• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to brick an Xbone in six easy steps.

rrs

The name of the command should be a clue as to what's going to happen. Also I wonder what fun you can do with the dev console being apparently all open and exposed.

MADGAME

People with the sort of mindset that coincides with this or similar pranks will always get what's coming to them in life. Always.

Thanks for the PSA, OP

Nibel

Oh man, I really hope this won't affect the security of the system

No need to get hacked by FIFA Ultimate Team scum again :/

Kimo

Neo Member
I could try this at the demo stand in the store.
Oh no xbox one not released in the netherlands yet.

Another iPhone one: The new iPhone is waterproof! Test it yourself! No idea if anyone fell for it, but I'm sure someone did.

Here we go:

seWDHaH.jpg
There was another one that went around after that saying that the update turned the iPad into scales so people were standing on them to weigh themselves.

Rocky

Banned
I feel kinda bad for laughing at that... lol.

Don't feel bad. It sounds to me like the "victim" of the prank was faking. For one thing, he said his dad would be home in 10-15 mins and it takes a bit longer than that to get to the XP setup screen he posted.

-Horizon-

Reminds me off this 4Chan prank I saw XD:

This can't be real

But then again I remember that one thread with the dude asking for advice for a girl and always ended his sentence with (´・ω・`) or something and I'm not sure if that was real or not either.

KMS

If your significant other has seen this and you own a XBO for the love of God, what ever you do, DON'T PISS THEM OFF!

Ricker

How about just pulling the cord,the reboot sequence will probably stop no...? it's a stupid prank for sure but this can solve the problem no...?

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Apparently if you change the sandbox ID at all from the default, you risk getting stuck in a boot loop.

MS actually released this warning themselves after the dev console got revealed in a YT vid!

There was a piece on Eurogamer about this earlier in the week.

Brofield

When the Wii U dev mode gets unlocked, you find forums for "dummy games" that slowly come true (Yarn Yoshi...Resident Evil...Donkey Kong...what's left, Metal Gear Solid?)

That's the Nintendo touch!

Top Bottom