• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

This looks suspiciously fantastic, if you know what I mean....

If you don't know what I mean, I mean I don't believe the final game will look this good on a launch PS4

labaronx

Human enemies!!
Dino riding!!!
Bird and croc robots!!!!!
February 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And like last year sony starts their pre e3 with a bang

Guerrilla Game's technical skill with Fallout: New Vegas' writers and a female protagonist sound like the makings of a perfect game to me.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Again, why were people expecting Sony to throw a big new IP into a holiday season that's inevitably going to be dominated by third-parties and their massive annualized franchises?

Promote through the holiday quarter and cash-in early the following year when competition is less intense.

For something that's been as long a time coming as TLG its not such a big deal as its more a prestige than profit title, but Horizon I'm sure they have high hopes for as a new tentpole franchise.

Applebite

This looks cool, and I don't think the graphics are far fetched. Early 2017 was probably gonna be pretty dry anyway and this year has had tons of good releases, so as far as I'm concerned this is a good thing. I look forward to playing it, and until then, I have plenty of 2016 games to beat.

Slayven

Feb is a good time

Anyone notice the badguys had the universal symbol for the power button tattooed on their arms?

@Wreck

well a little disappointed about this,

was looking forward to a non shooter from GG

oh well

no death threats level though

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Damnnnn this shit looks tooooiiiighhht!

It's better to get the delay announcment out of the way before E3. I'm okay with the delay, the end of year is packed anyway and this will give it some breathing room.

DNAbro

Yup, obviously delayed to 2017. Still closer than I expected though.

Also god damn that trailer was great. I'm so excited to explore this world.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm glad they delayed it, if it's as good as it looks then it's better off having a bit of breathing space early next year, especially as it's a new IP.

I would have expected them to hold a trailer that good for their show, I don't think we need another demo until closer to launch.

This looks suspiciously fantastic, if you know what I mean....

If you don't know what I mean, I mean I don't believe the final game will look this good on a launch PS4

TBF the demo at last years E3 looked absolutely stunning as well, and that was likely a standard PS4.

Auctopus

The aesthetic of this game is so consistent.

Love the boxart and those Alternate outfits in the special editon look great too.

UC4 just released breh.

And this looks as good or better.

Which is my point exactly.

This is full open-world gameplay, which normally means corners have to be cut.

I'd love to be wrong so it looks even better on PS4K/Neo!

TBF the demo at last years E3 looked absolutely stunning as well, and that was likely a standard PS4.

That far from release, it was probably a dev build running on something else than retail hardware.

Top Bottom