• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueblur1

I'm up to level 6 on Halo CE Anniversary on Heroic. Holy shit this game is amazing, i can see why the series is popular. Can't wait till i get up to the newer ones.
It's still awesome even though it is 10 years old. I recommend you keep playing through the series.

Talents

Banned
Specializations:

• [*]RPG Approach to Mp experience
  • Customize to fit styles
    [*]get max level cap- reenlist into specializations (sniper, gunner etc)
    [*]10 lvl progressions
  • unlock exclusive armor mods, emblems, early access via special edition
    [*]Classic modes altered
  • Regicide has king
  • Mode specific assassinations.

Hahahahhaaa good troll...
...please be trolling?

Have you even visited a German supermarket? Candies and cookies galore. I was overwhelmed.

As a Dutch person, you can't give complements to Germans! You dishonoured yourself and your family, junior!

I can't remember any particullar German candy, even though I live 500m from the border :lol

TheOddOne

As a Dutch person, you can't give complements to Germans! You dishonoured yourself and your family, junior!
I can't remember any particullar German candy, even though I live 500m from the border :lol
You gotta see their liquor collection, like top premium stuff for dirt cheap. They won, bro.

Blueblur1

--Please 343, put out a vidoc like this, or perhaps this, describing the changes to MP and your thoughts behind them. Bungie was so great at putting out videos that actually explained their game (such as this), but there's a HUGE hole in the way information is communicated from 343. Fan reaction videos, sizzle reels, typically poor gaming journalism muddling messaging, and now liveblog updates from convention panels is sending tons of incomplete, out of context or poor communicated information to most of the fan base. Please, put something together about your MP along the lines of the vidocs above, they're not only sorely missed, but given the scope of the changes to MP, I think they're a critical tool for actually explaining this stuff in ways 343 has not done a great job of so far.

Quoted for truth (and to make sure the 343 folks see this post)!

Omni

I'll never understand this sentiment. I thought reach and ODST were the best in the series story/setting wise.

I can overlook ODST as that was pretty great, but Reach was terrible. I really can't be bothered going into it, but the story was really, really disappointing.

Seance

Banned
I can overlook ODST as that was pretty great, but Reach was terrible. I really can't be bothered going into it, but the story was really, really disappointing.

I forgot the story even as it was happening. I didn't know the names of the spartans that were dying and I had lost track of the ones that were already gone.
Before i knew it my solo legendary run was over (did it in one sitting) and I just went straight into matchmaking. Haven't played the campaign since release day. Haven't wanted to.
lol, i think

Akai__

I'll never understand this sentiment. I thought reach and ODST were the best in the series story/setting wise.

For ODST you are right, but Reach? The story was not as good as Halo 3's. And Halo 3 was my personal favourite. Sure, Reach had some epic moments (like the UNSC ship getting destroyed by a Covenant Cruiser or several deaths from characters), but thats all. Bungie proved, that they can create a "dark" campaign and it wasn't that bad.

A question, that has bothered me a while now.
Is Reach's campaign canon? I'm still reading through books and I never payed attention to this. I would say, that it isn't, because of the way Cortana was introduced.

---

Now something Halo 4 related...
Does anybody know, if it is possible to do yoinks and showstoppers in Halo 4?
I didn' saw it once and I would appreciate it, if atleast yoink is gone forever.

Overdoziz

Banned
You're disabling radio beacons during 3/4rd of Reach's campaign. The only 'real' story begins towards the end when you discover Halsey's lab.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
For ODST you are right, but Reach? The story was not as good as Halo 3's. And Halo 3 was my personal favourite. Sure, Reach had some epic moments (like the UNSC ship getting destroyed by a Covenant Cruiser or several deaths from characters), but thats all. Bungie proved, that they can create a "dark" campaign and it wasn't that bad.

Is Reach's campaign canon? I'm still reading through books and I never payed attention to this. I would say, that it isn't, because of the way Cortana was introduced.

---

Now something Halo 4 related...
Does anybody know, if it is possible to do yoinks and showstoppers in Halo 4?
I didn' saw it once and I would appreciate it, if atleast yoink is gone forever.

Perhaps I'm just a sucker for "sad" and "end of the world" type of stories, but I really liked the tone of ODST/Reach over all of the other games. I loved knowing that in the end, Reach was doomed. Reach was the first of the Halo games I sat down and played on legendary the first playthrough and didn't stop till I was finished (10 hours straight) I loved everything about it.

