• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Leaked CAULDRON Screenshots [Spoilers Warning]

Styles

I cannot BELIEVE this is an open world game.

gret.gif

lcap

In The clip i have seen, she mistimed the jump and there is not autograbbing from ten foot distance sort of thing , that is what i am talking about.

:p

Hey vivek, sorry if this has already been answered but has the leaked ending and the leaked post-ending already been debunked? If yes, by whom?

Gudji

Hey vivek, sorry if this has already been answered but has the leaked ending and the leaked post-ending already been debunked? If yes, by whom?

Guy that wrote the game guide, said the leak wasn't particulary accurate and you would have to finish the game to find out the truth. He also said he enjoyed the game quite a bit (but he might be biased). It's a guy who writes guides for dark souls, I forgot is name.

vivekTO

Its sort of debunked, no one actually addressed it directly , But things like these are proved to be fake
1. Flying mount : there are none , confirmed by Game director.
2. No NG+ or choice ending : again confirmed by the Game director , no NG+ and you can continue after main story which means the choice will not exist in that scenario.
3. Completion time : Again Director said it is comparable to recent Rpgs and looking at the content and collectibles, i don't think its true.

So 90% the "Ending leak" is fake. 10% might be true because
I created the thread :p

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Its sort of debunked, no one actually addressed it directly , But things like these are proved to be fake
1. Flying mount : there are none , confirmed by Game director.
2. No NG+ or choice ending : again confirmed by the Game director , no NG+ and you can continue after main story which means the choice will not exist in that scenario.
3. Completion time : Again Director said it is comparable to recent Rpgs and looking at the content and collectibles, i don't think its true.

So 90% the "Ending leak" is fake. 10% might be true because
I created the thread :p

Seems it's necessary to make a thread clarify fake news and embargo lift date?

vivekTO

Seems it's necessary to make a thread clarify fake news and embargo lift date?

Embargo Lift date has already a thread, I think? And no the leaks are still Leaks, You can't be 100% sure that they are fake or not.I mean i am still looking for a flying mount, Lets just wait for the Release and we can discuss it in Spoiler threads.

See there is still hope

It's so matrixy

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Embargo Lift date has already a thread, I think? And no the leaks are still Leaks, You can't be 100% sure that they are fake or not.I mean i am still looking for a flying mount, Lets just wait for the Release and we can discuss it in Spoiler threads.

See there is still hope
No dedicated thread yet

I can see the
thunderjaw or stormbird being controllable in very specific scenarios but not otherwise.
every hack has to have a utility , part of that process is the ease of hacking them.
the above are likely going to be cumbersome as hell to hack, IF, thats is, and theyre gonna come with a 5 second rush of stomping everything before you even see them.

Tyaren

These screens look amazing. Are these Pro Screens?
One thing though...there is pretty poor anisotropic filtering though. Textures in the distance and at oblique angles are really blurry. :/

vivekTO

These screens look amazing. Are These Pro Screens?
One thing though...there is pretty poor anisotropic filtering though. Textures in the distance and at oblique angles are really blurry. :/

Confirmed by the poster that it is Base ps4.
Also pro has higher AF settings.

No any other sources , they are still hosted by them , if you need i will rehost them to imgur.
Cauldron_01
Cauldron_02

All 26 machines?? Is tremplar also leaked, i hope i am remembering the name correctly, give me a link to it than!

There are 26 machines in the game? That's awesome. My worry was there would be like 8 or something. So many games where there are too little of thte good stuff.

keraj37

This is the best graphics I've seen this gen. No wonder Kojima chose their engine. This is astonishing.

What engine?

And are you serious? This looks like stylized a'la Witcher 3 visuals, nothing impressive these days.

For me after seeing and playing Battlefront on PC with ultra settings, nothing looks great anymore... unless it will match that quality or go beyond it.

Tyaren

Confirmed by the poster that it is Base ps4.
Also pro has higher AF settings.

Nice IQ for base PS4 then. I guess these are photomode images?

Poor texture filtering really is a problem this generation. I hope the Pro version has better filtering in 4K mode.

vivekTO

What engine?

And are you serious? This looks like stylized a'la Witcher 3 visuals, nothing impressive these days.

For me after seeing and playing Battlefront on PC with ultra settings, nothing looks great anymore... unless it will match that quality or go beyond it.

Guys, calm down, its ok , everyone has its own opinion.
we will talk about the graphics later when the game will released .

Nice IQ for base PS4 then. I guess these are photomode images?

Poor texture filtering really is a problem this generation. I hope the Pro version has better filtering in 4K mode.

