• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELLDIVERS - Review Thread

Just finished playing this for about 7 hours straight at a friend's house. We intended to just "check it out" for an hour and got completely sucked right in. Almost leveled to 13.

Damn, this may be the most fun I've ever had in a twin-stick shooter. The challenge is sooooo right. I was gonna wait until Bloodborne day to get a PS4, but dang it, I want to go drop cash tomorrow just so I can play this.

System seller confirmed!

GnawtyDog

Banned
Just finished playing this for about 7 hours straight at a friend's house. We intended to just "check it out" for an hour and got completely sucked right in. Almost leveled to 13.

Damn, this may be the most fun I've ever had in a twin-stick shooter. The challenge is sooooo right. I was gonna wait until Bloodborne day to get a PS4, but dang it, I want to go drop cash tomorrow just so I can play this.

it'sworking.gif

Ohnonono

I played for 2 hours last night on Vita. I played every mission after the tutorial with 3 other people (2 different groups.) The game ran perfectly fine. It did not seem to run any different with 4 people than it did with 1. I played up to level 4 Missions and we had turrets and airstrikes and bugs everywhere and it ran perfect. The visuals are for SURE worse than PS4 (duh) but the game runs amazing and looks way better on screen than on youtube vids.

Fantastic game, had a great time, Vita version is great. If they would just maybe put onscreen buttons or enable control options I would like to switch out the grenade motion, but it works as is. This is NOT a shit port.

Percy

Banned
Helldivers sounds great, but the price is maybe a bit rich for my blood to pick it up day one.

Shame the Vita version seems to suck as well. How is it on PS3?

Vita is nothing to play games with.
plz don't ban me

I can't believe so many posters got banned for such a tame joke about Vita that didn't seem to bother anyone.

Fistwell

Eurogamer:
recommended-large-net.png
/10.

Eurogamer said:
Brutal, panic-inducing and hilarious, Helldivers is Arrowhead Game Studios' co-op madness at its best.
The star of the show isn't your foes, though, and it certainly isn't the fascist 'goodies' you're cast as in this knockabout imperialist satire. The star of the show is the panic that's generated as you head into adventure, knowing that you're this close to screwing everything up for your team in a darkly hilarious manner.

DWinn7

I keep wrestling with myself about this game. It looks like crazy fun, but I didn't expect to drop 18 bucks on it. At work on PSN with my finger on the "Buy" trigger...

Decisions, decisions....hmmmmmm

Helldivers sounds great, but the price is maybe a bit rich for my blood to pick it up day one.

Shame the Vita version seems to suck as well. How is it on PS3?

I can't believe so many posters got banned for such a tame joke about Vita that didn't seem to bother anyone.

It doesn't. Outside of a few control niggles, I've only got positive things to say. And so do many other folks, outside of Amirox's somewhat alarmist thread.

spwolf

game seems awesome... played it a bit, and it is a lot of fun... lots of stuff to do, upgrade and strategy seems important... aliens are not easy and it is a lot of fun because there is brutal friendly fire everywhere - from both your team and your weapons like turrets....

just seems awesome so far.

RexNovis

Banned
How is it possible this game plays smoother on vita while remote playing than running natively?!?! WTF?!?! Framerate has to drop to single digits on the vita game and its stays relatively smooth with better picture quality on Remote Play. This makes 0 sense.

Carn82

How is it possible this game plays smoother on vita while remote playing than running natively?!?! WTF?!?! Framerate has to drop to single digits on the vita game and its stays relatively smooth with better picture quality on Remote Play. This makes 0 sense.

eh? You're seeing a PS4 videostream, it just kinda shows that the Vita version is borked :p

RexNovis

Banned
eh? You're seeing a PS4 videostream, it just kinda shows that the Vita version is borked :p

That's a whole new level of fail when it comes to a Vita port though. There should never be a case where remote play is better than native play. It should not happen.

Yeah I've decided to get a ps4 tomorrow. I'll get this, hotline Miami and bloodborne when it's released. I think that should be fine right?

What does ps+ cost and what would it give me right now?

Ah ok didn't know it was country based. Was going to connect to UAE. Can you use any credit card in any region for this?

Not sure about credit card, but you can make an NA account, just enter a random NA address (Sony's American office will do). You can purchase NA PSN cards online from Amazon or somewhere and use that for PS+ and other purchases. I'd advise against connecting a credit card to your PSN account. PSN got hacked a couple of years ago; it wasn't fun.

Edit-
The Playstation Plus Thread has a lot of good info as well: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=614511

Top Bottom