• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Prototype footage :s
That was referring to the weapon specifically, I think. I don't think it'll be a MP map. It's probably just meant as a little thing to make returning fans smile (or shudder, as the case may be).

blamite

That Narrows looks pretty nice to have been made just for a prototype. Looks like that's our remake then?

That's cool, narrows was a pretty good map. Not one of my favorites, but it's grown on me the more I've played it. Not a bad choice to make a return.

nillapuddin

1. "halo4_forerunner_bts_esrb" has finished downloading
2. right click desktop
3. graphic options -> output to -> digital television
4. Click Play
5. CENSORED

Havok

Great video. The Knight classes distinguish much better in gameplay.

No way it's gonna be Narrows, remakes are usually of good maps.

cocamola

Banned
Wait a second is that narrows?
narrows.png

EDIT:lol late

I think that's probably just a different version of that Lava Spartan Ops level. It looked a lot like Narrows in the SO gameplay I saw from E3 or Comic-Con.

edit: after looking that up, it's actually more different than I remember. I doubt it's Narrows as an MP map though, probably just some area inspired by Narrows.

Ah Narrows...yet another garbage map that looks good only because it was packed in with the rest of Halo 3's maps. The flag fumbling possibility of bottom bridge was the only entertaining thing about it. I hope this is something else entirely.

There are more than a few "bridge sections" that are very similar to that throughout the Halo campaigns. I don't think it necessarily points to Narrows being the remake. That being said, if it is I wouldn't necessarily mind; Narrows wasn't bad (though I do cringe at the thought of the jet pack being involved) at all really.

Guys, just think about it. There are enemies. It's not multiplayer. It's not a Narrows remake.

B-but... in Reach...

Vire

Anyone have a non screwed up youtube link? The encoding seems all weird in the waypoint vid, and the press site isn't responding for me.

I'm uploading the press version now. It'll be like 10 minutes or so.

EDIT: More like 30... youtube sure is taking its sweet time. Sorry :/

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
GUYS, THIS IS A CAMPAIGN VIDEO. Why would the reveal the multiplayer remake in a campaign video? Just because we see them reusing the architecture from Narrows doesn't mean we're getting Narrows as a multiplayer map.

Edit : That scene of the Knight scanning the UNSC soldier (Spartan IV?) gave me chills.

what the fuck are ya'll niggas talking about Narrows

it's the same copy and paste bridge from Halo CE, but shinier

ya'll can't be serious right now

it's a CAMPAIGN video

Arnie

I begin to understand the Knight aesthetic when they talk about it like this; the skull acting as visual language for an entombed body, similar to how the Didact was entombed, for example, really works for me on a fundamental level. It gives both personality, but keeps them alien, and menacing. And most of all mystery.

Which just makes me sadder. A video like this does so much for how I view and appreciate the game, that they haven't take measures to explain other aspects of the design in such detail, which subsequently leaves me feeling bummed about the most important part of the package (for me), is borderline negligent.

And I love how the Didact is teased, but never dwelled upon. At this point I really do hope the sphere's all we see until the game's on our screens.

DeadNames

Banned
I am happy with this, I thought they were going to remake some old BTB map which would have been disappointing because I feel that most of them would have been rather empty looking in Halo 4. Also, CA is very creative when it comes to BTB maps

As people had said earlier, it's most likely just a "Halo bridge".

To be honest, I'd prefer a spiritual successor than a literal remake. Or if it was a literal remake- I'd like it to be a different environment.

what the fuck are ya'll niggas talking about Narrows

it's the same copy and paste bridge from Halo CE, but shinier

ya'll can't be serious right now

it's a CAMPAIGN video

That's definitely more Narrows than the bridge from AotCR(which is the one I'm assuming you're talking about).

IHaveIce

Banned
So this must mean Sentinel beam? I hope so.

That was also my first thought.
I mean the Promethans were introduced in the GI article but the Sentinels don't count as them.
Maybe their Beam is also no Promethan weapon and we have to see it.

Also next week Covenant Weapons Video like it seems?

Top Bottom