• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Rien

Jelly Belly
Yeah. I am all in for a more linear experience with a great story and beautiful world then one of these packed games with a shit ton to do. Had enough of the latter last years and forgot about most of them tbh. The boredom kick in pretty hard fast in most open world games for me.

Some GAF members either already have the game or might have it soon, but the thread kind of twisted into being another general Horizon discussion thread in the meantime

Ahh okay, thanks for the update. If we do get some comprehensive impressions could you possibly post one in the OP so people like me can avoid some potential spoiler land mines? Either way looking forward to some impressions!

Elandyll

Banned
1GGUzUU.jpg

I just wanna know if GG is corny enough to make Aloy actually being a machine the whole time the plot twist. I'm going to throw a fit if that's the big reveal at the end.

Absolutely cannot wait to immerse myself in this single player game. Perfect compliment to my multiplayer shenanigans in Rocket League. And based on how long it takes me to play games to completion this will be more than enough to hold me over until the fall when I can finally get in on the Switch and Zelda.

Hey, Gaffers with early copies, we created this thread just to honor your impressions of the game and you keep us waiting like this?
Bit rude if you ask me!

I have an idea!

Someone who doesn't care about spoilers: go into the spoiler thread and un-spoiler the spoilers to give us spoiler-free impressions.

Boom.

I have an idea!

Someone who doesn't care about spoilers: go into the spoiler thread and un-spoiler the spoilers to give us spoiler-free impressions.

Boom.

I'm pretty sure there aren't spoiler impressions either. So far only one person seems to be playing the game and didn't have much time to play it.

Tigress

Yeah. I am all in for a more linear experience with a great story and beautiful world then one of these packed games with a shit ton to do. Had enough of the latter last years and forgot about most of them tbh. The boredom kick in pretty hard fast in most open world games for me.

Ugh. I'm not. I hate linear games. Even with good stories and a short length I always end up getting bored within 75% of the game (and seeing as they are usually 10-20 hour affairs that's pitiful). Where as a good open world can last me 100 hours or more (if it lasts me 50 hours it was pretty mediocre).

Some of us actually don't like linear games believe it or not. For me I think being forced to go at the games pacing hurts (rather than go do what I want when I want) and also usually they are very limited in what you can do (they focus on one gameplay aspect so that's all you do in the game. Gets boring quick when I can't go do some different stuff to break things up).

Rien

Jelly Belly
Ugh. I'm not. I hate linear games. Even with good stories and a short length I always end up getting bored within 75% of the game (and seeing as they are usually 10-20 hour affairs that's pitiful). Where as a good open world can last me 100 hours or more (if it lasts me 50 hours it was pretty mediocre).

Some of us actually don't like linear games believe it or not. For me I think being forced to go at the games pacing hurts (rather than go do what I want when I want) and also usually they are very limited in what you can do (they focus on one gameplay aspect so that's all you do in the game. Gets boring quick when I can't go do some different stuff to break things up).

Fair enough. But you misjudged me a bit by saying i dont know that people dont like linear games tho.
Nothing in my post suggested that and besides that i said i would not have problems with a more linear experience and not a total linear experience. More isn't always better imo.

No offense ofc :)

Tanston

I wanna see performance on the slim I wanna play Horizon and FFXII so I don't need a pro.

This is my concern as well. If the fame rate is inconsistent on the slim i'm not gonna risk it. I seem to get bad motion sickness with an unsteady frame rate these days.

Luigiv

There goes the myth of the 20 hour game,

Weren't the rumours something along the lines of 20 hour main quest, 40/50 hours to 100%? If so, that quote would seem to validate that claim (I'm assuming he saw the end credits with those figures).

Not that I'm complaining, overall sounds like a good length to me, given what we now about the size of the world and the number of enemy types. No need for bloat.

ironcreed

Banned
I will be playing it on a slim and am sure it will be fine. I can handle a few dips here and there, but I am not expecting a title this big to suffer that many issues.

Loudninja

Weren't the rumours something along the lines of 20 hour main quest, 40/50 hours to 100%? If so, that quote would seem to validate that claim (I'm assuming he saw the end credits with those figures).

Not that I'm complaining, overall sounds like a good length to me, given what we now about the size of the world and the number of enemy types. No need for bloat.
5 hours off how does that work?

Not one thing as been right.

Is this thread safe from spoilers? Have we gotten some impressions yet? I want some impressions but I'm scared to scroll through I saw a lot of spoiler bars.. :-(

Someone said they're 54 hours into the game and they'd give it 25 (presumably out of 100), so things aren't looking good.

Tyaren

I hope he is talking about the main campaign. :) 25 hours in, just 54% completed.
I seem to be in the minority but I like my open world RPGs long and full of quality content. ;)
Linear action adventures I'm fine with 20-30 hours.

The Lamp

I'm getting my copy within the next couple of hours.
I asked in the other thread but I'm taking requests for things people want me to find out for them.
I'll also give spoiler free impressions. I've avoided almost all media since E3 so I'm pretty fresh into this game.

Also, if I finish the game before release, if you want me to sell it to you, let me know. It's the pictured Latin American version but it plays fine in English.

Loudninja

I asked in the other thread but I'm taking requests for things people want me to find out for them.
I'll also give spoiler free impressions. I've avoided almost all media since E3 so I'm pretty fresh into this game.
Thanks!

Rien

Jelly Belly
I hope he is talking about the main campaign. :) 25 hours in, just 54% completed.
I seem to be in the minority but I like my open world RPGs long and full of quality content. ;)

Nah. I think i am in the minority by not having a problem with having the opposite. I think the majority wants a beefy 100+ hour rpg.. and you guys are right.

Also, if I finish the game before release, if you want me to sell it to you, let me know. It's the pictured Latin American version but it plays fine in English.

Yes! Eagerly awaiting your impressions.

Top Bottom