• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofa King

forgot the best one

iTnZt39DfaaNJ.JPG

Isn't this the Walmart pre-order skin? America, FUCK YEAH!

Like CoD and Halo both will be similar to their previous iteration but at least CoD is trying to DO things. Ex: Dedis, 60fps, Livestream. They are technically moving their game forward.

Halo is just the same game. With a new mildy prettier skin.
This is completely disingenuous, juices, not to mention CoD has the advantage of having rolled out more or less the same engine and mechanics for years now under the service of two huge teams, so I would hope they were picking up new features and benefits as they went. 343i just had to rebuild Halo while building an entirely new company from scratch, and yet the results and the feature-list match everything we've come to expect from the series, plus new stuff.

Yes, there are one hundred and one things that could better, one hundred and one things to genuinely complain about (and I'll be right there with you), and one hundred and one things that will fall short of your wildest expectations, but don't diminish what they're about to deliver here with an unfair comparison.

B wzy

Neo Member
I'm cool with weapon skins in Halo as long as they don't get ridiculous. Canonical camo patterns? Sure, no big deal. It doesn't detract and makes some sense. Armor effects that emit floating hearts, stink gas, and confetti? Please, for the love of all the serious Halo gamers, send that shit away forever. 343 seems to be re-vamping some of the more adult themes, and I hope they don't waiver. Or allow players to toggle it off.

Talents

Banned
"the sensation of his blood-engorged mayonnaise cannon smashing my cervix made me quiver like Micheal J. Fox licking a car battery."

Dying.

Some of the ones I've got are terrifying. I think if I posted the one I just read I'd be banned from the internet.

This is completely disingenuous, juices, not to mention CoD has the advantage of having rolled out more or less the same engine and mechanics for years now under the service of two huge teams, so I would hope they were picking up new features and benefits as they went. 343i just had to rebuild Halo while building an entirely new company from scratch, and yet the results and the feature-list match everything we've come to expect from the series, plus new stuff.

Yes, there are one hundred and one things that could better, one hundred and one things to genuinely complain about (and I'll be right there with you), and one hundred and one things that will fall short of your wildest expectations, but don't diminish what they're about to deliver here with an unfair comparison.

1. CA handled Forge with hardly any updates. Thats right they handed it off to a different company. 343 is essentially half Bungie and half a mixture of people from other games. Just because MS switched companies that make Halo I cant find that as an excuse for anything...
2. CoD's engines also change each one looks better and better. They just change at a rate that lets them keep their technically fancy features. Halo's changes at a rate where sometimes things take hits. Thats not really a good thing to do.
3. They removed FF and made Spartan Ops. They have the same set of features then they have a Campaign, Theater, Forge, SpOps replacing FF, and MP. Thats the same not MORE NEW stuff.

None of this is disingenuous its all facts it doesnt lack any sincerity its all truth. Halo 4 has only shown that it 1. Looks prettier, 2. Has an altered weapon set. Two things every single Halo iteration has already done.

I see no forward progress. I see artists having their way with a bunch of Halo assets, forgetting what the game is really about.

Overdoziz

Banned
1. CA handled Forge with hardly any updates. Thats right they handed it off to a different company. 343 is essentially half Bungie and half a mixture of people from other games. Just because MS switched companies that make Halo I cant find that as an excuse for anything...
The Forge reveal still stings.
Such a disappointment.

Click this thread.

Definitely some quote-worthy .gifs and pictures. I had a bad day and the smiles this gave me made me feel a bit better.
Guy at :52 looks like u4ix.

Fotos

2. CoD's engines also change each one looks better and better. They just change at a rate that lets them keep their technically fancy features. Halo's changes at a rate where sometimes things take hits. Thats not really a good thing to do.
3. They removed FF and made Spartan Ops. They have the same set of features then they have a Campaign, Theater, Forge, SpOps replacing FF, and MP. Thats the same not MORE NEW stuff.

None of this is disingenuous its all facts it doesnt lack any sincerity its all truth. Halo 4 has only shown that it 1. Looks prettier, 2. Has an altered weapon set. Two things every single Halo iteration has already done.

I see no forward progress. I see artists having their way with a bunch of Halo assets, forgetting what the game is really about.
I can't disagree with you more

I'm sure 343Industries have a few tricks up their sleeves for HALO 4 that we'll have to wait till the game releases to find out.

There is a mp mode that was hinted ages ago and in the last bulletin it seems that is something new and exciting that they want to reveal to us.

But please no more reveals till game releases I and many others want to wait in the midnight launch with enticipitation of getting the game and finding new things that will make us go coocoo!!!!!

I'm still hoping I can pull off the rare frag grenade stick in Halo 4.
Rare? That happens regularly. The Frag Grenades have magnetism in this game, I have no doubt about that.
FOV-Gate failed pretty spectacularly. I think we need to go back to grenades getting stuck in the textures tbh.
I found that to be a reasonable worry, and one that I shared. Stuff like FOV has a significant impact on some players enjoyment of a game. Some others don't even notice it/are adaption kings. I'm glad David cleared it up.

Fotos

I want them to reveal more things but at the same time I don't want them to because I want to be surprised when I first play it. And I can't just not look at released info from them because I feel left out from everything. I just want this game to come out already

IHaveIce

Banned
Jackpot in Griffball, thought I try it.

Yeah no, every kill is dependant from host and I just got betrayed 7 times in a row.

Also what is about GamesCom :J

Fotos

Jackpot in Griffball, thought I try it.

Yeah no, every kill is dependant from host and I just got betrayed 7 times in a row.

Also what is about GamesCom :J
That's why I don't like griffball. I always end up either getting betrayed for the bomb or spawn killed. There should atleast be a limit on betrayals. 5 maybe?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I dunno about "FOV-Gate". People wanted to know what the FOV was. 343 answered. People stopped wanting to know what the FOV was. Amazing how that works. We're in a brave new world of Halo 4 information.

It is locked and done. So it's easier and safer to answer. Amazing how that works. But then you know this.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That's why I don't like griffball. I always end up either getting betrayed for the bomb or spawn killed. There should atleast be a limit on betrayals. 5 maybe?

If we supported Grifball in the future, this would be less of a problem. Also, if we supported Grifball in the future, it would be radically different but in small yet important ways that would stop it being a proxy host-test. That is to say, more of a real game. If.

Ramirez

If we supported Grifball in the future, this would be less of a problem. Also, if we supported Grifball in the future, it would be radically different but in small yet important ways that would stop it being a proxy host-test. That is to say, more of a real game. If.

I hope this means you're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom