• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Leaked CAULDRON Screenshots [Spoilers Warning]

Krakin

OK at this point I think someone should make a embargo lift date thread. The question keeps coming up over and over.

vivekTO

In one screenshot , one of the machine might be Snapmaw, so is it something like chalice dungeons where all machines will be at some level by level , with one boss fight at the end of that level.
Sorry i haven't played Bloodborne , but just watched some details.

Svejk

Now if they can leak some pics of armor and accessories for her that match the sci-fi setting, we'll be talking. Not digging the cavegirl gear much.

Tyaren

I might be getting this game tomorrow...anything I should find out for y'all?

Do you have a Pro by chance? If so, then It would be awesome if you took a look at how the game runs and looks on Pro and what modes there are. Just a 4K mode or also a 1080p mode with improved graphics? And what exactly is improved of course.

Let them keep doing it. It only helps Horizon by being associated with it.

I see what you're saying but, it also promotes a weird "Us Versus Them" mentality amongst the forum. Both titles are trying different approaches to the open world archetype of game design. Both can be good for different reasons. No need to put them in a console warrior battle against each other. Not saying you are doing this at all! Just wish for both games to be able to coexist and be celebrated for their unique positive qualities. I, for one, will be playing both this year and look forward to each for different reasons. ]

On topic, the cauldrons look really great. Not at all what I had pictured in my mind but I'm excited to dig into them. I like that they aren't trying to ape Zelda's dungeons with these and are going for their own gameplay flavor. Like some other posters in here, I hope the platforming proves difficult during these sections.

The Lamp

Do you have a Pro by chance? If so, then It would be awesome if you took a look at how the game runs and looks on Pro and what modes there are. Just a 4K mode or also a 1080p mode with improved graphics? And what exactly is improved of course.

I do have a pro, but just a 1080p tv.

Tyaren

I do have a pro, but just a 1080p tv.

That's fine. :)
There was confusion if there was:
a) Just a 4K mode (which will be downsampled on HDTVs) plus better shadows and anisotropic filtering.

b) A 4K mode (which will be downsampled on HDTVs) but without any other improvements and a 1080p mode with better shadows and anisotropic filtering.

You could give us clarification regarding that no matter what TV you have.

1.)Is it really a RPG?
2.)How many trees?
3.)Are Aloy's hands an appropriate size?
4.)How much of a Ubisoft game is this Ubisoft game?

I see what you're saying but, it also promotes a weird "Us Versus Them" mentality amongst the forum. Both titles are trying different approaches to the open world archetype of game design. Both can be good for different reasons. No need to put them in a console warrior battle against each other. Not saying you are doing this at all! Just wish for both games to be able to coexist and be celebrated for their unique positive qualities. I, for one, will be playing both this year and look forward to each for different reasons. ]

On topic, the cauldrons look really great. Not at all what I had pictured in my mind but I'm excited to dig into them. I like that they aren't trying to ape Zelda's dungeons with these and are going for their own gameplay flavor. Like some other posters in here, I hope the platforming proves difficult during these sections.
Oh, absolutely. I agree with you. I just know others are going to do it regardless.

1) Do machines interact with eachother out in the wild?
2) Is the combat as good as it's been said?
3) Is the world interesting to explore?
4) The pacing more story-driven than the usual open world game?

Kaizer

Banned
First time hearing about/seeing cauldrons in Horizon, so what are these exactly? Are they basically like the challenge tombs in Rise of the Tomb Raider?

1486906534676.png

the pic cries for Tauren yelling "For High Mountain!"

I've been paying attention to all the media coming through on this game, and for a console experience it looks pretty good.

Sure it's Faux-K, but at this point the vast majority of HDTV owners aren't even capable of viewing its highest resolution. And I don't think that Sony is attempting to lure anyone away from Mid/High-end PC gaming with the PS4 Pro. I've personally been gaming in true 4K at home (rendering native 5K), so seeing games like this actually just reinforces my decision to move away from consoles. To each their own, though, some people don't care about that sort of difference in visual fidelity. And at the end of the day, gameplay matters every bit as much.

But 1-2 years from now the landscape will certainly change. And I'm quite curious to see how PS4 Pro games stack up to what Project Scorpio will be capable of bringing at that point.

I've been paying attention to all the media coming through on this game, and for a console experience it looks pretty good.

Sure it's Faux-K, but at this point the vast majority of HDTV owners aren't even capable of viewing its highest resolution. And I don't think that Sony is attempting to lure anyone away from Mid/High-end PC gaming with the PS4 Pro. I've personally been gaming in true 4K at home (rendering native 5K), so seeing games like this actually just reinforces my decision to move away from consoles. To each their own, though, some people don't care about that sort of difference in visual fidelity. And at the end of the day, gameplay matters every bit as much.

But 1-2 years from now the landscape will certainly change. And I'm quite curious to see how PS4 Pro games stack up to what Project Scorpio will be capable of bringing at that point.

Does it matter? these games still have to run on base hardware so you're not getting a huge leap in graphics on a Scorpio.

find a friend with a good pc then.
wildlands releasing near same time will give you > iq and scale and less streaming / popin.
and that, even if da is one of the poorest (imo) because DA has nothing to do with graphics.

I haven't seen the final product running on my PS4 Pro and 4k hdr tv yet but I have a beast rig and I'm having a hard time coming with a game (open world or not) that looks as good as Horizon ZD right now.

VanWinkle

What are the similarities to Zelda that invite such constant comparisons? Besides being an open world game and an RPG?

Releasing near the same time.
Both exclusives.
Both very ambitious for a first-party title.
Both have a focus on nature mixed with technology.
Both have dungeons.

There's a lot different about them, but they are similar enough at face value.

I haven't seen the final product running on my PS4 Pro and 4k hdr tv yet but I have a beast rig and I'm having a hard time coming with a game (open world or not) that looks as good as Horizon ZD right now.

Yeah, I also disagree with him. Witcher doesn't look as impressive as this overall on any platform...I think that is pretty unequivocal. [And I think W3 looks totally awesome by the way]

spannicus

Yeah, I also disagree with him. Witcher doesn't look as impressive as this overall on any platform...I think that is pretty unequivocal. [And I think W3 looks totally awesome by the way]
Whhaaaattt? The Witcher 3 on pc at 1440p looks amazing even more so in 4k. Dont get too hyped up heheh. Graphically Horizon looks awesome but i dont think its gonna touch the level of detail on W3 PC.

MaKTaiL

I'm seeing more similarities with FFXV Open World than Zelda/Witcher/Far Cry.

• Towns and settlements to get quests
  • Huge open world to kill monsters
  • Hidden dungeons to explore

I'm seeing more similarities with FFXV Open World than Zelda/Witcher/Far Cry.

• Towns and settlements to get quests
  • Huge open world to kill monsters
  • Hidden dungeons to explore
I hope this isn't true...ffxv's world was boring af, horizon on the other hand looks amazingly fun.

Whhaaaattt? The Witcher 3 on pc at 1440p looks amazing even more so in 4k. Dont get too hyped up heheh. Graphically Horizon looks awesome but i dont think its gonna touch the level of detail on W3 PC.

^ This. Witcher 3 on PC is drop dead gorgeous. Alternative take for me though, everything I've seen of Horizon looks more impressive to me than my time with W3. Largely due to the cohesiveness of the world and art design. Though there are definitely areas in Witcher 3, that if that level of fidelity and art design was consistently applied to the entire game would elevate that games visuals considerably.

Top Bottom