• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hooters-style restaurants seeing business growth in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaelic

Banned
why do we never have GAF meet ups at these places
LLShC.gif
because the food is shit

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
There's a Tilted Kilt literally a block from my apt. building, they are always crazy busy, I pretty much go there just to watch UFC ppv events and a girl I graduated college with works there. My gf doesnt mind going there and the food is decent (although Im sure that varys widely by location).

shuri

Banned
Here in Montreal, we used to have breakfast places with naked women doing the service. They would walk around naked, or just wearing 'sexy' panties and nothing else.

vaelic

Banned
I know gay dudes that feel the same way.

Edit: also, who the fuck cares that these restaurants are making money? Is it the kind of place I'd take the family? Fuck no. Is it the kind of place I'd grab a bite during a bachelor party? Yes.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be surrounded by something you're attracted to, as long as you don't A) stare like a douchebag or B) reach out and touch someone. If a cute co-ed wants to get paid by giving me a wink while she's handing me my beer and buffalo wings, so be it. 20% on the tip (as long as they do the actual job of serving me the food I'm paying for) and have a great day.
Your bachelor parties must suck if you go to hooters...

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
I've been to the Twin Peaks in Albuquerque. It was certainly unique and eye opening.
Sales pitch must have worked cos me and work buddy went back again.

Here in Montreal, we used to have breakfast places with naked women doing the service. They would walk around naked, or just wearing 'sexy' panties and nothing else.
I live in Ottawa...so...

58700_4798_by_glanzerr.jpg

let's just assume that's sunrise, to save me some embarrassment of geographical ignorance of Canada

Bladenic

Those pics hardly sell me on visiting this place. If you're supposed to be known for women, pick the absolute best looking ones to advertise, unless that's it...

Honestly though I don't think Hooters even has good food, so if this is in the same vein then MEH. I've seen plenty of boobs, having a pair of cleavage serving me shitty food is not exactly the most enticing thing ever.

notworksafe

I've been to the Twin Peaks in Albuquerque. It was certainly unique and eye opening.
Sales pitch must have worked cos me and work buddy went back again.

Ugh. I went there with some friends soon after it opened. It was a truly terrible experience all around.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
We have a cop bar called Alary's in Minnesota that does this. The girls dress in mini referee tops and booty shorts.

hockey-2010-011.jpg

The food isn't very good.

Your bachelor parties must suck if you go to hooters...

To grab food between activities, son. Some of us don't want to go to a played out titty bar and pay $80 for a skank to rub her dirty parts all over the groom-to-be. Been there once, done that once, and the only reason the dude agreed was because he was deeply intoxicted.

Hell, the one I planned last week was ziplining, a shooting range, camping out and drinking tequila next to a campfire trading ware stories.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Hahaha

I fucking love gaf

The pics he's looking at are old and stupid. You have to actually GO there because there's always a different set of waitresses every month it seems. Plus there's like 4 different locations.

acksman

Withing a 1 mile radius in my city we have:

Hooters
Twin Peaks
Tilted Kilt
Red Neck Heaven

and they are ALL always packed in the afternoons and weekends.

Edit: After looking through here, yes this is in a North Dallas city as well.

cashman

Banned

Hooters
Twin Peaks
Tilted Kilt
Red Neck Heaven

Lewisville?

FStop7

Banned
I haven't been to a Hooters in about 6 years. I would go more often if the food were good. I'm pretty indifferent toward the girls. I mean yeah - attractive women, cool! But I'm not really interested in hitting on waitresses and there are lots of attractive people elsewhere, so whatever. I bet they make a lot of cash though.

TheMan

i've been to places like this a few times, and each time i've found the waitresses to be largely unattractive. if i'm going to go somewhere to ogle women, might as well be a strip club, IMO. (not that i've been recently, seeing as how i'm broke and all...)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A Twin Peaks just opened in my neighborhood. I was hoping it was a Twin Peaks themed restaurant with fantastic coffee.

This is strangely not as awesome as I was expecting.

What? I'm serious. I don't find girls attractive just because they have huge tits.

I'm right there with you dude.

Wilsongt

I ate at a Tilted Kilt once not knowing what it was. As a gay man, I was not pleased by having boobies shoved in my face while I was trying to eat the subpar food.

Aselith

I ate at a Tilted Kilt once not knowing what it was. As a gay man, I was not pleased by having boobies shoved in my face while I was trying to eat the subpar food.

Have you been to a strip club? I would love to have a narrative of what a gay dude thinks during his time in a strip joint. Write it down and make a thread!

Hooters
Twin Peaks
Tilted Kilt
Red Neck Heaven

Must be lewsisville, I am in that area too. My wife and I went to Red Neck Heaven because we thought the name was funny. Was not expecting the waitresses attire:) Food was decent. The only other place like this I have been too was Hooters but that was 14 years ago.

http://www.3rdbasesportsbarandgrill.com/photos.html (nsfw?)

This local place pretty much has the waitresses in bikinis and lingerie.
Never been.

Bone Daddy BBQ is another one of these type of places.

And I always thought the Third Base was referencing the Ballpark across the street:)

more than anything in the thread of I'm amazed at the usage of "breastuarants" in the OP, the person that came up with that is def on my short list of Pulitzer Prize nominees...

Lace

The main thing most people miss is that the men are getting played and not the women. I see nothing wrong with it.

Mordeccai

I know some very attractive ladies that worked at the Tilted Kilt that was down here in Tampa before it closed. Would post pictures, but I believe their website had a girls calendar anyway.

LosDaddie

Banned
Hey, I learned a new word today: Breastaurants

Love these places. Beers, sports, wings, and titties....what's not to love about that? I took my daughter to a breastaurant for lunch on Saturday. We had a good time. :)

Log4Girlz

Hey, I learned a new word today: Breastaurants

Love these places. Beers, sports, wings, and titties....what's not to love about that? I took my daughter to a breastaurant for lunch on Saturday. We had a good time. :)

Did she ask for an application.

I kiiiid, I kiiiid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom