• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeiRR

Banned
Now I get it what Nintendo meant by "life quality products" and "non-wearables". It finally makes sense!

Sounds like logic ripped right from a batshit insane JRPG villain.

Don't you see? The only way to save everyone from our enemy is to kill them all and absorb their souls, transforming me into a disgusting mutated fifty-foot tall monster!

Unbelievably, this isn't the first thread of it's kind: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233623

Lol, ok, wtf is going on!

Sounds like logic ripped right from a batshit insane JRPG villain.

Don't you see? The only way to save everyone from our enemy is to kill them all and absorb their souls, transforming me into a disgusting mutated fifty-foot tall monster!

This whole scenario's almost beautiful, in a stupid, meta sort of way.

I always wanted to eat my Vita's memory cards and always wondered if i'd be more full from eating a 32 gb or an 8 gb. I was going to tape myself eating them. Never did. If your friend eat's his cartridge you should tell him to video tape it.

Lebon14

Just tell him that if he fells ill from the reaction from the electronic boards and plastic with the digestive enzymes and other digestive problems that it's gotta be his darn fault.

If your friend is going to do it, then better have that 911 on the phone ready. I think you should bake a Triforce cake for him to eat that instead.

I think instructions manuals have stuff like what you can or can not do with the game/console. If your friend gets on the news, then I'd guess we need more of "Health & Safety" instructions upon opening the box/case.

neto

If your friend is going to do it, then better have that 911 on the phone ready. I think you should bake a Triforce cake for him to eat that instead.

I think instructions manuals have stuff like what you can or can not do with the game/console. If your friend gets on the news, then I'd guess we need more of "Health & Safety" instructions upon opening the box/case.

this is the reason why manuals have so many warnings and things not to do

Hermii

I think his real plan is to do it and then sue Nintendo for the inevitable health problems this will cause. I mean there is no warning that you shouldn't eat the game at the box right?

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cart?

Maybe as safe as drinking a liter of seawater?

Kidneys will go bad, liver will shut down, your brain won't receive blood, and you'll die a painful, slow, and excruciating death.

KHlover

Banned

Kidneys will go bad, liver will shut down, your brain won't receive blood, and you'll die a painful, slow, and excruciating death.
Haha, what?

If this were happening upon swallowing a piece of plastic with some metal plating we'd have thousands millions of toddlers dying each year from swallowing marbles and coins and stuff. As long as OP's friend doesn't choke on it he'll have some stomach cramps at worst until the undigested cartridge is shat out.

Xater

He told me it will be a fitting tribute to a game series he loves so much, to have it always be "inside" of him.

That sounds like the same crazy talk you here from cannibals. I'd be very worried about the mental state of this friend.

Your friend has some serious issues.

Like, undiagnosed mental disorder type issues.

Yup, this is one of the most misguided, bizarre and baffling things I've read in a long while. OP's friend needs to drastically re-evaluate his life/receive professional psychiatric care if this 'visceral experience' is something he's seriously considering.

Get better friends.

This too.

Mlatador

Banned
matrixswallow3dsh7a1x.gif

Ahahahahaha!!! :D

Hermii

At least the game code will be absorbed in his DNA forever. Maybe he will go to hyrule in the afterlife.

Edit: The post above is GIF making at its finest haha!

Haha, what?

If this were happening upon swallowing a piece of plastic with some metal plating we'd have thousands millions of toddlers dying each year from swallowing marbles and coins and stuff. As long as OP's friend doesn't choke on it he'll have some stomach cramps at worst until the undigested cartridge is shat out.
Ha ha, you're right. I just wrote the seawater thing because I heard Bear Grylls talking about what seawater will do to you in one of his Man VS Wild episodes.

Swallowing a small piece of plastic won't do anything, but a 3ds cart with metal is crazy insane.

Doesn't the cart have some kind of battery in it for saves and stuff?

MegaMelon

He already knows that he could have excruciating pain all the way till it leaves his body, and likely damage his body but he does it anyways. Someone give me his number, I have a number of jobs that'll be right up his alleyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom