• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

senador

Banned
That's an interesting idea, but I have a feeling it's more likely a setpiece like the Spires in Reach. Glassing a Shield World from the inside would be pretty much suicidal since you'd be making a superstructure collapse inwards--that is, making it all cave in with the central point of gravity being yourself.

It would be fucking awesome is what it would be.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/

120917%5C1B3882067-h4-campaign-dawn-firstperson-01.streams_desktop_medium.jpg

120917%5C1B3882063-h4-forerunnerconcept-01.streams_desktop_medium.jpg

120920%5C1B3933652-cortanres.streams_desktop_medium.jpg

I know this has been said a thousand times already- but how in the hell did they pull this game off on this ancient piece of hardware?

Absolutely stunning.

blamite

This looks amazing. :D

I'm almost tempted to go on a media blackout, since I feel like I've already seen so many awesome things ahead of time, but I just can't resist when it all looks so fantastic.

senador

Banned
There is such a thing as too much content..

I'm not complaining, but holy shit, I don't even know where to start. I've only looked at pics so far really. I guess I haves some reading to do this weekend. I'll probably read Polygon's first since that site looks amazing with the Halo content they got.

IGN ... took them one hour to complete.
Uh-huh.

I'm not complaining, but holy shit, I don't even know where to start. I've only looked at pics so far really. I guess I haves some reading to do this weekend. I'll probably read Polygon's first since that site looks amazing with the Halo content they got.
Polygon have the best writing. IGN, for instance, really didn't seem worth reading. If you do one thing, watch Kibbles's link.

senador

Banned
Uh-huh.

Polygon have the best writing. IGN, for instance, really didn't seem worth reading. If you do one thing, watch Kibbles's link.

Seems like it from what I skimmed. I just read their iPhone 5 review earlier tonight and it was quite good and fair. I think I need to be reading The Verge/Polygon far more.

Watching Kibbles's link now, its good. Frankie plus good quality feed of menus and gameplay.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Any footage of Solace yet? Direct feed preferably?

Also, how did the different Spartan IV helmets get awesome all of the sudden? Did they change, or have I finally warmed up to them?

Edit : Kill cams are in again? I thought they were removed? Are they only in some gametypes?

senador

Banned
Any footage of Solace yet? Direct feed preferably?

Also, how did the different Spartan IV helmets get awesome all of the sudden? Did they change, or have I finally warmed up to them?

I think you are just finally seeing them with their final polish in awesome quality pictures and videos. I was pleasantly surprised, they look great! Man I am hyped.

Post game stats from the Gamespot vid with Frankie:
xoGoR.png

Medals are looking good too.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, jetpack actually looks like something I might use now that sprint is a default ability. Gotta practice clawing.

I think you are just finally seeing them with their final polish in awesome quality pictures and videos. I was pleasantly surprised, they look great! Man I am hyped.
I guess so! All those weird polygons got shaped into sweet sweet spartan sexiness.

Everything looks hot. Pretty much everything. I've grown inured to the things I don't like the look of, and I'm happy to try them out, but everything else looks good right now.

Slightly concerned that Spartan Ops isn't better than a proper Firefight mode, that the game has scripted quick-time sequences, and that we've yet to witness a large-scale battle (though I have faith that they're in there)... but those things are less important than what's obviously there.

senador

Banned
Shit, I gotta go to bed. Halo 4 is looking so good. Everything seems extremely detailed and of really high quality while also being smooth and fluid. I have been noticing some texture pops here and there though, mostly in the menus when loading a new armor piece for the first time.

I assume the energy pillar in the middle of Solace kills you, and I assume that 'gimmick' is going to be the first thing kylej remarks upon. I, however, welcome another symmetrical small map.

Multiple snipers, though. Hm.

Top Bottom