• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Machines Videos

I just look at a "tell" as an easy out, especially if they are not varied in deployment. Looking at most of those tells, they are straight line fire as if they were on a rope.
An easy out for what? In a game like DMC or Dark Souls, each attack will have the same tell every time. Does that mean those games are using easy outs?

Tells and telegraphs for attacks encourage timing, precision, and skill. It means you can size up the enemies you're facing, plan in the heat of the moment, and react accordingly

jdstorm

Banned
I stopped watching when that dude... Lincoln I think? Was caught... it was a season finale but I don't remember which season... I lost interest after that... does it get better?

Im not caught up. So i cant give you an acurate up to date take, but basically

S1 Teen Drama mostly focuses on the initial 100 Final few episodes introduce a new big bad group. Edit: sounds like you stopped watching here.

S2 focuses more on the multiple factions fighting and Allying with eachother. The .gif probably comes from the S2 Finale where there is a giant battle between all the opposing groups. S2 is pretty good

S3 is more high concept Scifi in nature and starts to focus more on Mysterys about how the world came to be. I havent seen all of it, but what i have seen the quality drops off from S2 but its still reasonably solid

S4 has started recently. I havent seen it as i keep meaning to catch up on S3 but havent gotten around to it yet.

100 is still pretty good. I concur S2 is still the best, but the drop off isn't that big in quality. The sci-fi stuff is well done to me at least, but I'm afraid everyone is going to have to die now lol, it gets pretty gloomy and dark, like everyone is past redemption at this point, or are they?

silva1991

They really nailed those little animal movements, like the grazer's head raise/glance at the end there. Only other game I've seem do it so well is Rain World

It's amazing how these machines movements are more realistic than real animals movements in many other games.

An easy out for what? In a game like DMC or Dark Souls, each attack will have the same tell every time. Does that mean those games are using easy outs?

Tells and telegraphs for attacks encourage timing, precision, and skill. It means you can size up the enemies you're facing, plan in the heat of the moment, and react accordingly

OK, those 2 games kicked my ass, I'm letting go of this position.

Sharpeye

2 machines a day for the next 10 days roughly lines up with all the machines and when the embargo drops. A clever way to keep the hype up until reviews come out and hopefully say the game is great. A lot of confidence behind this game.

Drackhorn

2 machines a day for the next 10 days roughly lines up with all the machines and when the embargo drops. A clever way to keep the hype up until reviews come out and hopefully say the game is great. A lot of confidence behind this game.
Indeed, sure keeps me hooked.

Loudninja

Hmm not sure we get 2 a day.

Wollan

I believe that's it for machine videos (and good thing, I can't help myself). Four very different creatures in four different classes.

vivekTO

I don't think there is any first impressions from the reviewers in the wild? Right??
Let me check 4Chan , I will get back to you, if i find anything, there are honest people there.

woo-kim-hzd-saber-toothed-tiger-front.jpg
beautiful art and armor, i think we need an inspiration thread :p

Lifeline

It is Horizon more than likely. She said she had a date with Aloy a few days before that tweet. It aligns with when review codes went out for the game.

Horizon review copies are already out and the same person tweeted "Got a date with Aloy and chocolate candies tonight" the day before

I know, i know. It was a joke because of the whole butthole "controversy" with Neir's female protagonist.

FATALITY

Banned
I don't think there is any first impressions from the reviewers in the wild? Right??
Let me check 4Chan , I will get back to you, if i find anything, there are honest people there.

I want that ad an avatar please. A transparent one if possible thank you

Chaostar

Amazing!

Waiting for someone to make the thread titled 'Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be developing quite the fan art following already'

Do it

vivekTO

I want that ad an avatar please. A transparent one if possible thank you

zJXTf48.png

Amazing!

Waiting for someone to make the thread titled 'Horizon: Zero Dawn seems to be developing quite the fan art following already'

Do it

Interesting idea, Although i have seen only few Arts and sketches, But a thread on Cosplay will be made, There are tons of them out there.
DO IT :p

X-Frame

Very hard I will chose. :D

Most likely I will be choosing Very Hard off the bat as well.

The decision for me in SP games is how well I think the combat gameplay feels. If I'm more interested in experiencing the story and visuals and not so much the combat I'll leave the difficulty low for my sanity -- but if it's fun and increasing the difficulty doesn't frustrate but rather increases the challenge and excitement I will turn that all the way up.

All indications so far is that Horizon's combat feels great.

Fredrik

That Behemoth, that Stormbird, that cave. Lawd. Wish I could afford a Pro because I want to play this game at its best.
Yup this game and the Pro Beast Mode has made me want a Pro so much! The talk about noisy Pros makes me want to wait though but it'll feel like I'm wasting what could possibly be the best play-through experience this generation by playing this game on a launch PS4. :/
I think I'll start with Zelda and then see what I feel like doing when I've finished that one.

Handy Fake

They really nailed those little animal movements, like the grazer's head raise/glance at the end there. Only other game I've seen do it so well is Rain World

I like how they're herding with the tallnecks. Such things happen in the wild - the tallnecks will alert the grazers to any danger.

Top Bottom