• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Despera

Banned
Awesome showing at the conference. Love that it's a new IP and they didn't just show a CG concept trailer but actual gameplay.

It's rumoured to be open world
, and I;d like to see how that fits in, hard to tell based on this showing.
Actually it's confirmed to be open world.
For the new page.

We’re thrilled to introduce our brand-new third-person action RPG, Horizon Zero Dawn! Watch the trailer above to catch your first glimpse of the game!

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

Along the way, Aloy will face off against an entire menagerie of machines – some traveling in herds, others roaming in solitude, all of them presenting a formidable danger. You will need to learn their behaviors, attack patterns and weak points in order to survive. You must use the beautiful environments to your advantage, and employ stealth, agility, and cunning to approach your prey unseen.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=610643804605972481&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

Respawn

Banned
7Ble93v.gif

I like the talking too. People are all "it's too cocky and Drake-esque," but the industry doesn't really have a female counterpart for Drake.

Most female protagonists are reserved, stoic and/or refined, a rough and loud girl is a welcome change.

Iastfan112

Neo Member
Favorite of E3 thus far. Setting and mystery behind the world has me intrigued, game looks gorgeous and the combat was interesting. Trailer implied(to me anyways) they're going with a pre-established character, which I know bothers some, but I prefer.

gg are talking to geoff right now

- open world action rpg
- stealth, set traps, be agile
- loot based system, craft new weapons/ammo
- watcher/grazer/thunder jaw/long necks (diff classes of enemies)

Lemondish

The story seems incredibly stupid (I'm waiting to see how laughable the explanation is for a robot dinosaur ecology) but it looks good.

Science fiction is filled with stories about how our devotion to technological innovation eventually gives birth to artificial intelligence.

And nobody said that intelligence just stops at the first bipedal robot. No reason they wouldn't continue to adapt and change just as organics do. Not stupid at all - it actually seems pretty natural.

MGS5 notwithstanding, this may have shot up to the top of my most anticipated games. The premise is just so bananas and it looks absolutely gorgeous in motion. I just hope the RPG hooks are really strong.

Canucked

I know this got buried in one titanic press conference, but this was game of the night for me.

I wanted to pick up a controller and play.

I can't wait to see this game first hand, I hope it plays well. The main character was a bit chatty, but that's nothing that I can't get over. I really like the enemy designs as well. The entire game has a really nice vibe.

Lemondish

I like the talking too. People are all "it's too cocky and Drake-esque," but the industry doesn't really have a female counterpart for Drake.

Most female protagonists are reserved, stoic and/or refined, a rough and loud girl is a welcome change.

She comes off exactly as I would imagine a tribal hunter would - proud, bold, even bordering on boastful.

Science fiction is filled with stories about how our devotion to technological innovation eventually gives birth to artificial intelligence.

And nobody said that intelligence just stops at the first bipedal robot. No reason they wouldn't continue to adapt and change just as organics do. Not stupid at all - it actually seems pretty natural.

well said

the killzone games lacked a good coherent story but that seemingly wont be the case with horizon as they hired new people who've had experience in storytelling in rpgs.

but i make no guarantees

Endo Punk

Game looks so good I don't blame them for being so sure that it's a new franchise and not a one off game. Infinitely more appealing than Guerilla's last IP.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This has surprisingly shown how much GG have evolved in game making. I really liked KZ2 and KZ:SF, but this is something else entirely. It was especially good seeing that the gameplay was so interesting and well realized, what with the robodino behaving as intricately as it did. I was expecting just some kind of open world shooting from GG, not something seemingly far more refined like this.

Sony has really shown lots of great stuff at this conference, but this game probably looked the most ambitious, to be honest.

Man, I love the design of the main character. She's beautiful, but not in your typical video game heroine kind of way. She's the kind of character I try to make when I'm allowed to create my own.

Gnilres

This was my biggest surprise of the show and honestly won it for me. As amazing as FFVII and Shenmue look, this was outstanding.

Kin5290

Holy god, this looks amazing. Open world, iron-age hunters versus robot dinosaurs and a female protagonist? This game can't come soon enough.

Top Bottom