• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this ad a few months back. It's where I get my razors. I kid you not.

image.php

FyreWulff

Does anyone happen to have Team Hotshots in their fileshare? It's like the one gametype from Action Sack I don't have preserved, since we're going to lose all the AS gametypes as of next Tuesday.

edit: Also, just got back with an Intensity Pro

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I am wondering how many more weapons their are total. There wasn't a brute weapon for every type, no brute mid-range rifle. Making me wonder how many prom weapons there are total. Anyone want to guess a total? Could be fun.

Wonder if there is a Prom vehicle? This is what the thread needs, more wild speculation. Less arguing/complaining. :p

levyjl1988

Banned
Any word of custom button mapping? OR are we still stuck with dislikable control schemes?
I like using LB as sprint much like what I did in Skyrim, SR the third, and Halo Reach.
To move the sprint button to X or the LS is a negative for me. As well as those who dislike the current recon control style. Armor ability should be in the RB.

Accessibility, continuity is being dumbed down. Hope a lot of improvements go into the current control scheme. The Comic-con multiplayer demo was disappointing just because of the controls.

Numerous threads on GameFaqs, MLG, and Waypoint show heavy dislike on recon.
Custom control button mapping can fix all this. It's in Resistance, in numerous fighting games, why not Halo 4?

Any word of custom button mapping? OR are we still stuck with dislikable control schemes?
I like using LB as sprint much like what I did in Skyrim, SR the third, and Halo Reach.
To move the sprint button to X or the LS is a negative for me. As well as those who dislike the current recon control style. Armor ability should be in the RB.

Accessibility, continuity is being dumbed down. Hope a lot of improvements go into the current control scheme. The Comic-con multiplayer demo was disappointing just because of the controls.

Custom control button mapping can fix all this. It's in Resistance, in numerous fighting games, why not Halo 4?

Time to learn the art of Bumper Jumper.

I am wondering how many more weapons their are total. There wasn't a brute weapon for every type, no brute mid-range rifle. Making me wonder how many prom weapons there are total. Anyone want to guess a total? Could be fun.

Wonder if there is a Prom vehicle? This is what the thread needs, more wild speculation. Less arguing/complaining. :p

Well there is 11 weapons in the UNSC sandbox. I would assume that would be an absolute max for the Covenant and Promethean sandboxes as well, but I expect each of those sandboxes to have less than 11.

FyreWulff

Recon and Legacy Sticks forever.

Mostly the Legacy Sticks, if games on console stop having those I'll just have to become a PC FPS players.

Also, tangent on the AS discussion: really, a missed opportunity. Never saw the Megalo output from 343 that I expected to happen, and now the playlist is getting tombstoned after a whole single new gametype from them. Hopefully Megalo is in Halo 4 and it's more exploited by 343 this time around.

Vire

Frankie already shot down the idea of remappable controls due to the infinite combinations of buttons that could not be tested for weapon glitches like (BXR).

It'd be nice if at the very least we could get LB to sprint and then X for AA.

Similar to Halo 3's equipment.

it's not happening. control schemes are still in.

accessibility... being dumbed down.... what?

improvements to control scheme? well bumper jumper is fixed (according to 343) if that's what you mean. but it's the pretty standard halo control's with some slight additions, which are about as good as you'll get without custom mapping.

also, heavily dislike recon? fools, its the only way to play.

Enfinit

All this talk of random gametypes and throwing objectives has got me thinkin'. They should let you throw the flag like a spear, just imagine impaling 4 nubs in a row to get the kebab overkill (kebaberkill?) extermination. You could pin people to walls and everything! Screw balance, the flag carrier should be the strongest player on the map, duh.
For some reason this made me laugh really, really hard.

In all seriousness though, you can kinda do this with the new flag assassinations. Well the whole "impale them with a spear" part.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Does anyone happen to have Team Hotshots in their fileshare? It's like the one gametype from Action Sack I don't have preserved, since we're going to lose all the AS gametypes as of next Tuesday.

edit: Also, just got back with an Intensity Pro

Yay!

Aggrotek

I have come to realize that I am really excited for this game, and all this talk about FoV, ranks, 5sk, 14 round clips, button mapping, ect. is all extremely trivial to me. The core things looked to have been fixed from Reach and I am seeing myself gain more and more trust for the development of this franchise. As long as this game feels like Halo, and does so better than Reach I will play this game into the fucking ground.

Still holding out for this. Sadly, I doubt this is in the game, so I'm going to have to learn something new.

LT - Grenade
RT - Shoot
LB - AA
RB - Sprint
X - Reload/pickup
Y - Switch
A - Jump
B - Melee
LS click - crouch
RS click - zoom

Given comfort to what I currently use, and given the factors of having to sacrifice action commands to the face buttons in H4, I think this would be my ideal scheme.

Yeah, I'm about to attempt to install it, then I'm getting on. This will either work or Windows 7 will catch on fire.