Yup These are Photomode Versions , that is confirmed. But what is not confirmed is that the Photomode increase the IQ Like other games.

What engine?

Decima.

Yeah I'm sure the poster in question is serious - Horizon Zero Dawn is graphically the most impressive open world game I have ever seen.

martino

Decima.

Yeah I'm sure the poster in question is serious - Horizon Zero Dawn is graphically the most impressive open world game I have ever seen.

find a friend with a good pc then.
wildlands releasing near same time will give you > iq and scale and less streaming / popin.
and that, even if da is one of the poorest (imo) because DA has nothing to do with graphics.

wildlands releasing near same time will give you > iq and scale and less streaming / popin.
and that, even if da is one of the poorest (imo) because DA has nothing to do with graphics.

What am I supposed to take away from this?

What engine?

It's the Decima engine, basically Guerrilla's own, which was used to make Killzone: SF and also used for Until Dawn, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and the upcoming Kojima game Death Stranding. It seems like a pretty versatile engine and it looks fantastic.

BigEmil

Horizon ZD is a much more technical feat than Wildlands on any platform including PC. Horizon ZD graphics beats the other open world games in amount of polygons on screen the gfx and animations of everything and high quality foliage density not rubbish string like grass found in The Witcher 3 or Wildlands, the character models etcetc.
What Guerrilla Games achieved with this open world game despite on a old 2013 premade console hardware is insane. Funny how you have to goto a 'good PC' to try find a comparable technical piece of open world game to a $300 console since you can't even find a game like this on a same price PC even at $400 then the PS4 Pro beats that too further, the insecurity from some PC fanboys is pretty sad tbh

martino

Horizon ZD is a much more technical feat than Wildlands on any platform including PC. Horizon ZD graphics beats the other open world games in amount of polygons on screen the gfx and animations of everything and high quality foliage density not rubbish string like grass found in The Witcher 3 or Wildlands, the character models etcetc.
What Guerrilla Games achieved with this open world game despite on a old 2013 premade console hardware is insane. Funny how you have to goto a 'good PC' to try find a comparable technical piece of open world game to a $300 console since you can't even find a game like this on a same price PC even at $400 then the PS4 Pro beats that too further, the insecurity from some PC fanboys is pretty sad tbh

yeah i'm a fanboy and i'm insecure...it's why i'm the one speaking of things with no relation with graphics, making false claims (or lacking knowledge of how things are elsewhere), providing hardware excuses ....
fyi i have a ps4 pro and i'm not tied to a platform with wish to make it the best.
i just stay on facts with no conditions and excuses.
Better hardware push better graphics solution at better scale.
And horizon or any exclusive so far(look for pop in /streaming etc... with neutral eye (plz) on ign brazil video ) can't do enougth magic to cover the differences with middle/high end pc hardware.

That don't remove the achievement on the hardware...but it's only true in check with it.

Better hardware push better graphics solution at better scale.
And horizon or any exclusive so far(look for pop in /streaming etc... with neutral eye (plz) on ign brazil video ) can't do enougth magic to cover the differences with middle/high end pc hardware.

That don't remove the achievement on the hardware...but it's only true in check with it.

Horizon looks like it's doing some pretty good "magic" to me and is doing a pretty damn good job of putting out graphics that are very comparable to a decent PC, when it comes to having decent draw distance ect. It might not be the best ever but it looks like it has a great balance, considering the highly detailed graphics and open world nature of the game, it's doing the technical stuff very well.

I own a PC myself (i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070) so I know what your saying can be true but it can also depend on the game too. I'm currently still playing The Witcher 3 at the moment (Ultra settings) and Horizon certainly doesn't look bad in comparison and is in fact very comparable.

martino

Horizon looks like it's doing some pretty good "magic" to me and is doing a pretty damn good job of putting out graphics that are very comparable to a decent PC, when it comes to having decent draw distance ect. It might not be the best ever but it looks like it has a great balance, considering the highly detailed graphics and open world nature of the game, it's doing the technical stuff very well.

I own a PC myself (i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 1070) so I know what your saying can be true but it can also depend on the game too. I'm currently still playing The Witcher 3 at the moment (Ultra settings) and Horizon certainly doesn't look bad in comparison and is in fact very comparable.

Please let not be binary 'not best' =/= 'bad'. it can be really good without being the best (even more when you consider the hardware).
And i see that since you have a good pc (no sony avatared profile) 'the best graphics' transforms in good balance comparable to decent pc. That was my point.

Top Bottom