• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn sales (sell-through) Exceed 2.6 Million (2 weeks), DLC teased

Great job and great game GG..

Not surprised considering still a bunch on my friends list still playing the game (great for single layer only) and was sold out at Amazon US for about a week.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is what the new Terminator movies should have been. Hope they continue with the same lead character on future games.

Both numbers are incorrect.

The first is from that banned sales site.
The second is a shipment number. Horizon is a sales number.

how is Forbes a banned site?

The Last of Us has sold 3.4 million units worldwide in its first three works according to Sony SNE

Earlier this year we reported that the game was also the number one launch of the year, moving 1.3 million units in its first week.

so it...already outsold killzone shadow fall?

although we haven't had sales numbers for that game since around when it launched with the Ps4

jmaine_ph

Sony showing once again that releasing their big games in Q1/Q2 and partnering with 3rd parties for the Holiday Season is a great formula for success.

Lime

Absolutely stunning and breathtaking experience for me. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, console games this generation.

void666

Banned
Well deserved. One of the best new IPs. Excited to see DLC and an eventual sequel.

BUT i hope someday they give killzone another chance.

AngryMoth

Awesome, really happy for them since it's a great game and new IPs like this are good for the industry. Guess they will clear 5 mil lifetimes sales easily.

Also good to see a AAA game with a well designed female protagonist be a big hit, good counterpoint for all the executives who their games need a 30-something white dude as the lead otherwise they won't sell.

congrats GG, now do we want the sequel to be on PS4(possibly crossgen with PS5) or do we want it to be PS5 exclusive. Horizon 2 visual made only for PS5 is gonna be ridiculous.

AndersK

Well goddamn deserved. The game is impossibly good all things considered. Even the narrative is amazing. What are the odds?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Good--it's a fantastic game.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
wevrHpt.png

One of the best games i have ever played got my platinum on the game 2 days ago.. big congrats to everyone that worked on this game

RocknRola

Story expansion! SO IN! Can't wait! :3

Congrats to GG for the awesome game, sales and especially the many hours of joy they've given us with this one!

Raven117

Gold Member
I tell ya....It is one hell of a time to be picking up a controller.

Guerrilla hit it out of the park with this game. While I thought it would be good, it really has exceeded expectations.

You can really start to feel the open world space take that next step from last generation.

In the ps3/xbox generation, Bethesda ruled the roost with open world rpgs (and to an extent Bioware...but not "exactly" the same...regardless). Assassins Creed as well (though not RPG); Far Cry,

Now, CDProjectRed and the master class Witcher 3 showing engaging writing and world building.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Showing mammoth steps in combat and visuals.

Zelda BotW: Demonstrating how to interact with the world in a variety of ways.

These seem to be pushing forward in big big ways what we can expect in open worlds.

Im very curious to see what Rockstar does with Red Dead and GTA. While GTAV still holds up well (and not a direct competitor), the influence will surely be felt.

Bethesda IMO needs to re-imagine their formula. Fallout 4 felt tired and old.

Exciting times to be gaming that's for sure.

Hero

Awesome to hear. Love love love the concept of Horizon and will play it probably after Persona 5, don't want to do it right next to Zelda. Have the CE at home still sealed in the box.

Dr.JayP

Huge congrats to everyone at Guerilla Games.

I just started this a couple of weeks ago, and it is by far the most refreshing and novel game I've played in a long time. I also love how diverse and progressive the cast for this game is.

I was skeptical, the Killzone games have always been mediocre IMO. But my word, Horizon seems to be the game where GG finally found their legs. Looking forward to more fantastic stuff from them.

RootCause

Absolutely stunning and breathtaking experience for me. Definitely one of the best, if not the best, console games this generation.
In my opinion, it's the best new ip of this generation, and quite possibly the best in the last 10 years. Even ahead of TLOU, Gears, Uncharted.

For me it's top two, 1a and 1b For best game of the generation. And it's in my top games of all times.

I've been playing this game every spare minute I have. Which isn't a lot, but I'm really enjoying it. Playing on hard is a damn good challenge. Fun combat. Gorgeous world. Wee bit of open world repetitiveness, but it's not hindering my experience too much.

Glad to see it's doing well. I'll gladly take some DLC =)

Top Bottom