• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Halo 4's Recon control scheme.

So if you played Halo CEA and your used to using Action/Reload as X it will be used as sprint in Halo 4 which destroys most of your motor skills for quick reload.

no, this looks perfect to me actually. the entire point of recon is that it emulates halo 3 default with reload/action on RB. if they moved that it wouldn't be recon anymore.

also, how the hell do people play with sensitivity set to 3? i have mine at 5 or 6 and sometimes even that is slow.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This is Halo 4's Recon control scheme.

VvJ5o.png

So if you played Halo CEA and your used to using Action/Reload as X it will be used as sprint in Halo 4 which destroys most of your motor skills for quick reload.

I'm used to playing Reach, not CEA. I think this control scheme looks very good. So does yours. I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be fine.

Ramirez

Arthur Gies is a games journalist who works at Verge (which will soon be converted into Polygon.com a new game site)

He's pretty well respected by the FPS community.

I'm sure they asked them when we can expect to see H4 coverage on the site.

Thanks, I hate when people post pictures without telling me who or what it is. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Like Vire said. Tashi asked:
"Any word on upcoming Halo 4 coverage? Trip to 343i? <3"

Response posted above.

Yea. Then he said "i am virtually positive that's the first time any gaf member has encouraged me to post there. " after I invited to post in HaloGAF hahaha. I'm not sure if he was talking about GAF as a whole or HaloGAF lol.

Either way, what reminded me of all this is while on the podcast we were talking about how Bravo is at 343 and then I remembered a tweet Arthur made about either going to 343 or seeing Halo 4. Something along those lines. Made me thing there was a press showing or something.

If we supported Grifball in the future, this would be less of a problem. Also, if we supported Grifball in the future, it would be radically different but in small yet important ways that would stop it being a proxy host-test. That is to say, more of a real game. If.

So in otherwords, if you supported it, it would become more"legit".

HaloGAF Radio episode 7 is done! Thanks to our guests for coming on. Should be uploading soon.

It was fun, thanks for allowing me to join!

levyjl1988

Banned
I'm used to playing Reach, not CEA. I think this control scheme looks very good. So does yours. I'm not worried, I'm sure it will be fine.

The game will be great, I have no troubles there, but X being sprint instead of LB is just weird, really, really weird.

I play Skyrim and Halo Reach a lot and seeing X as sprint just gives me the shivers.
I'm also used to pressing X to reload in Halo CEA.

The game will be great, I have no troubles there, but X being sprint instead of LB is just weird, really, really weird.

I play Skyrim and Halo Reach a lot and seeing X as sprint just gives me the shivers.
I'm also used to pressing X to reload in Halo CEA.

i have been playing mass effect 3 multiplayer, and sprint is on the A button. i know its a 3rd person shooter and moving is a little different, but i don't have any problems. (other than A being used for multiple things in that game.) the X button is pretty close to the A button, so i should be good. also, you don't need to hold the button down, just click it and let go, you'll sprint until you run out/pull back on the joystick.

kylej

Banned
1. CA handled Forge with hardly any updates. Thats right they handed it off to a different company. 343 is essentially half Bungie and half a mixture of people from other games. Just because MS switched companies that make Halo I cant find that as an excuse for anything...
2. CoD's engines also change each one looks better and better. They just change at a rate that lets them keep their technically fancy features. Halo's changes at a rate where sometimes things take hits. Thats not really a good thing to do.
3. They removed FF and made Spartan Ops. They have the same set of features then they have a Campaign, Theater, Forge, SpOps replacing FF, and MP. Thats the same not MORE NEW stuff.

None of this is disingenuous its all facts it doesnt lack any sincerity its all truth. Halo 4 has only shown that it 1. Looks prettier, 2. Has an altered weapon set. Two things every single Halo iteration has already done.

I see no forward progress. I see artists having their way with a bunch of Halo assets, forgetting what the game is really about.

good post would read again A+++

FyreWulff

Get box open

Just the card

No CD

No breakout cable

Adapter cable with torn open bag, and the adapter is for a port not even on the card

Windows doesn't even acknowledge the card being plugged in

fuck everything, getting on halo

GhaleonEB

Well there is 11 weapons in the UNSC sandbox. I would assume that would be an absolute max for the Covenant and Promethean sandboxes as well, but I expect each of those sandboxes to have less than 11.

Yeah, each sandbox having 5-6 weapons each sounds like a reasonable upper limit and is in like with what we've seen so far.

Really interested in new vehicles, particularly any Forerunner ones; given the weapon designs they could really go nuts with the designs.

So this came in the mail today.

Great work sltPoison!

Okay, I'm ordering one. That exact shirt, in fact. Looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom