• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harada: TEKKEN X Street Fighter "at a pretty far stage into its development"

The longer this takes the less desirable it will be as it won't have features introduced in the newer games.

Something that could help it if it has characters that you don't see as often.

The longer this takes the less desirable it will be as it won't have features introduced in the newer games.

Something that could help it if it has characters that you don't see as often.

Well they shouldn't have announced it this early is the thing. I guess the problem is that in the partnership between Capcom and Namco, they had to announce both I guess.

ODDI

4b6a49b698.png

Motherfucker.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
chunli1.jpg

even more proof that their designs are shite?
I think she looks badass to be honest. I'd rework the costume around the crotch area, but that's about it. She could eliminate some of the obvious Chun Li references and add her as a DLC character, and I'd pay to play as her.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Even before SFxT, I'd always felt that TxSF would be the better realized game, simply due to the rules of the SF universe being better for Tekken characters, than vise versa.

I'm still holding on to that belief. HYPE.

and PLEASE don't have any tag shit. We want ST mode, mind games.

Even before SFxT, I'd always felt that TxSF would be the better realized game, simply due to the rules of the SF universe being better for Tekken characters, than vise versa.

wasn't sfxt tag team? i think they'll have it for txsf.

Since TTT3 is probably a ways away, please have tag.

Karsha

They will wait sf5 and tekken 7 to gain some popularity and then release this game, the flop of sfxt killed the momentum and they still have the contact so don't expect the game to be scraped , it will just be postponed for a while

NEO0MJ

I wonder how reliant this game will be on projectiles.

That's the most interesting thing for me. Very few 3D characters use proectiles. Only ones from non-arena games that come to mind are Devil/D Jin/Ogre/ Jinpachi (Tekken), Cervantes/Algol (SC), and some DOA bosses.

It was, but Tekken already has the Tekken Tag sub-series so maybe they won't use tag in the crossover. I'd prefer a straight 1v1 game.
right, tekken tag games only coming out every so often so I think they'll take the opportunity to make the crossover a tag game. and i'd like that. it's not like they're won't be 1v1 included.

Pachimari

Tekken X Street Fighter won't be Tag based, I can't see it. That's the whole point of the Tag series, and we just had a title (Tag 2) with that mechanism. It's surely gonna be 1v1, as Street Fighter V and Tekken 7 is.

Duress

When have they had the time with all the Tekken games released since then...

I really think that Capcom should give Street Fighter x Tekken a redo. It had so much potential.

I don't believe him at all.

This is vaporware.

Believe what you want, but yeah, it's very much not.
What exactly should they do? What are their options? Release it alongside SFV or TK7? Hype a game that won't release before 2017, the earliest? What they're doing with TKxSF is really the only thing they can do with that game at this point. Keep working on it and release it once it's safe to not have it be cannibalized by these other titles.

Skunkers

Believe what you want, but yeah, it's very much not.
What exactly should they do? What are their options? Release it alongside SFV or TK7? Hype a game that won't release before 2017, the earliest? What they're doing with TKxSF is really the only thing they can do with that game at this point. Keep working on it and release it once it's safe to not have it be cannibalized by these other titles.

The thing is, as mentioned earlier, this game was announced long before Tekken Revolution, Pokken, AND Tekken 7. It's not that it's going to be cannibalized by other titles so they have to wait, it's more like they keep green lighting titles in front of it that will cannibalize it.

I'm not arguing that it's vaporware like he was, mind you, but this thing has been mismanaged for a while now if it's actually still coming. This pretty much should have been their next project after TTT2, now there's a whole new numbered entry coming first, in addition to the spin-offs.

I'm almost 100% sure that chun li render is not from TxSF.

She's got blood on her foot for a start and the tekken guys don't bleed they kinda mist up.

There was one shot of ryu a few years back in the tekken engine, it was unfinished and used Paul's clothing.

Top Bottom