• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Havok

You guys can't top my CEA experience of carrying the sniper all the way through T&R(legendary) with no ammo, only to find out after I beat the level, I needed 4 bullets & any diff. to get it!

The look on my face...
Shoulda picked up the ammo in the hallway outside the bridge!

mostly time consuming
Turn on Bandanna and the time will fly as fast as the grenades from your fingertips.

Ramirez

Shoulda picked up the ammo in the hallway outside the bridge!

Turn on Bandanna and the time will fly as fast as the grenades from your fingertips.

I think I used all of the bullets to clear out the last few Elites because I had no plasma weapons left.

thats strangely not very nice for no reason...

playing through two betrayals on legendary is not a quick experience
I am doing my once at a day angry stuff. If I do not do it, Oddone is going to be sad the whole day.

But at the end, the only hard achievement is finishing "Two Betrayals" without picking-up any other weapons. But still you can skip a lot of areas etc.

I am doing my once at a day angry stuff. If I do not do it, Oddone is going to be sad the whole day.

But at the end, the only hard achievement is finishing "Two Betrayals" without picking-up any other weapons. But still you can skip a lot of areas etc.

Not hard in Co-OP, you can just let someone else do all the work. Or be a crazy and run in and keep dying but taking out enemies every time(also in Co-Op).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
playing through two betrayals on legendary is not a quick experience
Which is exactly what I'm doing right now, haha. Yeah, there's several difficult achievements in CEA. But maybe i am babby.

Edit : Shooting down Banshees in Halo CE is so effing awesome.

nillapuddin

Thats pretty much the one I was referring to, Kittens is doing Two Betrayals solo leg right now

dont be angryface, how can you be mad at puddin?

TheOddOne

<3

You know me so well, Hyper.

Well smack my ass and call me Sally.

Console Master Race

If you ever upgrade your avatar, you should consider making it this:

Legends_SPARTAN-II.jpg

You think that's hard? Try doing that in conjunction with the only killing grunts one, because somehow I thought it would be a good idea to do both in one go on legendary.

I got about about halfway until someone told me the grunt one could be done on heroic. Doh!

MrBig

Really nice vidoc. Art direction in H4 is amazing, Scott and Sparth are doing great. 343's really pushing the limits of the 360 and the macro details are absolutely stunning but I see it holding them back in all the micro details. They've done a great job bringing their vision to life.

All the Promethean stuff looks really fun

I'm absolutely thrilled to play the SP now and am glad I pre-ordered.

So I bought Mark of the Ninja on the advice of people on here. It's really really fun. I also appreciate the inclusion of a cardboard box you can hide in.

I had to google that term "bong". why would one want to pass smoke through water?
I noticed this never got answered. It makes the smoke much cooler and smoother, and so lets you inhale more and for longer without irritation. Also filters out a lot of the ash that you would otherwise inhale

Woorloog

Banned
Do Binary Rifle and Incinerator Cannon have "dual fire modes"? Does the Suppressor? Or is this something limited to Light Rifle and Boltshot (and Scattershot in the sense it is a shotgun with bouncing projectiles)?
Because it is a damn cool idea. But saying Forerunner weapons have this yet most weapons don't actually have two different mechanisms...

Anyway, interesting ViDoc. I'm still hoping there is one or two as of yet unseen Promethean types, you know, surprises. 3 types and variants is not that much really.

You think that's hard? Try doing that in conjunction with the only killing grunts one, because somehow I thought it would be a good idea to do both in one go on legendary.

I got about about halfway until someone told me the grunt one could be done on heroic. Doh!
I have to correct myself: Those two achievements are nuts but not time consuming.

The scene where Watcher supports Knight with HLS and Knight moves forward to then immediately Melee after it drops. Fuk..

Master Chief performs Assassination Animations... Badass.

Sentinels are back. Cool.

More Variety of Knights is interesting. Mixing their Individual Abilities & Weaponry as a newer formula of combat encounter.

Level of Detail for Mountains, flowing grass, Clouds... Clouds everywhere. Cosmetic Designs for Enemy Classes look wayyy better in different environments such as the night scene and inside a Forerunner Structure.

Graphics, Architecture, Sounds. Gorgeous ;_;

zap

Dope Vidoc. I award it all the stars. Campaign looks like the biggest move forward the series has seen since CE.

Campaign looks incredible, definitely will be better than Reach's drab campaign. I remember it dragged on for me on my first playthrough, I just wanted it to finish so I could play the rest of the game.

broony

Awesome video, so excited for Campaign. Looking forward to multi as well but campaign has always been where its at for me. Spartan Ops is jizzy for me too.

Talking about the Promethean colour schemes (red / blue):
Possible story bad guy speculation spoilers with info from Glasslands / Primordium:
So could the red and blue colours be related to who the prometheans serve. We have heard there may be two forms of Didact, I also remember something about how the covenant and prometheans interact as the strory goes on. Red = angry didact, blue = 343 GS controlled Prometheans?

Could 343 be leading the rebel covenant we are fighting in this story?

Omni

Is it me or does it seem like there's a huge difference in visuals between campaign and multiplayer? I mean, look at some of that campaign footage and compare it to Excile...

/starting to wonder if campaign actually looks as good as shown.

TheOddOne

Is it me or does it seem like there's a huge difference in visuals between campaign and multiplayer? I mean, look at some of that campaign footage and compare it to Excile...

Multiplayer always looks worse, in any game. It's not worth it, because of performance, to make campaign quality maps. Maybe next generation.

Shadders

Campaigns have looked better in all the Halo games, extra CPU cycles can be afforded by only having to handle one (or 4) players.

Most games look better in single player than multi actually..

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
In the awake of that fanfuckingtastic vidoc, I still want to know something.

Is "Disc 2" exclusive to the LE?
What is on "Disc 2"?
When will these questions be answered?

FyreWulff

This is fairly standard since Campaign doesn't have to worry about running in anything more than 2 split. Also, campaign will get more focus and time from the art team since it's the mode the majority of the people that buy Halo will play.

This was what Bungie was going for with including Reach's multiplayer maps in campaign (and their abandoned plan to have the Mythic maps be in ODST's campaign), so that they would get as much art time as campaign did. Regardless of the opinion on this decision, it did in fact pay off in that Reach's multiplayer maps were on visual par with the rest of the game. Versus Halo 3 which had maps that suffered from 3DSMax syndrome (Construct is an obvious one)

wwm0nkey

Awesome video, so excited for Campaign. Looking forward to multi as well but campaign has always been where its at for me. Spartan Ops is jizzy for me too.

Talking about the Promethean colour schemes (red / blue):
Possible story bad guy speculation spoilers with info from Glasslands / Primordium:
So could the red and blue colours be related to who the prometheans serve. We have heard there may be two forms of Didact, I also remember something about how the covenant and prometheans interact as the strory goes on. Red = angry didact, blue = 343 GS controlled Prometheans?

Could 343 be leading the rebel covenant we are fighting in this story?

Look at the story speculation thread for what I posted about it :)

Shadders

Disc 2..

It's obviously something that they're not allowed to tell us, they've been directly asked dozens of times. I've not been over to Waypoint, but I'm sure there will be about 20 threads on the subject.

This means it must be a super awesome unannounced feature! Let's speculate:

Disc 2 is Super Halo Kart
Disc 2 is Halo 2 HD Remix
Disc 2 is a "Story so far" movie of Halos past
Disc 2 is a 2 hour HD movie of Frankie sternly staring into the camera
Disc 2 is Spectator Mode
Disc 2 is Halo 2600
Disc 2 is an a cappella version of the Halo 4 soundtrack

FyreWulff

Disc 2..

It's obviously something that they're not allowed to tell us, they've been directly asked dozens of times. I've not been over to Waypoint, but I'm sure there will be about 20 threads on the subject.

This means it must be a super awesome unannounced feature! Let's speculate:

Disc 2 is Super Halo Kart
Disc 2 is Halo 2 HD Remix
Disc 2 is a "Story so far" movie of Halos past
Disc 2 is a 2 hour HD movie of Frankie sternly staring into the camera
Disc 2 is Spectator Mode
Disc 2 is Halo 2600
Disc 2 is an a cappella version of the Halo 4 soundtrack

Disc 2 is Covenant Forge World

Top Bottom