

Achievements aren't even about nerd bragging anymore, it's about eliminating the anxiety of not having unlocked an achievement.

I still say some of the earlier games on 360 had the best achievement lists (and a couple of the worst too). Especially the arcade games. There would usually be one or two that were either gimme or fairly easy, and at least 1 that challenged the player to get better or even master a game. Geometry Wars did it right IMO (no surprise to anyone that knows me). Pretty much anyone can get the score 100k and pacifism achievements. The rest required you to get better at the game and improve your skills all the way to the survive 1 million achievement that a small percentage of owners have ever gotten to this day. You reward players for playing, learning, and improving their skills at your game, but you don't alienate those that don't have the time or ability to do so either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If they were buffed they might function that way.
Nah, buff them and they become too damn good for objective games. As is, they give your opponent an option to run through and secure the kill if they have enough of an advantage already in damage (say, in the case you threw a hail mary), but they still suffer the risk of dying from the damage they take going through them.

Otherwise, it's an instant back-the-fuck-up. People still don't know how to deal with them, and I've gotten enough kills with the help of them. I think the other thing is people don't know how to use them, and just throw them out like they're frags or stickies, in the hopes that someone will just stand still and eat the damage.

FyreWulff

Oh god I thought the zoom mode one was a joke

nope it's real

Everyone should just never zoom while on a Majestic map

"In Majestic DLC matchmaking, get a Double Kill or higher with one Pulse Grenade."

Okay, how did this one pass MS TCU regs? It's an unobtainable achievement

How do you have access to all players' stats and make a double kill with a pulse grenade achievement?
I'm level 129 and I think I've gotten one kill with a pulse grenade in total.

Top Bottom