• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming to 3DS

JobenNC

I'm super into this
especially with WW characters
. But did those mobs look a bit sparse to anyone else? I hope it's not too big of an issue.

Effect

I don't know. I still haven't finished all the dlc content in the Wii U game. I can't justify starting over for a 3DS version. I hope we can just buy Tetra and Red Lions on the Wii U version and don't have to get the 3DS game just to get them.

Still, to all saying that the game sold badly...Koei Tecmo was very happy about the fact it reached a million WW, thanks to major sales outside of Japan. So, I don't think this is due to KT and Nintendo being disappointed by the original's performance.

I think it's just trying to reach a different audience that the first might have missed like others have said. Especially in Japan where the Wii U version bombed pretty hard. I'm assuming they're hoping the second go around, on a more popular system, will help squeeze out some more sales there and abroad.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The video is called "E3で発表!『ゼルダ無双 ハイラルオールスターズ』 ニンテンドー3DSに登場" which to me signifies an E3 trailer.

Why the hell is everything getting revealed before E3?

Oh, someone dun fucked up and is about to get fired.

It is unlisted, of course it won't appear on the page. So it is a leak yup

Yeah.
Guys, I think we already know 2 minutes of the Digital Event then (can't see this getting more exposure than the mere trailer...it'll probably be an "Exclusive reveal" without any interview / post-announcement comment).

Revven

Apparently this was always going to be revealed this week according to our very own LiamR

I'm sorry for Nintendo E3 spoilers, but I was told that they were going to show that this week. I only shared that a tad earlier.

So it's likely this wasn't/isn't part of the Digital Event or anything.

zroid

Banned
Ugh I really don't want to buy this fucking game just to get Wind Waker characters in the Wii U version.

(I'm assuming it's a port)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, I still haven't even finished the Wii U version, & I got the Season Pass.

On the one hand, being portable would ensure I could play it more, but I REALLY hope you can transfer save data or something. I don't really want to spend all those hours working my way back up to where I am on the Wii U version.

Also THE KING TURNED INTO THE DAMN BOAT, THAT IS AWESOME & I WANT IT NOW. Think eventually, they'll be sold separately for the Wii U?

Just watched the trailer, super disappointed that it's just a port. I hope it has some more new stuff besides two characters...
Where the fuck is my Toon Link?

Qurupeke

So, basically the game will look worse than the Wii U version, probably will have way fewer enemies on screen and it will be probably the same as HW WIi U except 2 characters content wise?

I don't want to sound pessimistic or something but this is underwhelming. I'd prefer a HW Portable or Classic Version with characters from games that didn't appear on HW. I mean, I love Tetra and the King and they look rather unique but if they're the biggest thing this has to offer, it's kinda pathetic. Even Smash 3DS had some interesting things compared to Wii U. And portability isn't that important to actually make such a game a must buy.

I guess I want to see more and understand how different this will really be. I'm kinda excited but still expected more from a Hyrule Warriors on 3DS. :/

Piers

The King of Hyrule is so surprising and off the wall, love it.
Shame the game will probably end up like Dead Rising Wii, with only ten enemies on screen at once.

McNum

I wanted the King of Hyrule to hit people with the King of Red Lions. But I'll admit, I didn't expect them to actually DO it!

Also, for the Warriors veterans, I noticed they switched characters mid-fight in the game. That seems pretty sweet. If a character is in trouble, I can just switch to them and beat up everyone? Or the Allied Base is in danger, I can switch to the character already there and clean house, then go back to what I was doing?

If so that's really useful and neat.

Now... does having the Wii U DLC work on the 3DS as well? It's the same NNID, after all. Would be a sweet incentive for double dipping.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Still, to all saying that the game sold badly...Koei Tecmo was very happy about the fact it reached a million WW, thanks to major sales outside of Japan. So, I don't think this is due to KT and Nintendo being disappointed by the original's performance.

can't believe people claimed that :\

Wouldn't a proper leak (at least the first video of a leaked title) be the English version, prepared for the Digital Event, Treehouse etc.?

I tought the same, but I fear it's a leak, this probably had to wait the Digital event to be uploaded on the KT official site.

maxcriden

Oh, a leak.

Yep. So this could have been one of the bigger bits of 3DS news at E3. *shrug* Especially with E3 in the title of the video. Unusual to see such a huge leak from Nintendo (but I guess it's KT in this case). I'm sure they're not thrilled. Hopefully as Fireblend said this will lead to more megatons at E3 to plug the leak in the hype boat, though.

Very surprised this doesn't seem to be N3DS exclusive.

Apparently this was always going to be revealed this week according to our very own LiamR

Oh, if that's the case, then scratch that (my comments above, I mean), and color me very surprised.

