• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How to get a Redbull code for Destiny's Exclusive Mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, sorry. I've seen region specific promos before, good to see they're bypassing Sony's dumb region-specific codes.

No worries. Now I just need someone buy a can and send me a code ;) Don't really want to use a code by guessing a random number lol

Lothars

My point was more twofold -
A) The framing system is inherently dumb and anti-consumer.
B) Regardless of what your action is, people will be scammed out of their product. If you don't input a guessed code, its' likely somebody else will try to use that same code by guessing before that particular can is purchased. This promotion has already gone up in flames - your actions don't shift the outcome.
Yes and your point was wrong and makes you look ignorant since it's basically well since everyone else is doing it. I am okay by doing it, that's not an valid reason.

Reebot

Can we issue analogy licenses open to suspension?

Some poster in this thread need to lose their privileges.

And yeah, its theft guys.

it's actually a great idea to do this.

people should run scripts that use up all the codes and maybe if there's enough backlasg and complaints from paying customers, these companies and other similar companies won't do some dumb shit like this again. or at least they'll use better codes.

Well crap. I figured these codes were like the emblem codes that we were all sharing before Destiny was out.

Since they're confirmed to be unique, #1. I'm sorry. #2. this thread should probably be deleted.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Oh, people know all too well. Don't go easy on them. It's expected, but it's still a dick move that cuts other people out of things they rightly bought.

I heard wind of this yesterday and specifically went out to buy a dumb-ass can of Red Bull so I could ensure that the $3.50 I ended up paying actually unlocked the bonus content for me. It did, thankfully.

Hate on the shitty drink tie-in all you want, but anyone who does this knows that they're taking a code away from someone else who will get home and freak out when the code they bought doesn't work.

I guess you're probably right. And certainly fuck anybody who did this knowing it was taking someone else's code. Sigh. Don't understand people who do stuff like this but oh well.

Gator86

There is literally nothing even tangentially related to Destiny that isn't a colossal fuck up. It's astounding. There's a solid chance the mission winds up free because of this. With this up all over the Internet, all the codes are gonna be gone pretty fast and I doubt Bungie/Activision/Red Bull want to deal with the shitstorm that will come from every actual can code being worthless.

pelican

There is literally nothing even tangentially related to Destiny that isn't a colossal fuck up. It's astounding. There's a solid chance the mission winds up free because of this. With this up all over the Internet, all the codes are gonna be gone pretty fast and I doubt Bungie/Activision/Red Bull want to deal with the shitstorm that will come from every actual can code being worthless.

This is my thinking.

I'm torn in regards to how I feel about this. On the one hand, stealing codes from people who would pay for and want to use them is incredibly scummy.

On the other hand, if enough people take advantage of this, and enough people fall victim to it, Activision are going to have to address this, and the only way of realistically doing so is by giving away the content to everybody, thereby rendering this promotion redundant for them, and costing them money. Both of which are good things. Karma is a bitch.

Oh, and seriously, is it actually true that some content is exclusive to Red Bull cans bought at a specific store? Unbelievable!

Well crap. I figured these codes were like the emblem codes that we were all sharing before Destiny was out.

Since they're confirmed to be unique, #1. I'm sorry. #2. this thread should probably be deleted.

No, and no. They fucked up. You did the undertaking. Why you sad bro. Enjoy the massive fuckup and wait for it all to blow up and be free.

If the code-generation function itself is the problem than taking the site down isn't going to help matters.

These codes are already printed on the cans, right?

I'm torn in regards to how I feel about this. On the one hand, stealing codes from people who would pay for and want to use them is incredibly scummy.

On the other hand, if enough people take advantage of this, and enough people fall victim to it, Activision are going to have to address this, and the only way of realistically doing so is by giving away the content to everybody, thereby rendering this promotion redundant for them, and costing them money. Both of which are good things. Karma is a bitch.

Oh, and seriously, is it actually true that some content is exclusive to Red Bull cand bought at a specific store? Unbelievable!

The redbull Destiny cans are exclusive to 7/11 for the month of July. The quest will be open to everyone in January. The only thing being locked behind a can is Double XP codes. You know the shit gamers have been buying for COD/Halo for years now.

Yes and your point was wrong and makes you look ignorant since it's basically well since everyone else is doing it. I am okay by doing it, that's not an valid reason.

For the record, I don't even play Destiny. No intention of using these codes.

I just think this whole situation is an interesting moral question. Again, the promotion is burned regardless of what any one individual does. Now that this info is public, the key site will be spammed with bogus requests - and Activision's entire marketing campaign will be kneecapped. They either have to open up to allow codes to be used multiple times (possibly controlling so its' once per IP), or permit a great deal of players to not get the content they're paying for.

It's entirely possible that people spamming codes will render the majority of Red Bull cans in distribution useless for code redemption by the end of this promotion.

Where's that legally mandated "no purchase necessary" clause when you need it? Or does that only apply to random selection contests and not "promotions"?

pelican

The thing is at no point can Bungie accuse anyone of randomly trying a number on the site - no matter where you live.

If the number is genuine then without pouring into the production cycle and distribution of Red Bull cans it is impossible to say whether or not that person bought it.

Even for those of us who don't live in the US. I live in the UK, but I visit the US so who isn't to say I didn't pick it up while over there?

Taishan

Banned
When does the codes come up as invalid if it has already been redeemed? Redbull or Bungie's site?

Edit: Redbull will continue to pump out the same code to redeem on Bungie's site.

XAN-9LT-GMH-T4CGH
9M6-X6M-V9L-KRGM7

Velcro Fly

Oh, and seriously, is it actually true that some content is exclusive to Red Bull cand bought at a specific store? Unbelievable!

Stealing is wrong, no matter how dumb the promotion is. And hoping enough people steal to wreck the promotion so everyone gets it for free sucks too.

I don't care how shitty the promotion is. I mean how much does a can of redbull cost? Like $2?

M3Rocket

The mission WAS already announced to be exclusive to the Red Bull promotion only till January next year. They were going to make it available to everyone that has The Taken King early next year anyway.

And in no way does this justify stealing codes--whether by guessing it or not. And this plainly is what this is.

Is there any legit way to get this if 7/11 isn't in my area?

Yep. Wait till August when you can but Red Bull cans marked with this promotion everywhere else and not just 7-11. Or wait till January next year, and it's free to anyone that has purchased The Taken King.

Ashodin

yessssssss I plan to buy TTK and I just redeemed this

Code Entered Successfully!

Focused Light
Focused Light item available for pickup at the Postmaster beginning 7/1/2015.

Thanks Taishan!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

Focused Light

Thanks Taishan!

Congrats on fucking over someone who bought a can of redbull and tried to redeem their code.

we're giving away content with soda now? WTF

welcome to 2009

162580-masseffectdlc.jpg

TipsyArchmage

Neo Member
Congrats on fucking over someone who bought a can of redbull and tried to redeem their code.

I'm sure they'll be hugely upset for all of 5 seconds and then get over it. I've had bad codes on similar promotions before and I didn't really give a shit

You guys are blowing this wayyyyyy out of proportion

Wait I thought its a multiuse code? The example in the OP worked for me i think?

Focused Light

Thanks Taishan!

I got the same thing. When I tried to hit confirm within bungie's site it says the code has been redeemed. It didn't show the TTK and XP thing?

I'm sure they'll be hugely upset for all of 5 seconds and then get over it. I've had bad codes on similar promotions before and I didn't really give a shit

You guys are blowing this wayyyyyy out of proportion

I have a can right here I bought today. its been stolen.

fuck me amirite? guess I will have to get over it, I deserved it for playing Destiny

herp.

Seriously this thread is fucked up.

You know you're just upset because you can't get the website to load.

no I am upset because my legit code was stolen. I even bought a bunch for Destiny GAF in other regions.. Fuck me for trying to be a good guy.

Reebot

The next time somebody asks, "why do companies treat their customers like criminals?" remember this thread.

I have a can right here I bought today. its been stolen.

fuck me amirite? guess I will have to get over it, I deserved it for playing Destiny

herp.

Seriously this thread is fucked up.

You're really pissed about that $2 can huh? Hit up Bungie on Twitter on how you would love to support their bullshit promo but your code was stolen and you want another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom