• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori releasing their own Switch Pro Controller and Fightstick this July

Grimsen

I appreciate that third parties are trying to release quality products, but

-Pro controller needed a wireless version
-it also needed 6 face buttons
-that dpad looks iffy as fuck.

-That HRAP 4 body is bad, compared to the HRAP EX. it's too narrow, and the angled palm rest is terrible IMO.

I appreciate that third parties are trying to release quality products, but

-Pro controller needed a wireless version
-it also needed 6 face buttons
-that dpad looks iffy as fuck.

-That HRAP 4 body is bad, compared to the HRAP EX. it's too narrow, and the angled palm rest is terrible IMO.
The HRAP 4 is a preference thing. Some friends of mine prefer it to the other body shapes.

The dpad is probably pretty iffy though yeah :)

Not sure what you mean with 6 face buttons. Like a fight controller?

If it seriously retails for $30 I'll buy at least 1, probably 2. Asking your friends to play Mario kart with the Joycons (even if they're casuals and semi-drunk) is like asking them to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving...not cool.

Grimsen

The HRAP 4 is a preference thing. Some friends of mine prefer it to the other body shapes.

The dpad is probably pretty iffy though yeah :)

Not sure what you mean with 6 face buttons. Like a fight controller?

For the face buttons? Yeah, like a saturn controller. It would accomodate every type of pad players, since it would still have shoulder buttons.

For stick players used to mad catz or older Hori sticks, I strongly recommend trying before buying the newer HRAP. I bought the Hayabusa for PS4, and was hyped about it, and ended up not liking it. :/

I just want an optional left joy-con with an actual, decent d-pad. It seems like it would be free money with their ridiculous accessory prices.

I still can't believe how awful the pro controller d-pad is. The fact that it doesn't balance on some kind of center point and lets you just press the whole damn thing in at once is the kind of oversight I expect to find on some bottom of the barrel 3rd party controller, not an official Nintendo one.

IrishNinja

damn, that hori pad is sharp - wish it somehow had that HD rumble though

and that stick is...damn! SF II aside, wonder which games warrant that? build looks great

RM8

I buy Hori controllers because of their better-than-Sony/Nintendo/MS d-pads. I'm not buying this ;(

Effect

This will be my first fight stick. I've wanted to own one for a while now having played with controllers my entire life. The official Hori site said it would be compatible with Pokken so that's a plus. However it being usable on the PC is the huge positive for me. I want to play more of the fighting games available there like Tekken 7 and maybe Injustice 2 if it comes out.

If I don't like it then Amazon's return policy is pretty good and it goes right back and I'll just be out the cost of a game I wanted to pick up anyway.

Don't need another pro controller. It's price is good and should be if they're pulling out so much of the tech that is in the pro controller. If it was a true d-pad I might have thought about picking on up. Makes me wonder if Nintendo is ever going to offer that option or let anyone offer that option or will they stick with the buttons.

It's probably worth it but $150 is too much for casual me. Waiting to get one of those cheap third-party one that work with PS4 and Xbox One too.

I really wish the Switch supported old controllers as I have two Wii Hori Arcade sticks and a Mad Catz TvC one that I've been using on Wii U (mainly Tekken Tag 2) and Wii stuff (mainly Neo Geo games).

andymcc

Banned
How hard is it to change out the sticks in a Hayabusa? The last hori I bought (PS3, still going strong) had Sanwa parts.

$149 for the fightstick? I'm very tempted, especially if more fighting games make their way onto the system

HRAP going for $150 is the standard MSRP. I own 2 of the PS4 Hayabusas and their EXCELLENT sticks
That being said, on second thought, I'm somewhat tempted to hold off until someone announces more fighters for the Switch. Ol' NeoGeo games and USF2 ain't enough, unfortunately.
PS4Pro is my primary fighting machine at this point (SFV, GG, and T7)

MTC100

Banned
The price is low but the controller is pretty bare bones. I could live with wired but I don't think I will pass on Rumble and not having Gyro is also a strange choice, I can definitely see this being a problem in the future. It's also a shame you can only use it in docked mode as I really enjoy putting my Switch on the kickstand and playing with the Pro Controller, best handheld experience ever.

Chorazin

I get why fightsticks use a wired connection, but for a system like the Switch a bluetooth connection should be an option.

heringer

No NFC? Who cares. No HD rumble? Sure, ok. No gyro? Ehhhh... I can't imagine playing Zelda and Splatoon 2 without gyro.

By the way, is it possible for them to make their own joycons? I hope someone makes one with good shoulder buttons.

Top Bottom