• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Bloomers

The footage during the Sony conference showed me that this is the game I never knew I always wanted. Can't wait to see more.

cheezcake

So the game looked cool but it looks to be taking itself way too seriously when the main enemy are mecha dinosaurs, feel like that's going to be grating.

J-Man

Awesome showing at the conference. Love that it's a new IP and they didn't just show a CG concept trailer but actual gameplay.

It's rumoured to be open world, and I;d like to see how that fits in, hard to tell based on this showing.

Shengar

So the game looked cool but it looks to be taking itself way too seriously when the main enemy are mecha dinosaurs, feel like that's going to be grating.
Definitely my thought as well. I really hope the game don't take itself too seriously or like you said it'll be grating.

I love the part where she tethered the dinosaur to the ground. It's so different, my favorite game of the show so far.

I wasn't expecting horizon to look like that but can't say I'm disappointed.

Slixshot

Banned
The complexity to that Dino fight was SO dope. Having to take down it's armor, targeting different areas of the dino, and being able to take off it's weapons and use them yourself. This game looks SO sick

PBalfredo

For all of the megatons Sony was dropping, this announcement is a big part of what made this conference good. A new IP with a cool premise, showing gameplay that looks fun and interesting. FF7-R and Shenmue are both 3+ years away and TLG is more notable for finally emerging from development hell then for what they actually showed in that trailer.

Danielsan

Despite all the bombs thrown tonight, this might be game of show. It looks stunning and wild. I really hope GG can get this game together on all fronts because they've got a brilliant concept and have already nailed the art style and graphics.

Yeah this looks a whole lot like MH.

The problem I see here is having to fight through waves of boring people enemies when people really want to lasso the cyberdinos.

I hope you can mount and domesticate one.

NeoROCK

She looks like a
Wildling
! YES PLEASE!

18660190509_3730aa3981_z.jpg

18849066281_d18c63a4c1_z.jpg

Noobcraft

Any details on multiplayer or co-op? Co-op seems like a perfect fit for this game. It might be the first Guerilla Games game I purchase, it showed very well.

For all of the megatons Sony was dropping, this announcement is a big part of what made this conference good. A new IP with a cool premise, showing gameplay that looks fun and interesting. FF7-R and Shenmue are both 3+ years away and TLG is more notable for finally emerging from development hell then for what they actually showed in that trailer.

It made for an awesome combo.

Was so surprised when it went into that gorgeous gameplay, that sealed how good the reveal of the new IP was when we she was mixing it up with the robot dinos. The animation and lighting/sound on the dinos was great

Cryxok

While watching the conference I was thinking "This looks like what Xenoblade Chronicles X was meant to be"... and I say it as a Wii U owner who doesn't have a PS4 (yet)

I'm very curious to find out how much of an rpg it is, with stats/leveling and having to hunt to survive, having to eat and craft and drink etc. I need details. This looks fucking amazing.

Edit: and pls god will we be able to tame and ride the majestic metal beasts

Top Bottom