• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hide Forum Threads - A Tampermonkey script for hiding unwanted GAF threads

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
So I've been noticing that one thread has been accidentally hidden but I can't see it on my ignore list. Anyone has noticed this as well?

/E/: I fixed it by showing the ignored only and then unignore it.

Coreda

Found that when on http://neogaf.com rather than http://www.neogaf.com the filters don't display or function. Not sure why as the wildcard in the userscript appears like it would cover it ʅ(❛ -❛ )ʃ Must be tied to the local storage?

Also still adjusting to the phrase Filter CP...

Recently started using this script and it works perfectly, except for generating a cloud sync key. Is the service for that down? When I click generate nothing happens. Also it doesn't hide threads from the most recent thread display on the front page but I can deal with that.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Would it be possible to auto hide non stickied threads that are locked?

bobawesome

Thanks so much for making this script, JeTmAn81. I can finally hide all these Final Fantasy XV threads that are outside the OT.

JeTmAn81

Thanks so much for making this script, JeTmAn81. I can finally hide all these Final Fantasy XV threads that are outside the OT.

I made an attempt to write a regex that would automatically hide all FFXV threads other than the OT but failed. But I'm sure it's possible.

yagal

Oh God Thank you
Just added Trump to the list I just can't deal with it
I'm not american, Donald will eventually burn the world but for now I'm out

D1337

Banned
Oh God Thank you
Just added Trump to the list I just can't deal with it
I'm not american, Donald will eventually burn the world but for now I'm out

Do you have any threads left to look at? haha

I'm gonna try this when I get home

Meohsix

I'm jailbroken on IOS and just found a tweak on Cydia called Userscripts Loader and this Hide Forum Threads script works great... when gaf is forced to desktop mode...
is there something i can change in the .js to get it working with m.neogaf?
cuz that would be amazballs.

JeTmAn81

I'm jailbroken on IOS and just found a tweak on Cydia called Userscripts Loader and this Hide Forum Threads script works great... when gaf is forced to desktop mode...
is there something i can change in the .js to get it working with m.neogaf?
cuz that would be amazballs.

There's a line towards the top of the script that reads:

// @include http*://*neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php*f=*

Try changing that to:

// @include http*://*neogaf.com*forumdisplay.php*f=*

It looks like the mobile site doesn't include the /forum part in the URL like the desktop site does. I'm not sure how the control panel will look in a mobile view. It probably won't be formatted correctly.

JeTmAn81

I've decided to bump this in anticipation of the flood of Switch threads incoming (as if it's not a deluge already!). Could be very useful if you're not interested in the Switch! I've actually had the word Switch filtered for a while but decided to take that off and just hide specific threads as the more relevant Switch news finally comes in close to launch.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I'd known about this sooner, now Gaming is actually readable. Thanks!

RocBase

Jet the man! Thanks a heap for this. I think I am going to have to start blocking Donald Trump threads, at least during my work days because it's been a very noticeable distraction to my productivity.

MilkyJoe

This is awesome, using it with Opera. Way too many Switch threads, clogging up the forum. All gone!! Well done that man!

MilkyJoe

Has this stopped working for anyone else?

Blocked threads list is empty and the little x no longer appears to add to blocked.

Ultimadrago

I wouldn't doubt the hiccups. I had an issue similar to that in the past before I just restarted my browser (and maybe cleared cache? I forget).
Everything has been working on my side since though, including right now.

MilkyJoe

I wouldn't doubt the hiccups. I had an issue similar to that in the past before I just restarted my browser (and maybe cleared cache? I forget).
Everything has been working on my side since though, including right now.

Wouldn't work in Opera anymore, revo uninstalled, re-installed still the same. Installed Vivaldi and it works fine.

Sorry for the bump but I'm having an issue with this.

I keep trying to download and install but it's giving me an error saying that "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be installed from this website". I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Help please!

JeTmAn81

Sorry for the bump but I'm having an issue with this.

I keep trying to download and install but it's giving me an error saying that "Apps, extensions, and user scripts cannot be installed from this website". I'm using Chrome on Windows 10.

Help please!

You might try copying and pasting the script code itself into whichever user script extension you're using, that could bypass the issue of downloading from Greasyfork.

JeTmAn81

This has become the greatest tool ever to hide all these loot boxes threads in Gaming. Holy cow.

Let me help you be even more efficient. Add this to the word filter with regular expression selected. It hides both crates and boxes whether singular or plural.

loot (crates?|box(es)?)

Ultimadrago

Is the option to reply from the bottom a feature of this extension again? Because each time I try there's an error:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error."

Top Bottom