• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

FOV-Gate failed pretty spectacularly. I think we need to go back to grenades getting stuck in the textures tbh.
Eh? You guys have terrible eyes so I'm still not convinced. CEA was supposed to have a silky smooth framerate. Corrine tweet pls?

Vire

FOV-Gate failed pretty spectacularly. I think we need to go back to grenades getting stuck in the textures tbh.

Well fuck you guys fixed everything we normally bellyache about....

Medals: Upgraded

Sniper: Changed model and sound effect.

Armor Ability Icons: Made more recognizable

Bumper Jumper: Fixed

Quick GAF, we must brainstorm about things to complain about.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

runningoutofthingstocomplainaboutmasterchiefandelites.jpg

Enfinit

Wait wait, don't tell me. The right answer is "LACK OF INFO LACK OF INFO LACK OF INFO LACK OF INFO LACK OF INFO."

To add: Sexually-inclined Cortana and canon-breaking Grunts.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Jackals?

kylej

Banned
I dunno about "FOV-Gate". People wanted to know what the FOV was. 343 answered. People stopped wanting to know what the FOV was. Amazing how that works. We're in a brave new world of Halo 4 information.

Another one: Is Halo 4 multiplayer locked at 30fps?

Nowise10

I'd like to complain about the HUD in the campaign. The two black bars that are supposed to replicate the helmet annoy me and it feels like it just blocks your view, which is what it is doing.

I dunno about "FOV-Gate". People wanted to know what the FOV was. 343 answered. People stopped wanting to know what the FOV was. Amazing how that works. We're in a brave new world of Halo 4 information.

Another one: Is Halo 4 multiplayer locked at 30fps?

I think people stopped talking about it because we got an answer and again were dissapointed...at this point I actually dont want more dissapointment therefore the less information the better.

lol at the Arena discussion, but Juice's post was perfect

Of course it was, thats the only kind of posts I make.

DMR
Jetpack
Spectator Mode
Spartan Laser
60 FPS
Perks
Jackals
Skill-based Ranks
Dedicated servers

We already did 60 FPS and Skill-based ranks today.

Perks sound good.

343 why are you trying to turn Halo into call of duty?

I think people stopped talking about it because we got an answer and again were dissapointed...at this point I actually dont want more dissapointment therefore the less information the better.

Of course it was, thats the only kind of posts I make.

What's there to be disappointed about? It's the same as it was in Reach, so it's not a step back, which was really all I was hoping for.

Golden Warthog in Halo 4?

You know this reminds me, the LE gets an AR skin, I'd like to see (some) and know what weapons have skins and how many skins per weapon there are in the unlock system.

ixVqkjujGYFFl.jpg

iblKTqJxFRpxjl.jpg

ibwu0cQU4q1W8H.jpg

ibf7Hyj6a98KWU.jpg

ipaxw9g1das90.jpg

And just for fun.

i07BvvVvbpbEQ.jpg

willow ve

Rock Paper Scissors gameplay is in inherent in laodout + perk games.... and go.

here's something to be mad about. soft kill barriers in campaign. why you do this to me 343?!?

(if there's one of those buttons like on oni swordbase that turn off all barriers, then i might be happy. )

kylej

Banned
Another one: Given that we can customize our guns with special pre-order Best Buy edition color schemes, will we also be able to choose what colors we want for specific Forge pieces?

Ok bro haha

There's no reason to be put in Silver when you only lost 5 games out of 32, especially when the ranking system is based off of wins/losses.
Ok bro haha math and shit

The wins and losses are weighted based on your teammates' and opponents' Trueskill values, just like in Halo 3. Sorry that you didn't rank as highly as you wanted to. If you keep playing (it doesn't matter how many matches per day once you've placed), you will see your division placement update every day.

Even you have said in the past that population is hugely dependent on how effective the ranking system is. Arena's population is low, which means that in its current form it isn't effective. We're not saying the algorithm isn't effective, it's just that Arena's current iteration is poorly thought out.

You don't have to explain it to me, I've said as much myself in past posts. The actual way in which Arena ranks you is based on the same mechanics as Halo 3's ranking system, only it gives you a much more precise value to your rank. For instance, if I'm placed 80% Onyx, I know that I'm in the top 4% of all players as of YESTERDAY. That is awesome.

What sucks is:

-Having to play 4 matches a day on 5 different days to get my placement.
-The fact that the system was re-worked so the player ratings at the very least mean nothing or at most confuse players.
-Having to wait a whole day to see the result of your wins/losses once you've placed

These all relate to player feedback/UI, not ranking.

The point of my original statement was that it would be unprecedented for 343 Industries to not include a skill ranking system in Halo 4. Those hoping for one should take solace in this fact and in the fact that if they didn't like the Arena, it is also unlikely that 343 Industries will cut and paste that particular system into Halo 4 given its performance in Reach. Heck, I wouldn't want that, for all of the reasons I just stated. I want there to be a popular skill ranking system in Halo 4.

Didn't you hear? Halo 4 is going to be a 10/10 Platinum in GameInformer. Someone said so on here so we should stop complaining since perfection has been reached by 343i.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Another one: Given that we can customize our guns with special pre-order Best Buy edition color schemes, will we also be able to choose what colors we want for specific Forge pieces?

Forge color palette pre order bonus? Gamestop red, Best Buy Blue and Yellow.

What's there to be disappointed about? It's the same as it was in Reach, so it's not a step back, which was really all I was hoping for.

You dunno me at all :(

I'm dissapointed in "the same" I wanna see some progression! I want the best things. Forward movement.

Like CoD and Halo both will be similar to their previous iteration but at least CoD is trying to DO things. Ex: Dedis, 60fps, Livestream. They are technically moving their game forward.

Halo is just the same game. With a new mildy prettier skin.

Vire

This last page is absolutely golden.

We could always revert to the good ole standby's like "Text in the center of the screen".

Sofa King

Any word on whether the MP build at PAX will be a new build (not E3) and if it will include all weapons? Also, can we expect a 4th map to debut there?

You dunno me at all :(

I'm dissapointed in "the same" I wanna see some progression! I want the best things. Forward movement.

Like CoD and Halo both will be similar to their previous iteration but at least CoD is trying to DO things. Ex: Dedis, 60fps, Livestream. They are technically moving their game forward.

Halo is just the same game. With a new mildy prettier skin.

I do too, but FOV is one field (harrr) where I'm willing to accept more of the same. After the disaster that was Halo 3's FOV I'm just relieved we're not taking steps back towards that.

the second time you visit it in campaign. the tank level, cant remember the name. theres like a button that turns off the barriers and spawns some banshees on top of a building.

Oh okay, I thought you were talking about the actual ONI Sword Base level. Because I love getting out of that level, but there are some off-limits zones.

78 degrees is fine by me. FOV felt fine in Reach. Great news, especially considering the game is running in actual High Definition and looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom