• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Fracas

#fuckonami
I dont think I could possibly love the Hardlight Shield more than I do
Cant wait to use it, it will be my absolute go-to when im not camo sniping during team play

Also, I made a post detailing my observations on the usage percentages of the PP during PAX, cant remember if anyone said anything

This shows it off even better

each pepper drains 2%
overcharge drains 20%

I can totally see it working as a loadout weapon and not being OP-noob-combo-rific

edit: bottom of page fuuuu

You're welcome

ih5Uq7SmtCGkE.gif

ibdHSb97Ife0MQ.gif

...we've only seen orange Prometheans during the day and blue ones at night or when it's dark out.

Are the blue ones just on night shift rather than being controlled by something else?

Fracas

#fuckonami
...we've only seen orange Prometheans during the day and blue ones at night or when it's dark out.

Are the blue ones just on night shift rather than being controlled by something else?
(I don't know any of the spoilery stuff, so I'm not tagging this. Just random speculation)
No one correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd guess the blue ones are controlled by a rampant Cortana.

Gray Man

Banned

I say, we have hope it will be great balanced fun!

I almost wish 343 made a couple of "Custom Game" abilities. Like really crazy stuff. I'm thinking like, super thruster pack, going up. Or maybe an armor lock, but when you punch the ground it lets out a damaging shockwave that pushes people back.

You know, stuff just for fun.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Then why does Cortana scream when one attacks Chief?

Are you talking about the scripted event where a Knight grabs chief and exposes its skull? Like in the E3 demo?

Seemed like that was fairly early in the game. Before the rampancy part, at least.

edit: Wait, yeah, in the new vidoc, a blue Knight grabs Chief and Cortana flips out. Maybe not her then, lol. Why'd they change the colors from the E3 demo?

Ramirez

I finished Primordium yesterday, can anyone answer this...

So 343 has a UNSC ship at his command now? What time line is this in? Is this before his "death" to Sgt. Johnson?

The book was a pain to get through, even the parts where it supposedly picked up were rather dull to me. Doesn't help that the biggest surprise of all was spoiled on here, oh well. :p

Omni

I think 343i should rethink their marketing strategy.

Don't get me wrong, those two vidocs plus everything else were amazing and really got me hyped, but 343i have made their point that this game is going to be amazing and they need to focus on other things... (Like the game itself). Otherwise the way I see it, is that we're going to get into Halo 4 with absolutely nothing new to be amazed by.

I mean we've seen every weapon, every armour piece, half the multiplayer maps, enemy types, how the game starts and we've even seen the script of a major plot point in the campaign! You get the point... and there are still two months until release! I remember going into Halo 3's campaign completely unspoiled, and it was amazing. Reach's was spoiled for me, and besides the horrendous script, I wasn't surprised at all by anything (Bungie's biggest mistake was showing us the Sabre gameplay before release, IMO).

I feel as if I've already played Halo 4 just by the sheer amount of content that has been released, and that isn't exactly a good thing.

nillapuddin

Both parts, but camo sniping is honestly the biggest pile of crap anyone could do in these games. So cheesy & broken.

Camo Sniping is bitchy, no denying it, but I cannot ignore it in a team based scenario

When I play with a driver, an OBJ carrier, a heavy vehicle guy, an ordnance whore and a frontline player (which I do)

its an obvious and extremely tactical use of my abilities

I would never go into MM solo and camo snipe, but its the role Ive come accustom to filling during my time with Reach and playing with my group of friends who all fill the other necessary roles needed for a victory

So 343 has a UNSC ship at his command now? What time line is this in? Is this before his "death" to Sgt. Johnson?

The book was a pain to get through, even the parts where it supposedly picked up were rather dull to me. Doesn't help that the biggest surprise of all was spoiled on here, oh well. :p

that is set in present day AFAIK not sure the date

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

It's after that time period.

We don't know for sure but it seems to be be between Glasslands/The Thursday Way and Halo 4 or after Halo 4.

Gray Man

Banned

Terribly sorry about that by the way :/

Ramirez

I would never go into MM solo and camo snipe, but its the role Ive come accustom to filling during my time with Reach and playing with my group of friends who all fill the other necessary roles needed for a victory

I can assure you camo sniping is not required for a victory, and even if you do win, it's tainted!

