• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X Coming West to PS4, PS Vita

Diva X is more focused with Miku music. The other characters are almost rare with their music and performances. Which is the only thing I can really knock about Diva X.
Oh really? A shame, but I'll still dip for the music and gameplay.

I can at least shove Luka in every music video right? '~'

Zhao_Yun

Great news! Will buy on Vita.
I am kinda annoyed that Sega doesn't announce these things for Europe at the same time these days. It's like Atlus bought SEGA instead of the other way around. Hope we'll get physical editions in Europe as well...

Hey guys, Sam Mullen here, localization producer for the Project DIVA series here in the States. Just poppin' it to say hi! and tell you guys that Project DIVA X is shaping up to be killer.

It's been a pretty big undertaking with more content than ever and the addition of story elements to the game, making Project DIVA X a different kind of DIVA game and a different kind of localization project. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys think as the release draws closer.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information down the road, and for anyone who imported it, I hope you will check out the English version too.

Oh, and don't bother asking about Future Tone. I got nothing for you.

Is it wrong for me to be worried that they said nothing about Future Tone? I really hope they don't base that games localization opportunity on X's sales because from what I've read on the impressions of that game it is mostly a disappointment.

Songs are mostly on a pre-rendered stage with no "storey video" to go along with them
Modules incredibly RNG based and hard to unlock
Very few non-Miku songs.

EDIT: Welp didn't see Sam up there. Sam for the love of all that is holy, please let your big-wigs know we want Future Tone. I know localizations can be dependent on sales of copies of other games beforehand but I really hope that's not the primary driver for this one. Still definitely purchasing a copy for my PS4 and VITA as I love all things Miku but please.

Please Sam.

LowParry

Hey guys, Sam Mullen here, localization producer for the Project DIVA series here in the States. Just poppin' it to say hi! and tell you guys that Project DIVA X is shaping up to be killer.

It's been a pretty big undertaking with more content than ever and the addition of story elements to the game, making Project DIVA X a different kind of DIVA game and a different kind of localization project. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys think as the release draws closer.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information down the road, and for anyone who imported it, I hope you will check out the English version too.

When it comes to Diva games, I always double dip :D

kunnikuman

Neo Member

Can we some Vita Miku themes in the NA?

Thanks for the work you and the rest do in bringing the series over to the West!

So you can at least tell the bigwigs to give us Future Tone right

kagamin

I'm double dipping for sure, I love the JP version soooo much.

I'm triple dipping for sure... if this even comes out in Europe. </3

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
This is great news to see after DHL fucked up the delivery of my wife's import copy for the FOURTH CONSECUTIVE DAY.

Awesome news! I'm a little surprised its taken this long to announce the localization honestly.

Game only just now released for our Eastern brothers and sisters no? Certainly not the longest wait we've had; especially given a SEGA localization.

'cough' PSO2 'cough'

Zhao_Yun

Thanks for your hard work. Bummer to hear about Future Tone but I didn't expect it to come over anyway. Will just buy on the JP store.

I assume it is Atlus's distribution that continues to make the physical Vita copies possible. More than I dared hope for.

I guess it's their distribution which leads to the EU version hanging in limbo once more then?

Prelude.

Any info about Europe?
And what about Miracle Girls Festival?

I was going to ask how it was coming out so quickly with all the extra dialogue, but it sounds like you guys are on top of it.
Can you confirm if we can import Japanese data? Module hunting is a pain and I would like not have to do it again.

Ryan95

I hope this will come to Europe too (no matter if physical or digital) and, if it does, I hope SEGA won't take months to announce it (like it happened with Yakuza 0)

Yeah, 30 songs is disappointing, especially when F 2nd had 40.

This came up previously, and this is what I had to say then:

30 songs is the shortest song list in series history, but not short to the point that it would be considered a partial game by any means. Song count history:

Project DIVA: 32 (+4 alternate vocals)
Project DIVA 2nd: 46 (+10 DLC, ~13+2 repeats)
Project DIVA extend: 37 (~13 repeats)
Project DIVA f: 32 (+ 7 DLC, 0.5 repeats)
Project DIVA F 2nd: 40 (+16 DLC, ~20+15 repeats)

Repeat counts are approximate based on a quick pass through the list from memory.

In that respect, it's not really far off from f in the amount of new content being introduced, since I believe very little of X's songlist are repeats.

Draikin 2

Thanks for localizing the game! I've already imported the game, but I'll of course be getting the English version as well (even if I have to import the US one).

Link Man

Banned
They're wrong. North and South America are the only thing we're announcing for right now. :(

I would imagine you can't say anything at the moment regarding this, but I am hoping for a western release of Future Tone as well. But really glad PS4 is getting at least one Miku, will definitely look forward to it!

ChrisD

Nice! I never picked up Diva F 2nd, so I'll just hold out for this.

Ye, I want Ignition as well.

Sure you've been told this countless times in the thread already, but F2nd is a great game with lots of content that X won't have. Can be bought pretty cheap these days, too.

Though if you're worried about burning out I get ya'.

I'll be buying both versions when they come over here. ^^

Top Bottom