• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

SerTapTap

So you can transfer the character to the Wii U version....
d04134ce6b.png

Oh, I see. Ugh. Nintendo taking heavy notes from Western AAA DLC practices this gen and I really, really do not like it. (no, I doubt Tecmo Koei would be allowed to implement this without Nintendo so don't even suggest it's their fault.)

At least we know now that it is Hyrule Warriors 3DS. I can only imagine the hype shitstorm that would have happened in the E3 thread when the direct would have shown that hyrule/triforce logo in the beginning and everyone went batshit crazy over thinking it was Zelda Wii U.

Although, who am I kidding? People will still see the Zelda thing and bitch a ton when it turns out to be 'just' Hyrule Warriors 3DS.

mclem

It looks like the new characters can transfer to the Wii U version if you own both games. I wonder if the game will feature cross-saving? That would be awesome, as I still have a ton to do in the Wii U game.

That's an interesting question in the other direction, too: would my purchased content from Wii U be available on 3DS?

Neo Dark

HOLY SHIT

Where did this come from? The two new characters look cool, and it looks like you can now switch characters on the fly, but still, not interested in buying a musou on a handheld. Would probably buy Tetra and the king if they were to arrive on Wii U though!
Makes me wonder if they'll release an update to allow the Wii U version to do that. Being able to switch characters on the fly was one of the things I wish the original had

SerTapTap

At least we know now that it is Hyrule Warriors 3DS. I can only imagine the hype shitstorm that would have happened in the E3 thread when the direct would have shown that hyrule/triforce logo in the beginning and everyone went batshit crazy over thinking it was Zelda Wii U.

They already said Zelda Wii U won't be at E3

Dad

There's no way that's going to be the only way to get the characters on Wii U. Mewtwo eventually came out as a purchasable character in Smash, after all.

I swear, if this port has online coop and not the Wii U version, all of the oceans on this Earth won't be able to hold my salt.

This is pretty awesome though. More Hyrule Warriors is always welcome.

Weird. Then again the Assets from the Wii U game weren't too me anything special. I guess it was feasible to do a port.

I really wonder how much the framerate will suffer and the number of enemies.

Honestly I would rather an original handheld entry with all the the Toon Link and 2D Zelda characters.

Dr. Buni

Glad this is coming for the regular 3DS models. I didn't buy HW for the Wii U, but I will be sure to pick this version.

39X

So this is an "enhanced" (obviously not graphically) port, yes?

Also, I assume the WW characters will be released as seperate DLC for the Wii U. I don't think they will lock them behind the 3DS version but rather will give them out for free as a reward to those who own both, similar to what Smash Bros. did with Mewtwo.

Hyrule warriors is like crack, they gave us so much of it for so little money, we loved it, we took it all, we are hooked, we will now all pay the full cost of a 3ds game for a just a couple of characters

Fireblend

Banned
The good thing about this leaking now is Nintendo's going to be forced to add something extra surprising to their digital event to make up for the leak.

Mother 3DS Collection is all but confirmed, right guys?

They already said Zelda Wii U won't be at E3

I know, but that never has stopped (crazy) people from still hoping. I just feel that people would have convinced themselves Nintendo had lied and decided to surprise us with it anyways based on just that logo showing up.

Oh, I see. Ugh. Nintendo taking heavy notes from Western AAA DLC practices this gen and I really, really do not like it. (no, I doubt Tecmo Koei would be allowed to implement this without Nintendo so don't even suggest it's their fault.)

NCL's, maybe.

Original Hyrule Warriors had a very different DLC setup in Japan if I remember correctly.

rhandino

Banned
??? I'm confused, what is wrong with more characters? Hyrule Warriors had a very healthy rooster without the Season Pass (With it you have an incredible one since the movesets are so different) and I'm pretty sure they will offer them for purchase as they did with the other DLC characters...

jonno394

I don't see what the problem is with this tbh. It's a game on a different format, with format exclusive characters, The bonus is that you can then upload these to your Wii U if you own it on that too.

You mean like Mewtwo in Smash 4?

So very sick of these pre E3 announcements.

I would have bought this over the WiiU version if I'd had the choice. Infact, Hyrule Warriors was what tipped me over the edge to get a WiiU in the first place, so I'm actually a little pissed off this took so long to get announced.

Ah well, I'm not too bothered by Tetra, and that Hyrule destroying Boat King can fuck right off. Skipping it.

DarkTom

I plan to buy the game on Wii U but I want Tetra. I hope there is another way to have it.

I won't buy it on 3DS because I want the co-op.

L95

I honestly won't be getting this unless I can like.... synch my save files. But this is pretty cool.

Jakoo

I'm sorry, but all of games, no one can feel short changed by the amount of content Nintendo gave in the base copy of Hyrule Warriors. If anything, they are probably funding the new characters via this port and just figured they could easily port them back to the Wii U as well. I don't see this as some huge bilking.

Top Bottom