• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

Katori

Color me surprised that this is showing up on regular 3DS. Wanted to pick up the Wii U version but I use my 3DS a lot more so I'll just wait.

How did this sell in the West? I'm sure they'll bring it over, but would digital only be a possibility?

Could we see Splatoon on N3DS in the Future?
Yes. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 2v2 version with smaller maps, local multi (in addition to net play ofc) and a longer SP. Maybe not for a year or so.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Guys, I fear this is an actual leak, not a pre-E3 announcement: if you scrool the video list on Koei Tecmo's YT page, HW 3DS video doesn't appear at all.

shaowebb

YRyCNFZ.gif

Dr. Buni

I plan to buy the game on Wii U but I want Tetra. I hope there is another way to have it.

I won't buy it on 3DS because I want the co-op.
Prepare your wallet for Tetra and King of Red Lions amiibos, the only way to unlock them on Wii U Hyrule Warriors.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This needs cross-save functionality SO BADLY. If it does, I'm buying this on day one without any hesitation.

this is a great comment: I'd double dip to play it also on the go (and unlock the characters on the Wii U too) if I can port the save file.
Honestly, I was hoping for a HW+ edition for both 3DS and Wii U, so I'm not too thrilled.

Neiteio

Looks like all DLC is included, since Tingle is on the cover. Also, it appears you can switch between characters on the battlefield by tapping their touchscreen icon?

Petrae

Why? Why do they keep releasing downgraded games on this thing?

It's because the WiiU versions are available to a smaller audience, which limits a game's sales potential. Given the far larger install base for 3DS over WiiU, it's sensible to (if possible) have versions of popular IP for both.

I wouldn't be playing Hyrule Warriors at all if it remained a WiiU-only title; however, if it comes to 3DS, I'll probably buy it... so Nintendo (and Koei Tecmo) get a sale out of the deal that wasn't possible otherwise.

Son Of D

Guys, I fear this is an actual leak, not a pre-E3 announcement: if you scrool the video list on Koei Tecmo's YT page, HW 3DS video doesn't appear at all.

The video is called "E3で発表!『ゼルダ無双 ハイラルオールスターズ』 ニンテンドー3DSに登場" which to me signifies an E3 trailer.

L95

The video is unlisted, yeah. The page has the little lock icon.

Unlisted means only the person who uploaded it, and who they gave the URL to knows it's there.

Why the hell is everything getting revealed before E3?

Oh, someone dun fucked up and is about to get fired.

Ridley327

Looks like all DLC is included, since Tingle is on the cover. Also, it appears you can switch between characters on the battlefield by tapping their touchscreen icon?

I think that was a feature from the Samurai Warriors game that launched with the 3DS, and I remember hearing that it worked wonderfully well. Makes sense to bring it back.

YES TETRA !!!!!! Homegirl.
And that rock remix of the WW theme YAS. Is that new or from Smash? It sounds great.

Not that I really care about this game, but Tetra being a separate character is just awesome.

To people freaking out about how this could possibly work on 3ds, here is this fantastic launch 3ds game I poured tons of hours into:

The enemy density and visuals were competently different its nearly night and day, Samurai Warriors Chronicles was built ground up for 3DS, Hyrule Warriors not so much (It is a great game however!)

Dang0

Color me surprised that this is showing up on regular 3DS. Wanted to pick up the Wii U version but I use my 3DS a lot more so I'll just wait.

How did this sell in the West? I'm sure they'll bring it over, but would digital only be a possibility?

It was the best selling Dynasty Warriors game in the West, and since its coming out on a platform that more people own, this will definately be coming.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh.

To be perfectly honest, I'm somewhat on the fence about this. Don't get me wrong, Tetra and the King of Red Lions is pretty sweet, but the fact that they're just their Wind Waker models with no real changes is a massive damper on my enthusiasm, because everyone else was pretty much given a makeover to fit the art style of Hyrule Warriors. I don't like using the word, but it just feels lazy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Still, to all saying that the game sold badly...Koei Tecmo was very happy about the fact it reached a million WW, thanks to major sales outside of Japan. So, I don't think this is due to KT and Nintendo being disappointed by the original's performance.

Yoshi88

Wouldn't a proper leak (at least the first video of a leaked title) be the English version, prepared for the Digital Event, Treehouse etc.?

DOG3NZAKA

Banned
I hope they release the new content for the Wii U version separately as DLC. I don't want to be forced to buy it on 3DS. Even worse if it only works on the New 3DS, thus I would have to buy that too :/

I want to melt myself down so my huge body can be pressed into a billion Hyrule Warriors 3DS cartridges.

This is my wish. My only wish.

Top Bottom