• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

Krakn3Dfx

Good looking game, if I was going to upgrade to a Neo, it would be for something like Horizon. I'll still wait to see how it looks/performs on my OG PS4 tho come launch.

Um, so why was the trailer deemed unfit for a showing at e3? Unless we're getting another on-stage demo..

They'll probably do another live demo on stage. This trailer/announcement gives people a week to cool down from the delay rather than showing a cool demo and then having 2017 hit at the end.

I've been expecting a 2017 release for a while. It's been a trend over the past several years now for Sony to position its biggest games for a Q1/Q2 release. Wouldn't be too shocked if it gets a small delay or two into March/April either, similar to what happened with Uncharted 4.

Can't watch the trailer right now, but will check it out later.

That cover art is freakin' gorgeous.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
That far from release, it was probably a dev build running on something else than retail hardware.

Of course, but it's hardly like they will have been running it on a high end PC or something. I'm sure whatever it was was equivalent specs.

Am I the only one getting ENSLAVED vibes from this?

You are not alone, it's the best thing about the game IMO.

Enslaved was ridiculously underrated.

eFKac

Wow that gave me shivers!

Looks fantastic!

Of course called the delay long ago, actually it's a shorter one than I thought it would have been.
assuming it won't be delayed again...

Good looking game, if I was going to upgrade to a Neo, it would be for something like Horizon. I'll still wait to see how it looks/performs on my OG PS4 tho come launch.

Yeah, seriously.

If anyone wants a glimpse at what Neo games look like: this trailer is it.

Elandyll

Banned
Basically just a 2 months delay from where I was hoping (December), so not bad.

Very much looking forward to it, and.. I guess now my most anticipated game of 2017 officially hehe.

Bro... you forgot the CROC!

That croc is awesome

cbfgnh5vboy.gif

Tagg9

Well I see we're looking at our first PS4K graphics.

The color palette and aesthetic is a pretty good match for what Enslaved would have been like this gen, yeah.

First thing I noticed as well. Huge graphical leap from Killzone SF.

I am OK with this but what is actually getting released this November besides Call of Duty/Battlefield?
October/November

Call of duty
Battlefield
Titanfall 2
Mafia 3
Dragon quest builders(poor thing)
Gt sport
Watch dogs 2
For honor ???
South park???
Ghost recon woodlands???
Gravity rush 2???

Etc

Nah your not. It was pretty bad.
Yea it was pretty close to b-movie tier. I'm hoping most of the story isn't told with dialog then. Give us great lore and world building. If you're not going to go all in on quality voice acting then just don't do it.

It's a trailer though, so we'll see how the whole game pans out. If gameplay is strong,'it will be a moot point.

KORNdoggy

hoping the narration is just for the trailer, since the quality of the voice acting is pretty lacklustre and cringe-central... the rest looks great though.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
October/November

Call of duty
Battlefield
Titanfall 2
Mafia 3
Dragon quest builders(poor thing)
Gt sport
Watch dogs 2
For honor ???
South park???
Ghost recon woodlands???
Gravity rush 2???

Etc

Hopefully The Last Guardian will be around then too, IMO there's no way South Park is this year. My money is on the game releasing in March.

Top Bottom