• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Beckx

you mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger darling.

tg9kv.gif

Shadders

You'll be able to rock up to GS on the night and buy one without a pre-order. Every store gets sent extras.

I used to work at GAME and even the rarest limited editions (the Blizzard ones were always hard to get) would come with a few extras.

Obviously you don't want to leave it too late, but if you're there at midnight you'll be able to get one.

So I can't buy a luxury item and know what's in it?

Edit: how does preordering on amazon work? Do I have to pay it all now or by the time it comes out?

From past experience you pay when the game comes out.

Karl, just do what im doing. Purchase the limited edition for now then if they don't tell us what's in it... play it safe and cancel the LE order then just purchase the standard edition a week away from launch. At least that way your garunteed a Limited Edition if it turns out to be good and can downgrade with no hassle without blindly purchasing it/ if it turns out to suck.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Giving away free stuff is fun right?

First (4) people to quote me and tell me who the first guest of HaloGAF Radio was gets one of these bad boys

edit: It's an actual poster

Karl, just do what im doing. Purchase the limited edition for now then if they don't tell us what's in it... play it safe and cancel the LE order then just purchase the standard edition a week away from launch. At least that way your garunteed a Limited Edition if it turns out to be good and can downgrade with no hassle without blindly purchasing it/ if it turns out to suck.

Bu..bu...but, think of the briefing packet, god dammit!

:p

Karl2177

First (4) people to quote me and tell me who the first guest of HaloGAF Radio was gets one of these bad boys
Steelyuhas.

That's probably what I'll do.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

edit: It's an actual poster

Karl

all the others were special guests

*playing with context*

nillapuddin

Deliveries get to me by 8-9 AM. Its great. I'll be playing this game for a long time, and been waiting a long time. What's a few more hours over night?

That sounds pretty good, Ive heard its pretty dependable, just not for me.

im awake at midnight 100% of the time

im awake at 8am 0% of the time
(college)

m23

At least I can trust Gamestop/EB with pre-orders, Best Buy once reserved too many Forza 4 LEs and people were showing up expecting to pick up their copies only to be told they were sold out. I will never pre-order from Best Buy, even though I wasn't affected.

senador

Banned
Alright, so since the bulletin was lost and numerous Sparkcasts have been "lost", I think its safe to assume any feature you wanted in Halo 4 but didn't get was probably nearly complete then they lost it.

That sounds pretty good, Ive heard its pretty dependable, just not for me.

im awake at midnight 100% of the time

im awake at 8am 0% of the time
(college)

Same, except for the college part. I'm sure I will be jealous of you and others playing, but no more sweaty nerd lines, and I hate Walmart and Game Stop, no other options around here.

Gui_PT

I was promised a grifball vidoc

Where is it?!

I hope they confirm that chess game mode on the colyseum they joked about in Reach.

nillapuddin

\Same, except for the college part. I'm sure I will be jealous of you and others playing, but no more sweaty nerd lines, and I hate Walmart and Game Stop, no other options around here.

Thats unfortunate, like I said all of my Halo midnight Walmart launches have been... unimpressive

less than 15 people, not very nerdy,
ill wear my ODST sweater but Im the only one usually

It just depends where you live I suppose

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Thats unfortunate, like I said all of my Halo midnight Walmart launches have been... unimpressive

less than 15 people, not very nerdy,
ill wear my ODST sweater but Im the only one usually

It just depends where you live I suppose

We usually get about 20-30 folks. Most of them are super casual too but they love Halo. Kinda weird when I realise I'm the nerdiest one there.

Top Bottom