• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Game is out in the wild here in Egypt
16711506_1214444008663076_5563579812161563715_n.jpg

16649445_1214444245329719_5579682345742482924_n.jpg

Damn son, this store is right next to me.

Dat steelbook HNGGGGG.

Wooo will have my copy when I get out of work. So some background info on me so you kind of know what I like and don't like (I find it important to know if your tastes align with the person giving impressions). Zelda is my favorite game franchise because to me it's the best formula in gaming. I like action mixed with exploration and puzzles. Action is usually my favorite part of games, just messing around with gameplay systems, this is why MGS is also one of my favorite series.

For open world games GTA is my favorite, I enjoy a good Ubisoft game as well. I know witcher is now the new standard of open world games but I think it's overrated. Stories are good, they should not be the focus, I found the gameplay of witcher to be too simple and stiff; most missions followed the exact same boring structure. I do appreciate the amazing world they created and how good the story was but that's not what I really enjoy in games.

So I am hoping for a game with interesting dynamic combat. A game with good variety in missions, enemies, bosses. I am hoping there is some platforming and puzzles somewhere in the game.

I take my time so I won't fly through it in a weekend or anything. I will probably be avoiding the spoiler thread as I don't want to know what happens through the game. I will try to give the best spoiler free impressions I can.

Oh and I only have a regular PS4 so these will be non pro impressions.

vivekTO

So some Sites reporting that the Game has huge Day one patch "16GB" according To our "magician" gaffer. I thought he only meant the pre load thing , did he talked about any patch?

Wooo will have my copy when I get out of work. So some background info on me so you kind of know what I like and don't like (I find it important to know if your tastes align with the person giving impressions). Zelda is my favorite game franchise because to me it's the best formula in gaming. I like action mixed with exploration and puzzles. Action is usually my favorite part of games, just messing around with gameplay systems, this is why MGS is also one of my favorite series.

For open world games GTA is my favorite, I enjoy a good Ubisoft game as well. I know witcher is now the new standard of open world games but I think it's overrated. Stories are good, they should not be the focus, I found the gameplay of witcher to be too simple and stiff; most missions followed the exact same boring structure. I do appreciate the amazing world they created and how good the story was but that's not what I really enjoy in games.

So I am hoping for a game with interesting dynamic combat. A game with good variety in missions, enemies, bosses. I am hoping there is some platforming and puzzles somewhere in the game.

I take my time so I won't fly through it in a weekend or anything. I will probably be avoiding the spoiler thread as I don't want to know what happens through the game. I will try to give the best spoiler free impressions I can.

Oh and I only have a regular PS4 so these will be non pro impressions.
Great to hear. Looking forward to your thoughts

Adryuu

I'm getting my copy within the next couple of hours.
I asked in the other thread but I'm taking requests for things people want me to find out for them.
I'll also give spoiler free impressions. I've avoided almost all media since E3 so I'm pretty fresh into this game.

Also, if I finish the game before release, if you want me to sell it to you, let me know. It's the pictured Latin American version but it plays fine in English.

Nice, you got a pro or a base?

At least Wesker is giving base impressions sometime so we're good. And I'm fine with tastes.

But more base ps4 impressions is good. The more, the merrier, the less omgearlycopybbq syndrome.

Why did I just go through every page of this thread...

IF YOU JUST ARRIVED IN THIS THREAD: there are no impressions here for you to read. Wait another 10 hours as people who have copies have yet to actually start playing them. Give them time to not only play the game but also to collect their thoughts and then share them.

https://twitter.com/MrMuselk/status/831784166735884288

Muselk Verified account
‏@MrMuselk

Horizon Zero dawn giving out review copies 3 weeks before global release! Now THAT is the sign of a good game.

Tobias Öjerfalk ‏@tejbz 9h9 hours ago

@MrMuselk I played it. I want to talk about it but I cant. But you know!
1 reply 0 retweets 5 likes
Muselk ‏@MrMuselk 8h8 hours ago

@tejbz blink if it was good
1 reply 0 retweets 12 likes
Tobias Öjerfalk ‏@tejbz 8h8 hours ago

@MrMuselk
C4sjwVfWEAA-v5s.jpg

lonerism

Muselk Verified account
‏@MrMuselk

Horizon Zero dawn giving out review copies 3 weeks before global release! Now THAT is the sign of a good game.

@MrMuselk
C4sjwVfWEAA-v5s.jpg

new-york-flavor-of-love-crying-o.gif

Why did I just go through every page of this thread...

IF YOU JUST ARRIVED IN THIS THREAD: there are no impressions here for you to read. Wait another 10 hours as people who have copies have yet to actually start playing them. Give them time to not only play the game but also to collect their thoughts and then share them.
Thought we'd get impressions earlier. Considering this has basically become general discussion in the meantime, I'm thinking I'll merge it with the preview thread and then try again once more who have the game here start playing

Thoughts?

Thought we'd get impressions earlier. Considering this has basically become general discussion in the meantime, I'm thinking I'll merge it with the preview thread and then try again once more who have the game here start playing

Thoughts?

I think thats a good idea. And if you could post some snippets of the impressions in the OP that would be great too!

Thoughts?
You could also lock it I guess and ask for PMs for those willing to post impressions. Then unlock it, ???, and profit.

I'm fine either way. I love refreshing the thread and seeing the impatient people losing it, but I understand this is pretty much off rails now.

Muselk Verified account
‏@MrMuselk

@MrMuselk
C4sjwVfWEAA-v5s.jpg

Only half a full blink.

5/10 confirmed.
/s

Loudninja

Thoughts?
This could just be the general thread with impressions going to turn that way anyway :p

Sure its Horizon?
The day he tweeted that he couldn't wait to download the review was when Horizon codes were sent out. I haven't heard anything about Zelda being out and I think that will be reviewed on the Switch anyway.

We need a confirmation that there is a inteo sequence upon booting up the game to be sure though.

Sure its Horizon?

Vince talked about swiftly redeeming a review code around the time that Horizon's review code was being sent out to the press.

Considering that there's no other games-for-review in recent months that would trigger that kind of response, it's more likely than not Horizon.

Wedzi

Banned
Sure its Horizon?

It's Halo Wars 2 obviously.

Does Vince usually review PlayStation games? Since IGN kind of got rid of specific platform "teams" it's hard to tell who's playing what when they give vague impressions of a game under NDA, unless it's Ryan McCaffrey

Loudninja

The day he tweeted that he couldn't wait to download the review was when Horizon codes were sent out. I haven't heard anything about Zelda being out and I think that will be reviewed on the Switch anyway.

We need a confirmation that there is a inteo sequence upon booting up the game to be sure though.
Oh yeah I remember now yeah its Horizon then.

FelipeMGM

Sure its Horizon?

I believe there is, its content is on the spoiler filled thread

Top Bottom