• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors: full content of the Majora's Mask pack revealed

Luigiv

Ok, forgot the new update. Ver. 1.5.0 coming out on January 29. Includes:

■ Raised max level for characters.
■ New potions.
■ Even more new medals.
■ New weapon skill(s)?
■ Smithy improved, adding several new options
"Delete Skill", "Check skills (before crafting)", and add "Sale weapons"
■ More information available during Adventure Mode
Total damage is visible, and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map.

But weapons still limited to 10 per category? Come on Omega Force/Team Ninja, please give us this for 1.6.0. Oh well, at least adding the option to sell weapons at any time will ease things a bit.

Oh yes. It's just amazing how good it feels to sprint through a massive field of enemies as Link, hacking a corridor through them as you go.

With how on-point the fanservice has been for this game (shy of Skull Kid being playable, and maybe there's something we don't know about, since three of the baddies were made playable), I'm still holding out hope Groose will secretly sneak in with the last patch. It's pretty much the last obvious thing they haven't done. (Although maybe he isn't as "popular" in Japan.)

It's possible (I'm hoping) that they're saving some things for a sequel. There are still plenty of characters from just the three major 3d games they could use including Groose.

L~A

Will the patch tell us how many KOs each map requires for the A rank in adventure mode? Or max damage taken? Frustrating to do a map and then realize you cleared it too quickly for the A rank because you didn't kill enough mooks.

Doesn't look like it... it's not mentionned in the patch notes, at the very least.

Golnei

012qos9a.jpg

At the very least, cover her face...

Will the patch tell us how many KOs each map requires for the A rank in adventure mode? Or max damage taken? Frustrating to do a map and then realize you cleared it too quickly for the A rank because you didn't kill enough mooks.

To be fair, 1200 KOs is pretty much the golden number for pretty much every tile that counts KOs for the score, I haven't seen a tile yet that deviates from this count.

L~A

To be fair, 1200 KOs is pretty much the golden number for pretty much every tile that counts KOs for the score, I haven't seen a tile yet that deviates from this count.

Yeah, and 1200KO is also the golden number for the second gold skultulla in each tile (at least, all those I encountered had this requirement).

Vena

I consider Skull Kid alt Lana a travesty, and nothing but a deliberate injection of salt into my open wound.

Why's that? All that Skull Kid wanted to do was play with Link...

... All Lana wants to do is play with Link too.
Maybe she and Zelda can share, one of them gets Young Link and the other gets Link.

Ansatz

■ Raised max level for characters.

Nintendo pls

Does anyone have a faster method for leveling, I just do the last two "rack up your KO count" over and over in the Master Quest adventure map which gives me roughly 5 levels per 10 mins.

Blues1990

I have to say, I don't remember Lana being so large &, um.... Large.
I know she's part of Cia, but
I don't recall her breasts being so big. 0_0

RagnarokX

006sdka5.jpg

This is one of the most incredibly bad ass picture I have ever seen.

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Love this picture so much. XD

ZDAZayP.jpg

9I0aQkW.jpg

I would've liked Fierce Deity to just be like Lu Bu OP as fuck but that's what makes it fun. Not a transformation, although I guess that makes more sense. grumble grumble

Yes, Lana is that busty, her outfit is just way more conservative than Cia's, which makes it less obvious. Her other other alt outfit makes her chest size more apparent.

Yeah, and 1200KO is also the golden number for the second gold skultulla in each tile (at least, all those I encountered had this requirement).

Really, Hyrule Warriors has a fairly standard setup for A-rank requirements and Skulltulas:

Time: Larger stages are usually always 15 minutes, shorter ones are 7-10.
KOs: 1200 is the golden rule if the stage counts them.
Damage: When in doubt, try not to get more than 4000 damage. Harder stages tend to be less strict, but less than 4000 pretty much ensures you get that A-rank for that category.
Skulltulas: First one is always 1000 KOs, second involves replaying the stage after getting the first one, getting 1200 KOs without losing more than 4 hearts worth of health, and after the first mission objective is achieved.

Why's that? All that Skull Kid wanted to do was play with Link...

... All Lana wants to do is play with Link too.
Maybe she and Zelda can share, one of them gets Young Link and the other gets Link.

Because it should have been Skull Kid as a playable character. It was meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it...

ZeroX03

Banned
Not a lot of love for Tooniverse, SS and the handheld entries is there? I guess that's being left for the sequel.

I'll pick this up sometime. The price is slowly dropping.

L~A

I'd love it if they added a "Required level" stat for Adventure map... something like a rank, based on the level of your character + level of your weapon.

It's pretty much the only thing I don't like about AM... sometimes you never know until it's too late.

