• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hideo Kojima left Konami/KojiPro on October 9th, non-compete ends in December

large.jpg

Screen-Shot-2015-10-01-at-6.30.43-PM-970x545.png

BELIEVE!!!

I knew yall were going to post this.

I was going to too, BELIEVE!!!

Er, the "entire article" is at The New Yorker, not Gamespot...

The article I saw and linked was GameSpot's - they have a link to the New Yorker article in it as well

This FucKonami stuff is childish. Please let's grow up a touch - pretending that the big bad evil Publisher is abusing the angelic visionary is stupid.

It's not a bad thing. Assuming that Konami continue Metal Gear in the AAA space, it's probably good that someone else gets some fresh eyes and new blood on the series.

there's a lot more to saying "fuck konami" than just kojima.

Spaghetti

interesting. i thought his contract was due to expire in december according to earlier reports, but it's obvious he's been checked out of konami for a while. his twitter feed definitely shows him less and less in the office.

Kojima's vision for MGSV was too grand. Unfortunately, Konami probably didn't have the patience with such high-budget projects.

Make your move Sony and let the master be as creative as he wants.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This FucKonami stuff is childish. Please let's grow up a touch - pretending big bad evil Publisher abusing the angelic visionary is stupid.

It's not a bad thing. Assuming that Konami continue Metal Gear in the AAA space, it's probably good that someone else gets some fresh eyes and new blood on the series.

If you haven't been keeping up for the past few years, that's only one of many reasons people are sick of Konami.

Boke1879

Literally every AAA publisher is going to give him a wide berth. Remember: he bleeds money. That's one of the big reasons Konami got fed up of him.

No, it's more likely he forms his own studio and Sony or someone assists development without outright funding his every whim.

You don't know how much MGSV ended up costing. People keep parading around an $80 million dollar figure that isn't substantiated by anything.

Kojima and Konami have been having issues long before MGSV.

I do agree though that he'll take his senior staff from Kojipro and make his own studio and most likely do contract work.

Arklite

I'm pretty damn excited to see what Kojima might cook up next, maybe something in cyberbunk like Snatcher, or some far future mech themes. Assuming he lands somehwere big anyway.

Although Western fans may mourn the loss, McCarthy doesn’t share their despondency. “Honestly, I am not so sure that any threat to yet another shouting, shooting game full of American grunts saving democracy from the wiles of dark-skinned terrorists is any great loss to the art,” he said.

Wow.

Patryn

Isn't the only surprising thing about this that it's happening now instead of December?

Did anyone seriously think he wasn't leaving Konami?

Ahnez

Well.. I actually think its better this way..

Konami fucked up so many times, one after another.. It was only a matter of time until he left

Nairume

Banned
I still want him make the game equivalent to Metal Gear, as Archer is to James Bond.
I feel like Revengeance was basically already that.

It'll certainly be interesting to see what he does next. People are being overly optimistic with the idea of him going to Sony. They almost certainly wouldn't be willing to give him the freedom and funding that he'd want to make the kind of games that people are going to expect out of him.

Top Bottom