Anyway, I expect this will be one of 3DS's big releases this year, and as such I'll temper my expectations for what else we might see at E3. Hoping for LM3, 3DL2, and a new M&L RPG, though. Also surprised to see two handheld Zelda franchise games in one year, even if one is a spin-off. I wonder if we'll get a Zelda HD remaster or something for Wii U this year, but maybe that would cannablize interest/sales for Zelda U too much. Maybe HW2 or another spin-off, though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a sneaking suspicion with this that Wind Waker might be coming to 3DS. Having Wind Waker characters exclusive to the 3DS version seems kind of weird otherwise, unless a Wind Waker 3DS announcement came before this.

Jesus this is the last thing I saw coming, loved the Wii U version but I only had a loan review copy. Interested in picking it up again but let's see how this verison turns out.

RAWi

If this was going to be shown this week... then WTF does Nintendo has prepared for Digital Event?!

I mean, the possibilities!!!!

Jackano

This will make a GREAT portable title. So double dipping.

I kinda agree, but no way I start all over again. I put 300+ hours so far in it and I have many costume sleft in the TP DLC, and all MM DLC to play.
Cool if Tetra and King Hyrule are unlocked in the Wii U, but I will barely play it on n3DS.

Dr. Buni

I have a sneaking suspicion with this that Wind Waker might be coming to 3DS. Having Wind Waker characters exclusive to the 3DS version seems kind of weird otherwise, unless a Wind Waker 3DS announcement came before this.
By the end of the 3DS lifespam, every Zelda game will have been released for the system.

Berordn

Seems like it's more a nod to the new artstyle. Wind Waker was cel-shaded, and Hyrule Warriors is cel-shaded on 3DS.

Exile20

So, basically the game will look worse than the Wii U version, probably will have way fewer enemies on screen and it will be probably the same as HW WIi U except 2 characters content wise?

I don't want to sound pessimistic or something but this is underwhelming. I'd prefer a HW Portable or Classic Version with characters from games that didn't appear on HW. I mean, I love Tetra and the King and they look rather unique but if they're the biggest thing this has to offer, it's kinda pathetic. Even Smash 3DS had some interesting things compared to Wii U. And portability isn't that important to actually make such a game a must buy.

I guess I want to see more and understand how different this will really be. I'm kinda excited but still expected more from a Hyrule Warriors on 3DS. :/

This game isn't for Wii U owners really.

There is a userbase that owns a 3ds and not a Wii U. It is for them.

I have no problem with this port. If you have the Wii U version and is satisfied then the port shouldn't bother you at all.

The more people that play this the better so we get a HW2 for Wii U.

slowpantz

Neo Member
Wow, didn't see this coming. I'm in if my season pass from the WiiU and save data can transfer between the two versions.

Mesoian

This game isn't for Wii U owners really.

There is a userbase that owns a 3ds and not a Wii U. It is for them.

I have no problem with this port. If you have the Wii U version and is satisfied then the port shouldn't bother you at all.

The more people that play this the better so we get a HW2 for Wii U.

This is true....as long as I can buy Tetra and KOL for the WiiU version.

Because if not.....::Shakes fist::

Effect

I wish this hadn't leaked out or been accidentally put up. This is a pretty big and interesting surprise. Especially for non-Wii U but 3DS owners if they have this running well on the system. Now this could still surprise if they let you do co-op with the Wii U and 3DS game. That way neither version gets downgraded the way the game does now on the Wii U even though one is on the gamepad.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
You can transfer the characters over.

Yes, but you still get through through the 3DS and they feature heavily being the 'new characters' added to the 3DS version, but why have Wind Waker characters be exclusive to the 3DS version, there are other Zelda games they could pull from, but both shown at WW. Plus OoT and MM are already on 3DS, and when MM came about HW had a MM update.

It's just suspicion and not based on anything but speculating, but it seems a bit odd to me, especially when Wind Wake HD is already on WiiU and we didn't get WW characters then, but it came out before HW, but didn't have DLC or anything either. Neither did MM until MM 3DS was announced, though.

Seems like it's more a nod to the new artstyle. Wind Waker was cel-shaded, and Hyrule Warriors is cel-shaded on 3DS.

It very well might be that.

It has the functionality that was present in the first Musou game for the 3DS in Samurai Warriors Chronicles. In that game, like was shown in this leak, you can switch at will between up to 4 different characters during a single mission. The trailer only showed 3, but there's enough room for 4. I'd be incredibly surprised if they do nothing else to the game in order to make use of that gameplay mechanic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this is real, and that it comes to NA. The original game looked great, though I never got to play it since I don't have a Wii U.

Seeing several characters from Wind Waker there makes me happy!

Dr. Buni

This version of the game will likely sell more than the Wii U one solely because of the 3DS huge userbase. If you have both systems, the 3DS version might be redundant, but there are a lot more 3DS owners out there compared to Wii U owners.

Jackano

Wow, didn't see this coming. I'm in if my season pass from the WiiU and save data can transfer between the two versions.

Actually would be great if the save can transfer over. But I will not hold my breath for it.

We'll have to wait and see if this is new 3DS only. I will be very surprised if it's not.

Top Bottom