OuterLimits

I must say that TecmoKoei has rely surpassed my expectations with this game. I thought it would be a decent game but I was hesitant to buy it especially since I'm not a huge Zelda fan.

Glad I did make the purchase since I seem to be addicted to the game. The updates and DLC have added great content to an already good sized game. Plus Hyrule Warriors has made me more interested in the Zelda franchise. The only Zelda games I have finished are the first one and A Link Between Worlds. I mainly was interested in HW because I enjoy Dynasty Warriors.

fernoca

Wii U decided to corrupt my HDD and lost all my installed games...and saves.

Oh well. This is the one game I had no problem downloading again to the internal memory in the meantime. Along the season pass. So much stuff, so much content, so many nods to all games.

The fact that only one of the Majora's Mask pack costumes is even from Majora's Mask depresses me.

"and you can now restart the mission without going back to the map."
YESSSSSS

006sdka5.jpg

Wait, Skull Kid wasn't in the base game at all, right? So what the fuck is he doing here?

maxmars

Skull Kid about to attack Link with the goddamn moon. Link not giving a single fuck and getting ready to slice that moon in half instead.

Yeah quintessential badass. Jan 29th can't come soon enough, I need to play this scenario.

Het_Nkik

I have to say, I don't remember Lana being so large &, um.... Large.
I know she's part of Cia, but
I don't recall her breasts being so big. 0_0

Put her in her Guardian of Time costume if you have it. Her reggie costume doesn't really show off the girls.

Pretty bummed by the two playable characters they picked. I hoped for the non-human links and skull kid himself. Instead, Skull Kid is relegated to costume status..... At least I really like playing with Lana.
Hopefully Hw2 happens someday so we can get them and the toon characters.

The old-fashioned shiek and impa are awesome costumes, though.

Violet_0

Banned
> release a Majora's Mask dlc pack
> make Tingle a playable character, reduce Skull Kid and the titular mask to a costume for the non-canon character
: /

So my prediction is that Lana will be a secret in Majora's Mask 3D

Just saying this so that if something so outlandish comes true, I can feel pretty cool

> release a Majora's Mask dlc pack
> make Tingle a playable character, reduce Skull Kid and the titular mask to a costume for the non-canon character
: /

I want Skull Kid too, but TBH, Tingle should be in before Skull Kid.

Neo Dark

Still waiting on the CD-i DLC pack:

That actually looks pretty good. Also, loving the Skull Kid outfit for Lana

So if Skull Kid is an enemy in the new DLC, would that mean a possibility he'll be an additional character later on like what happened with... Cia... and um the other two guys that I don't remember their names anymore because I only care about Cia and haven't played the game lately due to being busy lol

FFFanatic

Neo Member
006sdka5.jpg

I have a bad feeling this is *NOT* actually a boss fight.
This looks like some kind of special attack by young link.

I'd like to be wrong, though. =/

006sdka5.jpg

Wait, Skull Kid wasn't in the base game at all, right? So what the fuck is he doing here?

I have a bad feeling this is *NOT* actually a boss fight.
This looks like some kind of special attack by young link.

I'd like to be wrong, though. =/

I suppose it's the finishing attack for Focus Spirit of Child Link. Like, Child Link transforms to Fierce Deity Link when in Focus Spirit, and after it (or after pressing X), Skull Kid crashes the Moon on the battlefield while Fierce Deity Link doing... I don't know, doing something. Kinda makes me want to main Child Link.

Eolz

That Impa looks awful (already didn't like her look in OoT), but glad we can finally sell weapons without waiting.

There are so many awesome posts here that I don't even know who to quote ^_^ Great work, guys!

Jesus, Hyrule Warriors just keeps getting better! I can't stop playing this thing! I'm so surprised by how much I enjoy this game, it seems like I'll never get tired of it. I can't remember the last time I liked a game so much.

This pack is fantastic. Love the new characters, and the new update adds functionality that I really care about. Just perfect.

Bought a Wii U 3 months ago, and fell in love with this game. Anyone who is hesitating about it should just get it. It's really worth it. Probably my most pleasant surprise of 2014. Played it about 70 at minimum.

Kaldea

Skull Kid being a costume for Lana sucked all the hype out of it for me. Only character I hate using. I was so excited for a playable Skull Kid. :(

justchris

I'm a big fan of the Musou, and I honestly think SW4 and OPPW2 are among the best of the series. I have not played this game, but for those who are familiar with Musou titles, how does Hyrule Warriors stack up against the others?

I actually haven't played either of the newer Samurai or Dynasty Musou games, but comparing to some of the older games and other franchise games (like Gundam), this one still stands out. It runs extremely well, and is super faithful to the source material, while still providing something new, and it is brimming with content. Even without all the DLC (ALL THE DLC) there is just so much to do.

Top Bottom