Make sure the xbox output res matches the capture res.
Make sure you connect the HDMI in and HDMI out the right way.
Get the correct drivers

Sorted

Also check out PtBi its lets you play xbox in a window on your pc, and allows you to add FXAA and Sharpening Filters. You will get a tiny bit of latency but i can play without any issue 99% of the games i play and the added AA makes a big difference in some games. Plus its made by a GAFFER

People keep saying this even though we don't even know what they changed about it. For all we know 343 thinks "fixing" Bumper Jumper means putting grenades on the right trigger and shooting on the left.

yeah, i guess that is true. edited the post.

hopefully 343 fixed bumper jumper. i don't use it but man, grenade on X? what?

shoot on the d-pad

LT - Grenade
RT - Shoot
LB - AA
RB - Sprint
X - Reload/pickup
Y - Switch
A - Jump
B - Melee
LS click - crouch
RS click - zoom

this sounds pretty good.

Ramirez

I have come to realize that I am really excited for this game, and all this talk about FoV, ranks, 5sk, 14 round clips, button mapping, ect. is all extremely trivial to me. The core things looked to have been fixed from Reach and I am seeing myself gain more and more trust for the development of this franchise. As long as this game feels like Halo, and does so better than Reach I will play this game into the fucking ground.

"Good enough" post of the century.

Frankie already shot down the idea of remappable controls due to the infinite combinations of buttons that could not be tested for weapon glitches like (BXR).

It'd be nice if at the very least we could get LB to sprint and then X for AA.

Similar to Halo 3's equipment.

-or even LB to Sprint, RB for AA, X to Reload. I thought the one of these two would've been Recon instead of X to Sprint.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
it's not happening. control schemes are still in.

accessibility... being dumbed down.... what?

improvements to control scheme? well bumper jumper is fixed if that's what you mean. but it's the pretty standard halo control's with some slight additions, which are about as good as you'll get without custom mapping.

also, heavily dislike recon? fools, its the only way to play.

Recon fo lief. And I should clarify, niche gametypes would still be supported via matchmaking. Just not mainline lists at launch.

Maybe my expectations are just low. *shrugs*

Gotta Agree with you, while all this talk and speculation is fun to a point i dont think anything will kill my hype at this point.

The fact we are 3 month out is insane. I'm happy and i figure with PAX and other evens coming up my hype will only grow.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Well there is 11 weapons in the UNSC sandbox. I would assume that would be an absolute max for the Covenant and Promethean sandboxes as well, but I expect each of those sandboxes to have less than 11.

It is just a hard number to point a finger on, the more I think about it I don't know if I want to think. What if I want to guess low so I am not disappointed when the game releases, but what if me guessing low is really higher than the total number.

I would be so sad, will just try and not rack my brown over it. /hype

Yep. I loved a lot of what Reach had to offer but I'm actually hyped to see what Halo 4 will be like with more speed and maneuverability.

Once again I'll go forth into the breach hoping *this time* the multiplayer will sink its hooks into me, and become my go-to game for single player, co-op and versus.

I've got 9 days of playtime in Reach, which is insane for me, but most of that has been Firefight. So I have some trepidation, but at the very least it looks like there will be a good amount of content to Spartan Ops even if the multiplayer loses its luster after a month or two.

Aggrotek

Gotta Agree with you, while all this talk and speculation is fun to a point i dont think anything will kill my hype at this point.

The fact we are 3 month out is insane. I'm happy and i figure with PAX and other evens coming up my hype will only grow.
It is hard to believe. I remember when the teaser dropped and I was like "ffuuuuuuuck" at the wait.

Yep. I loved a lot of what Reach had to offer but I'm actually hyped to see what Halo 4 will be like with more speed and maneuverability.

Once again I'll go forth into the breach hoping *this time* the multiplayer will sink its hooks into me, and become my go-to game for single player, co-op and versus.

I've got 9 days of playtime in Reach, which is insane for me, but most of that has been Firefight. So I have some trepidation, but at the very least it looks like there will be a good amount of content to Spartan Ops even if the multiplayer loses its luster after a month or two.

I played Reach a hell of a lot too, but recently it's flaws just have become way too apparent and bothersome. I probably won't play it too much between now and Nov 6th. Especially after Borderlands 2 drops in a month.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Still would have preferred this for Recon.
4EvAA.jpg

Wait, what's the difference?

edit: Oh the reload! That would work too. At this point I'd say I've used Modern Day Recon/Default than I have old school default. My adaption is through the roof so I can work with it.

Well fuck you guys fixed everything we normally bellyache about....

Medals: Upgraded

Sniper: Changed model and sound effect.

Armor Ability Icons: Made more recognizable

Bumper Jumper: Fixed

Quick GAF, we must brainstorm about things to complain about.
But middle screen text is still in... :(

edit: Oh the reload! That would work too. At this point I'd say I've used Modern Day Recon/Default than I have old school default. My adaption is through the roof so I can work with it.
Halo 4 recon: LB second armor ability, RB reload, X Sprint.

Edit.: Sigh you edited your post.

levyjl1988

Banned

This is Halo 4's Recon control scheme.

VvJ5o.png

So if you played Halo CEA and your used to using Action/Reload as X it will be used as sprint in Halo 4 which destroys most of your motor skills for quick reload.

Vire

Post the context of this tweet. I have no clue who this guy is, or what Polygon is.

Arthur Gies is a games journalist who works at Verge (which will soon be converted into Polygon.com a new game site)

He's pretty well respected by the FPS community.

I'm sure they asked them when we can expect to see H4 coverage on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom