• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How well can you draw a Pokemon by memory? Let's find out!

Scolipede. Normally when I think of Scolipede, like right now, I have the picture of it in my head perfectly. However, here I forgot how many legs it has, among other details and uh...
BkUkc7t.png

Well it seems I went a little overboard. Oopsies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Finally a fairly easy one, Mr. Mime! Forgot that its legs had two more "orbs", and the fingers aren't as detailed, but this one was easy...

Jppp4jB.jpg

Bleeether

Learned that my memory is bad.

Had to skip about 2 dozen pokemon before i found one that i thought i remembered....

3O0KIEH.png

Looks nothing like the real one... damn

I'm thinking people in this thread would enjoy the pokeymans project.

Basically someone whose parents bought into the "Pokemon are demonic" nonsense completely restricted their access to it, so the kid grew up having never seen Pokemon, and now tries to draw these things via other people's descriptions and then compares them to the real thing afterward for hilarity.

Dryk

I'm thinking people in this thread would enjoy the pokeymans project.

Basically someone whose parents bought into the "Pokemon are demonic" nonsense completely restricted their access to it, so the kid grew up having never seen Pokemon, and now tries to draw these things via other people's descriptions and then compares them to the real thing afterward for hilarity.
Holy shit this blog is amazing
tumblr_mc1z9gBU1W1rycxx3.png

REDSLATE

I could cheat and draw a Ditto, Grimer, or Muk... maybe Diglett or Dugtrio. Gastly's pretty easy too... Magnemite/Magneton?

Should be restricted to one's favorite. That would keep the challenge more pure. In the event that one of the aforementioned Pokemon was their favorite... well... props to them.

My favorite:
Screenshot_2015-08-18-22-20-36_zpsvdqdnm8t.jpg~320x480

Jawmuncher

Vanillite Alomomola Heliolis kMeloetta Porygon-Z Hypno

Literally have no clue what any of these look like.
What have I become.

Tagyhag

Neat idea OP, I'm going to wimp out and choose Kanto only, haven't played Pokemon since the GBA games and don't want to roll a gisaafdsaibdds or something.

02YokBT.png

x8pmQsR.jpg

Could have been worse, but Golem was actually an easy roll.

Swinub

I can't draw
but I've been playing Pokemon Art Academy
I didn't even try to apply any of the skills I learned
plus my visual memory sucks

I think I did pretty well

p26Ut6ol.jpg

QAXm0if.png

like I knew the eyebrows covered Piloswine's eyes, but wasn't sure about them on swinub

Sarochan

Neo Member
Flareon!

M1b3fHB.png

... I feel like I cheated somehow, Flareon is pretty damn simple to remember. Just lots of fiery tufts everywhere.

250px-136Flareon.png

Definitely didn't get some of the details though!

250px-142Aerodactyl.png

aerodactyl_zpss0h9pjgm.png

Eh.

Goddammit I knew it had those arm things.

So the first time I did it I set it only to gen 1 pokemon. Here's what happened when I included all pokemon:

250px-651Quilladin.png

quiladin_zpsang93zma.png

You didn't mention the worst part, his detached beard.

oh my GOOOOOOOOOOD

I never noticed until just now. it's an actual full length neckbeard

dear lord what the FUCK was sugimori thinking

he should have taken the intern who designed this thing and backhanded the everloving shit out of him, in full view of the entire Game Freak staff

just to make an example of him

Top Bottom