• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Aloy's Journey Trailer, delayed to February 28th, 2017

The gameplay and graphics look amazing, and I like the world they have created.
But the narration the trailer wasn't too great.
I wish I could hear the girls voice narrate more. From the lit a bit they had of her talking it seems like she has got a good VA.

Yeah, honestly, I don't think the writing or dialogue is the problem. That guy's performance just wasn't very convincing. Aloy and the old woman sounded great. It's far too early to judge anything right now, though.

Hey but seriously for a moment, guys.

Do you think this trailer is running on Neo or on launch hardware??

I think it's PS4 footage.
Too many people are underestimating GG's technical chops, I mean look at KZ:SF as a launch game.

They've had time to refine their engine for open world and time to code to the metal on PS4 for years.
I don't see why this footage can't be from the hardware we have now looking at games like UC4, Infamous SS and Until Dawn (used KZ:SF engine).

OléGunner;206056211 said:
I think it's PS4 footage.
Too many people are underestimating GG's technical chops, I mean look at KZ:SF as a launch game.

They've had time to refine their engine for open world and time to code to the metal on PS4 for years.
I don't see why this footage can't be from the hardware we have now looking at games like UC4, Infamous SS and Until Dawn (used KZ:SF engine).
I was joking, but thanks for your reply nonetheless, brother.

DieH@rd

Banned
Hey but seriously for a moment, guys.

Do you think this trailer is running on Neo or on launch hardware??

"Launching February 28, 2017, Horizon Zero Dawn is an exhilarating new open-world action role playing game exclusively for the PlayStation 4 System, developed by the award winning Guerrilla Games, creators of PlayStation’s venerated Killzone franchise."

They are not gonna promote clearly marked "PS4" footage as Neo when Neo is not announced. They are a public company, they can not only get sued for that but their stock price can fluctuate if shareholders start believing that Sony is decieving its customers.

This is stock PS4 footage, probably majority from some cinematic sequences so that IQ can be maximized [but I don't expect gameplay to look much worse].

The gameplay and graphics look amazing, and I like the world they have created.
But the narration the trailer wasn't too great.
I wish I could hear the girls voice narrate more. From the lit a bit they had of her talking it seems like she has got a good VA.

I agree with that, her VA was great.

it has to be. Ps4K's existence still isn't public knowledge.

Doesn't mean they aren't already developing for it!

If this is Stock PS4 that means two things (imo):

- PS4 is able of such amazing graphics that I'm honestly satisfied until the next gen comes around
- My dreams are coming true. I already said this with Uncharted 4, but Post-Apocalyptic Dinobots with these graphics? Yeah, my dreams are really coming true.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I think I've finally pinpointed why this game is so exciting to me. It recaptures the feeling JRPG worlds used to instill in me as a kid from the SNES, PS1, and PS2 days.

Doesn't mean they aren't already developing for it!.
of course, that could totally be true but if they're showing off Ps4K footage without even being fully transparent of the notion then it's going to make a lot people disappointed and confused who are looking forward to the original game, expecting these graphics. Myself included (if I even still am playing games by then).

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
You can change what you're wearing.

Yeah, here are a couple other appearances they've shown available in the collector's edtion:

horizon-ce2.jpg

Yeah, here are a couple other appearances they've shown available in the collector's edtion:
Well those outfits are definitely more striking. It does make me wonder if they are going to run into issues from people, with the cast seeming to be tribes of white people in native inspired clothing with feathers and stuff.

Um... no, GG did not hire any W3 writer.

edit: ooops, can`t merge, sorry.

Before I even realised you were from CDPR, I was gonna say, the talent they've taken from CDPR is really limited and really widely overtalked. I feel everyone thinks they've got a bunch of CDPR folks that have jump ship.

RPG's don't showcase the Dialogue trees in reveals lol. Not ME, not the witcher, Combat is a huge part of RPG's. Game is not out until 2017...lots of time for story info and other aspects.
this is not a reveal trailer, this is like the third trailer/showcase we've seen so far, I'm only concerned because the developer has no history of making RPGs, yes, yes, we need to wait for E3, but after that if we still not see anything else I think we can start drawing some conclusions

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
this is not a reveal trailer, this is like the third trailer/showcase we've seen so far, I'm only concerned because the developer has no history of making RPGs, yes, yes, we need to wait for E3, but after that if we still not see anything else I think we can start drawing some conclusions
We'll probably get a shortened demo onstage and some coverage of a long demo during the show. I'm guessing they showed this now so they can focus on gameplay at the conference.

Famassu

We have absolutely nothing to be concerned about just because we haven't seen a lot of the game almost 9 months before release, especially when the devs have continuously claimed that this is a proper RPG with the kinds of RPG systems you'd expect from RPGs (probably somewhat streamlined, this won't be some Baldur's Gate). Hype machines don't usually start gearing up until 4-6 months before release. Before that it's not atypical to see trailers that show very narrow glimpses of games (i.e. only some short combat sequence and a little bit of story).

Impressive how it's on the same level of Until Dawn even though the game had a fixed camera angle, sometimes choppy performance. I love the eye shader Until dawn implemented, and now looks like Horizon is using it too!

gcmcw26x3si0.png

vlcsnap-2016-06-06-22vcsjo.png

vlcsnap-2016-06-06-226uszk.png

Drifters

Gotta say, delay it to get it right. This game is going to sell millions. Cannot wait to play it and experience the story.

Also, I'm guessing the end of the game will have an Easter Egg that the world became this way due to the Helghast

Famassu

Why does anyone put kids in games? Why does anyone put kids in movies and TV? They can barely ever act.
There are tons of talented child actors in the world. And children are a part of any believable setting + often things that happen in people's childhood affect their personal growth & development as people, so there's plenty of justification to include child characters/show main characters in their childhood in fiction.

Really, adult people who complain about children are far more annoying than any (non-spoiled brat) child has ever been.

Top Bottom