Terribly sorry about that by the way :/

Eh, it's whatever. Like I said, if it were new GRRM book, I'd be huntin' dat ass down, but with these, meh.

Havok

I think 343i should rethink their marketing strategy.

Don't get me wrong, those two vidocs plus everything else were amazing and really got me hyped, but 343i have made their point that this game is going to be amazing and they need to focus on other things... (Like the game itself). Otherwise the way I see it, is that we're going to get into Halo 4 with absolutely nothing new to be amazed by.

I mean we've seen every weapon, every armour piece, half the multiplayer maps, enemy types, how the game starts and we've seen the script of a major plot point in the campaign... you get the point... and there are still two months until release! I remember going into Halo 3's campaign completely unspoiled, and it was amazing. Reach's was spoiled for me, and besides the horrendous script, I wasn't surprised at all by anything (Bungie's biggest mistake was showing us the Sabre gameplay before release, IMO).

I feel as if I've already played Halo 4 just by the sheer amount of content that has been released, and that isn't exactly a good thing.
Reach wasn't really a situation that can be applied anywhere else, though. I mean, when the tagline is "From the beginning, you know the end," what do you expect? I don't know what exactly was spoiled for you, but the overarching plot was about as predictable as it gets. Team goes on mission, things go bad, planet is invaded, team dies in sacrifice, protagonist dies completing the mission. Minor, relatively meaningless bits plot beats in between. No matter what they show with 4, I don't think I could predict in a hundred years what the state the fiction's gonna be in -- I couldn't say that with Reach, because it wasn't pushing the timeline forward. I have to imagine for every throwaway thing they show like the armor, there's something big and exciting they're gonna keep under wraps. We've seen what, maybe three or four of the Campaign environments? That's on par with every game in the series, and it hasn't really been a huge issue before. Just like the other games in the main series, at some point shit's gonna hit the fan and it'll be all new content.

On the topic at hand, camo snipers are jerks. Abusing a broken mechanic. It's at least as shitty as jetpacking above the map to snipe or evade swording.

Ramirez

I feel the exact opposite, I feel like they've shown the same few environments in all of the videos will little context as to what is going on.

I'd take direct feed matches of MP on every map and still not be satisfied though. I wish we could get a 15 min match a week like the PAX video. That would be amazing....

Vire

I feel the exact opposite, I feel like they've shown the same few environments in all of the videos will little context as to what is going on.

I'd take direct feed matches of MP on every map and still not be satisfied though. I wish we could get a 15 min match a week like the PAX video. That would be amazing....

Next week we are getting the Covenant Weapons video so I'd wager we'll see a new map and some fun stuff there on the multiplayer front.

nillapuddin

I can assure you camo sniping is not required for a victory, and even if you do win, it's tainted!

it certainly isnt required, but I wont say its tainted.

Playing on hemorrhage and people jetpacking up to guardians know where and sniping, thats abuse.

Im on the playing field, god knows, if you kill me once assuredly the damn thing will despawn by the time I can run back to where ever I was.

I dont care if you disagree with the tactic, I just dont want my sportsmanship to be "tainted"
My k/d isnt through the roof, I still play the game as close to the line as anyone, but when the situation presents itself I will take that role because it helps the team

wow i hate you so much, lol

ill take your "lolz" as an indication of jest
hate is a strong word :'(

GhaleonEB

OP finally updated. Today has been unbridled anarchy at work (I'm still working).

As someone who bitched long and hard about the lack of behind the scenes content for Halo 4, I've really appreciated the the past two videos (10 minutes each!). Both nicely in depth, really well put together pieces. Thanks, 343. Sounds like some multiplayer content is on the way soon as well, yay.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I just noticed that the short "Halo 4 prototype" clip was from 2010.

It's crazy, they had some playable form of the multiplayer the same year Reach came out. Sure, it was probably barely anything, but still. Kind of interesting. Wonder how far that weapon made it into development.

I'd also kill for one of the first builds of this game, lol. Seems like quite a bit changed over development.

wwm0nkey

Anyone on Murder Miners right now? I need help cleaning up the Zanzibar remake. Just need to get rid of all the unused floor and its good to go. Due to the size the map will be called Minibar

Homeboyd

Are you kidding me with that Vidoc?!

So beautiful it hurts. I can't wait to get home and give 'er a proper go on an actual computer monitor.

Top Bottom