• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How safe is it to swallow a 3DS cartridge whole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zon

A new candidate for the Darwin Award I see.

How could he even start to think that this is a good idea?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
He should put in a micro SD card in a SD Card Adapter, download the game via eShop on it and just eat the micro SD card.

T24jI65.jpg

God, your friend is an idiot.

I'd think it should be fairly safe though. I mean, there's a guy who's eating whole bicycles, so I doubt a small piece of plastic will do much harm. It might hurt a bit when it comes out the other end though.

Have you reminded him that he will literally be shitting on his own favourite game and flushing it down the toilet?

Bururian

So yeah, OP must be trolling us. This person can't really exist.

Right? RIGHT????

I once had a friend whose little brother would bury games after he beat them because "They were done, and there's no point in replaying them."

His brother found out a week later his brother had buried some 3 N64 games out in the back yard. He was furious, and it was hilarious. The games still worked because they were Nintendo cartridges.

Probably better than shoving a Bluray up your arse.

If you can open the heavenly doors to the chocolate factory wide enough to get a blu-ray up there, I actually think it's a lot better for you to get the blu-ray up there than eating a cartidge.

Unless you plan on getting the blu-ray all the way up for oral exit of course.

Frodo

I love this thread and just want to be a part of it.

Also, tell your friend to wait for Majora's Mask and eat both of them together.

Alternatively, your friend could buy all the Zellda games on 3DS' virtual console, dump them on a single SD card and swallow it too.

Tell us what happens... for science!

Jedi2016

I tried explaining how it was a bad idea, but he assured me that he checked into the science of it and digesting small quantities of plastic would cause negligible damage at best, and he thinks any "minor stomachache" that may result will be far outweighed by the satisfaction of knowing that part of his favorite game is always within his spirit.
Strictly speaking, the plastic itself won't really be a bother. His body will largely ignore it as far as digestion is concerned.

But he's an absolute moron if he believes that it will "always" be with him. His body will move it through. The best he can hope for is that it doesn't get caught somewhere (which can kill him). And best case, I don't envy his asshole a few days after he swallows it, either. It's a literal case of square peg, round hole. And that shit's gonna hurt (to coin a phrase).

So yeah. Try to explain to him how digestion works. And point out that he's showing his adoring love for the Zelda franchise by shitting on it and flushing it down the toilet. That doesn't strike me as something I'd want to do to something I actually liked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom