• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima left Konami/KojiPro on October 9th, non-compete ends in December

Godspeed, Hideo! Hope he left like:
E_1XF7.gif

Sojiro

Damn, the man has been there for nearly 30 years and ends up having to leave like this. I'm sure it pains him to see how much Konami has fallen. Hopefully he ends up somewhere he is happy at.

Whoever gets him should probably try to rein him in as a producer and designer, but get a writer and an editor on the side. And a project manager.

KJRS_1993

This FucKonami stuff is childish. Please let's grow up a touch - pretending that the big bad evil Publisher is abusing the angelic visionary is stupid.

It's not a bad thing. Assuming that Konami continue Metal Gear in the AAA space, it's probably good that someone else gets some fresh eyes and new blood on the series.

Edit: oh my days my phone went on a mad one with my grammar.

It's a bittersweet feeling...

I'm glad Kojima is able to do something else, but.... so much of my adult life has had Metal Gear as a constant feature. It's gone now.

I knew it was happening, but it still kind of feels.... wrong.

Sony should hire him ASAP.

Literally every AAA publisher is going to give him a wide berth. Remember: he bleeds money. That's one of the big reasons Konami got fed up of him.

No, it's more likely he forms his own studio and Sony or someone assists development without outright funding his every whim.

Ridley327

Why do people keep posting that picture of Kojima and Cerny as proof that he's going to Sony? Cerny doesn't even work for Sony!

Dude like Kojima needs to bring his product to everyone.

He would be.... you'd just need to buy a PS4/PS5 to do so do. I'll never understand this mentality, if Sony are willing to fund a Kojima game, then theyr'e not stopping anyone from playing it, you just have to play it on their hardware.

Man its actually the end of an insane era. Metal Gear Solid, Zone of the Enders, Boktai, P.T, and the list goes.

Hard to believe Kojima isn't gonna be making new Konami games anymore. Wish him all the well!

I genuinely wonder what's next for Kojima. Conventional wisdom would say his name would carry enough brand power alone to hire him, but considering how auteur-driven he is I dunno how well that'll appeal to other game developers.

Either way, I'm hoping to see what he comes up with next.

Top Bottom