You're disabling radio beacons during 3/4rd of Reach's campaign. The only 'real' story begins towards the end when you discover Halsey's lab.

The story IS Reach, and what's going on in/on Reach. The rest is a tie in to the rest of the games with Cortana/Chief IMO.

Omni

Is Reach's campaign canon? I'm still reading through books and I never payed attention to this. I would say, that it isn't, because of the way Cortana was introduced..

Yes. 343i tried to patch everything to fit together into canon months ago... It works, but I still don't like it.

Akai__

Perhaps I'm just a sucker for "sad" and "end of the world" type of stories, but I really liked the tone of ODST/Reach over all of the other games. I loved knowing that in the end, Reach was doomed. Reach was the first of the Halo games I sat down and played on legendary the first playthrough and didn't stop till I was finished (10 hours straight) I loved everything about it.

I liked it, too, but I was somehow dissapointed, too. My 1st playthrough was like this: "Oh my god it can't get worser, right?" There were so many bad things happening. Every time you thought, you have accomplished something, the game was like fuck you. lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I liked it, too, but I was somehow dissapointed, too. My 1st playthrough was like this: "Oh my god it can't get worser, right?" There were so many bad things happening. Every time you thought, you have accomplished something, the game was like fuck you. lol

See, that's exactly what I liked about it. It was a hopeless fight until the end.

odst had a fun campaign (not the best story but fun)
2 had to be the most irritating on legendary but i liked the story
ce best story and gameplay
3 had awesome gameplay but story felt half-assed. you didnt even get to fight the gravemind and had to settle for guilty spark
reach: had nice graphics, but story was lacking. gameplay was good until you got framerate issues (which was often). didnt enjoy it too much. only beat it once. nothing memorable

Akai__

See, that's exactly what I liked about it. It was a hopeless fight until the end.

"From the beginning, you know the end". That's the way Bungie was marketing the game. But, I was expecting bigger things, like epic battles for example. There was so much potencial, but they didn't used it. I guess, the book ruined this for me.

Edit:
Reach's campaign is canon. 343i tried to fix the problems with the Data Drops.

I never read through those. I actually didn't found one of them, besides the Lab from Dr. Halsey. But yeah, thanks for clarification.

on one of those videos released yesterday from comic con, under spartan ID you have "portrait"

Qi9Ru.png

anyone know anything about that?

"From the beginning, you know the end". That's the way Bungie was marketing the game. But, I was expecting bigger things, like epic battles for example. There was so much potencial, but they didn't used it. I guess, the book ruined this for me.

Edit:

I never read through those. I actually didn't found one of them, besides the Lab from Dr. Halsey. But yeah, thanks for clarification.

You are thinking of Data Pads. The Data Drops were things posted on Waypoint.

--Please 343, put out a vidoc like this, or perhaps this, describing the changes to MP and your thoughts behind them. Bungie was so great at putting out videos that actually explained their game (such as this), but there's a HUGE hole in the way information is communicated from 343. Fan reaction videos, sizzle reels, typically poor gaming journalism muddling messaging, and now liveblog updates from convention panels is sending tons of incomplete, out of context or poor communicated information to most of the fan base. Please, put something together about your MP along the lines of the vidocs above, they're not only sorely missed, but given the scope of the changes to MP, I think they're a critical tool for actually explaining this stuff in ways 343 has not done a great job of so far.
To add to this:

This impression may be just me – hopefully it's not – but the BTS videos 343 has been releasing seem like summations of people saying how awesome everything will be. And that's not helpful for informing consumers about the game, or the developers' line of thinking.

To add to this:

This impression may be just me – hopefully it's not – but the BTS videos 343 has been releasing seem like summations of people saying how awesome everything will be. And that's not helpful for informing consumers about the game, or the developers' line of thinking.
About Halo 4? They only have released two BTSs. The series is called Making Halo 4 and we got the reveal and the music.

Fuchsdh

To add to this:

And more to the point for me, I think some of 343i's choices from a fiction perspective are stupid. I'm certainly willing to be convinced otherwise, but they really haven't even put any effort into trying to address that either.

Case in point: They've muddled their already-nonsensical Mk IV designs with Forward Unto Dawn... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom